main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Solo42986, Dec 28, 2002.

1. AcrossTheStars86

AcrossTheStars86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    My eyes are burning.

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Here I am on a Sunday morning....unable to sleep when I should be in my peaceful slumber.

Randon thought..hmmmmm....

Why do they call them blackboards, but all the ones in my school were green??

There actually is a logical answer to this one.

3. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    and that would be...?

4. jedijason8080

jedijason8080 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    Chris when you get married it gets worse buy a comfortable couch incase you have to sleep there.

5. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    We just got back from the bridal show. I am onluy looking for a few things from the bridal shower...BIG screen TV and power tools!! ( Insert grunt here)

Jason, I will hold you to that. So far everything that people tell me is coming true. note to self--ask for big comfortable couch

6. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    as for the blackboard thing.... Its a proven fact that people learn better when the color combination is a green board and yellow chalk....

so why is it that most schools use green boards and white chalk or black boards and white chalk.... which are proven the least effective???

"Two hits.. me hitting you, you hitting the floor...."

7. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    It is also a proven fact that green is more comfortable to the eyes.

Maybe my school wasn't concerned about us being comfortable. That would explain the bars on the windows and the leg shackles!!

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Buffalo, sorry to intrude but I was trying to find a thread to say sorry that
    I have not come by before to say hello
    to all of you. All the best for 2003 :)

Mike

9. Stemmi

Stemmi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    listerine toothpaste numbs my tongue...

10. Parallax18

Parallax18 Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    What guy was crazy/daring/drunk enough to look at a cow and think "Hey, I think I'll try drinking some of that stuff coming out of those knobby things!"

Whoever it was, he must have been chewing the dream plant, if you know what I mean.

And I keep saying 'he', because I don't think any woman would ever be stupid enough to try it first.

-Knight

11. jedijaime

jedijaime Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Why is it when you are trying to get someone's attention it is too loud they cannot hear you, but when it is dead silence, you have a loud fart and everyone hears you!!!!!!!!

12. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Jaime......@#&! happens!

How do you like that for my 300th post!!!

13. Parallax18

Parallax18 Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    Sums up life life perfectly. :) Far, far too perfectly.

-Knight

14. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm ticked! I'm trying to buy a webcam online right now, but none of the stores I've found will take personal checks. I don't have a credit card; they're a bad investment for me.

15. Stemmi

Stemmi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    how come my wife doesnt ever bring me home free donuts...

16. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    It's not every woman who brings you lasagna at work

Stemmi...is that what it takes to see you at a meeting?.......doughnuts!!!! You missed the Crispy Cremes at the last meeting.

17. jedijaime

jedijaime Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Why is it when you go to the dentist's your nose always gets numb & it takes someone else to notice that you have snots running out of your nose?

18. WinchKafor

WinchKafor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    You know there is one thing i have alway wondered. Who named the colors?

And why no mater how hard i try, cant i find the direction Onna (prob spelled wrong) So that i can transend to the 4th demention. Now Onna is said to be a 90 degree angel to all other angels. Some beleave that the 4 demention is time. but we all no it is not. because if i was a 1 dementionl dot, there is still time. In other words there has to be something to define time. Wow that is a srodingers cat issue. I have been studing this for years as a hobby. After all these years the only thing i can come up with is that Onna has to cross all the dementonal line once and not cross them again or itself. Kind of like a bubble with the three directions inside it. But that thought contradicts my own findings. because the bubble would the 3 other lines twice. not once. Does anyone have an insite that might be able to help me.

19. WinchKafor

Nov 1, 2002
    The only other why that i could see would to be to some how fold the lines to make a second point where thy all meat and which in it self would creat a bubble of sorts. Which leads me to beleave that the 4th D has something to do with a sphereical shape. Let me know if i am getting some where or i am just nuts. I have never talked about this with anyone. I have been working on this for close to 10 years now. Hundreds upon hundreds of my own debunked ideas. I am so close to giveing up, on it. BUt i also feel i am so close to answering hte question.

20. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    my reply to that would be... HUH?!?!

21. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks Winch....as if I wasn't having a hard enough time sleeping already!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Winch...I think you need to come to the meeting and talk some Star Wars and get your mind off time travel. If you figure it out, let me know, I would love to see some things in the past. That would be so sweet to go back and buy a ton of toys and leave them all in the package while every other kid looks at me like I am weird!!

Hey Winch....check out the movie Donnie Darko if you get the chance. It has a little to do with time travel.

22. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I'd go back in time and join the North Ridge earlier, before IMAX. :)(of course I'd have to bring Amanda or else she'd complain! lol)

23. AcrossTheStars86

AcrossTheStars86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    AHHH BRAIN FREEZE!!!

24. WinchKafor

Nov 1, 2002
    I think you misunderstand the 4th D has nothing to do with Time travel in the sence that you think. As in jumping back and forth throught time. If there is a link to time travel it would be distance traveled in the blink of an eye. But i am not even sure about that. Let me crack open the case of the 4th D first. Than we can try to put it to practical use. I realy can use some fresh ideas.

25. WinchKafor

Nov 1, 2002
    Besides even it we had the ability to travel back in time. It is not a good idea. there is this small problem that people tend to forget. IF we when back in time it would be to easy to creat a paradox. Or alter the flow of space time. Take my word, It would not be good.