main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Rangers of the New Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    What about grey sith?;)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I hope that Hera truly is involved because it would be a great chance to introduce her son, a potential new Force sensitive. How old would be in the Mando-Rangers timeline?

TadoFett likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    a youngling. Not even a teen. We still don't know the timeline of the end montage in Rebels. Filoni threw the wrench in that. It could be during the timeline of Mando or it could be directly after ROTJ.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  4. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Considering when Kanan died, there’s only a small window of when he could have been born. A ~5 year old Jacen at the end of ROTJ wouldn’t interest me, but neither would a 10 year old during the Mando timeline.

But I’m at peace knowing a character that age would be par for the course for Disney so I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

And I don’t put much thought into Filoni trying to be ambiguous with when the Rebels epilogue takes place. Until I see a legit explanation on how Ahsoka’s Togrutas shrunk during The Mando and then grew to her Rebels length when she picked up Sabine, I’m gonna keep assuming that prologue took place after the second DS blew up[face_laugh]

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It’s a real shame everyone died in rogue one. This would be a cool way to have them back if they weren’t dead.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Jacen Syndulla would 10 years a perfect time to introduce anew force user, who might be a target from unseen enemies lurking in the darkness, new force users and old ones wanting a strong new apprentice. I think these shows might go from him being 10-15. I don't think he'll join Luke at his jedi school as we know what happens and be little too hopeful if both him and Grogu survives. I think etiher Ahsoka or Ezra mentors him. He's probaly on Ryloth with his grandfather, cham Syndulla.

7. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Montrals, yo. Her "togrutas" sounds like a euphemism for... something else. But I hope that doesn't catch on!

8. defence44

defence44 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2021
    judging from the title I'm gonna speculate it does sound like it's a documentary like, in depth, military type series, sort of like the Clone Wars was. Most likely dealing with Imperial remnants and the rise of the First Order

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "I'm not as selfish as I probably ought to be and, if I'm being honest, I'm not really all that interested in power. Anyhow, I suppose I should kill you, Jedi. If you're up for it. If not, no biggie".

EHT, Bor Mullet, Riv_Shiel and 2 others like this.
  10. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    "I mean, hate makes me powerful, yeah, but do I really need to be *that* powerful? Seems like I could get plenty enough power for a day to day type situation just from, like, entitled annoyance."

11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    (Insert the Steve Martin speech about “big shots” at the hot dog and hot dog bun company being in a conspiracy to increase purchase of each other’s products... but in a dark bathrobe.)

Bor Mullet and PymParticles like this.
  12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    No lie, I think about that scene at least once a week.

13. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I wonder when we will start hearing casting for this.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Probaly a while,

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/st...iloni-lucasfilm-creative-director-1234978130/
    Guess the show is in dev hell then?

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett, cwustudent and DLCV like this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    To be frank, Im ok with no Rangers of the New Republic.

We already had the upcoming Mando s3, Ahsoka, and Book of Boba Fett in the same general timeframe.

Preferably another NR era series should be set elsewhere, such as an animated series about Luke and co. None of the upcoming series are Jedi focused (Ahsoka is the closest thing), so Luke and his Academy (even though we know how it ends) is more appealing to me. That or an animated High Republic series.

17. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I guess the show really did focus on Cara Dune as the lead. Putting aside her political opinions, Gina Carano is not a good enough actor to have lead a high profile series.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the show will still come out, but be re-written with new characters.

Merric, VexedAtVohai and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I really like the idea of New Republic Rangers out in the periphery trying to bring some semblance of human decency and democratic structure to the ungoverned spaces of the galaxy. There's no reason that such a concept needed to be tied to Gina Carano. Great actors abound. Bring them in and make the show.

Cynda, godisawesome , Sarge and 3 others like this.
  20. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    They should recast her as an Imperial warlord. That would be a great fit.

21. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    It could just be scheduled that way. There’s only so many shows that these guys can manage at a time.
    If the current slate is wrapping up Fett, starting Mando season 3 and hiring for Ahsoka it could be that they just do not have the hours to also get Rangers off the ground just yet.

It’s entirely possible this was always the plan and that Rangers was always going to be last cab off the rank and they’ll get it it when the characters and story of the show are needed to progress the overall narrative.

Unless some serious scripting had occurred prior to Carano’s firing I can’t fathom them being unable to pivot to another character (if that is indeed what was happening).

22. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    If the show is inactive due to Carano's canning, I don't think it will take long to reactivate things. Slightly rewrite the character and pick from a slew of interesting actresses.

If this is Carano related, I think we'll all benefit in the end from a slightly different lead character/actress.

For the show to succeed, it would be good to find someone with talent.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll have to agree this makes it a lot more likely the show was to lead Carano, thankfully that’s not the case. As @The Chalk Jedi said you need a good actor. Carano isn’t the worst I have seen, but she is hardly lead material either. She is just mediocre, which is fine for a side character. Not for a lead. If this show gets made we’ll have to wait and see

cwustudent and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Oh FGS, these TV series don't make themselves and Filoni and crew have enough to keep them very busy at the moment. Just because it is at the back of the queue it does not mean it will never be made. FTR I don't think Cara Dune would have been one of the leads anyhow.

25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I agree. The clear priorities for Favreau/Filoni-verse are Mandalorian, Boba Fett and Ahsoka. Rangers was the fourth wheel of those and seems like something that might be meant as an aggregator bringing threads from those series together. I never got the impression that Rangers was all that imminent but something that was going to be built to.

On a character and story level pivoting off Cara Dune would seem to be something fairly easy to do unless they actually meant for it to create an importance around the character that isn't evident so far. Was she going to be transformed from Frasier as support character on Cheers to Frasier lead on Frasier?