main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Rangers of the New Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    "Get the man some bloody eggs woman!"

[face_laugh] He probably would have had a career still. [face_laugh]

Sorry for the sarcasm, but you do know he was in films before AotC, yes?

2. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    They obviously have plans for Timothy Olyphant and Cobb otherwise why show the post-credits screne, why else bring in that dumb Deputy character when Cad could have easily just killed Cobb, if they wanted him to just die. Just like it was painfully obvious that Grogu was coming back to the mando once they showed the new Mandalorian ship and they have the small Pod for an obvious baby grogu.

I'm a fan of Gina and I think she was becoming a better actress and she was very good physically in action, but Timothy Olyphant is an upgrade no matter how you look at it. well he does need to eat a sandwich bad, but his acting is so much better. If they do a re work of Rangers of the new Republic and bring in some colorful cast, I could finally see this might be the Star Wars show that actually lands humor a lot. I'm here all day for Timothy/bill burr banter. You could bring me in a Carl Weathers, and some of the new Republic officers to flesh out world. It also would be the show where you could have guest stars a lot and people would not complain like the Mandalorian, boba, Ahsoka Etc... make this show more episodic than the other shows to bring a different flavor to the universe.

Cos Palpatine and Django Fett like this.
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Id say they have plans for him yeah. I gather he will have a robotic arm or something like that.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I do think they're maybe thinking of giving Cobb Vanth his own mini series, whatever it ends up being called.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Cobb Vanth was a great side character, but am not particularly interested in a whole series of on-the-nose Western gunslinging stuff.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I like Cobb, he's a good small character who can be expanded into the head of a group of law men, could he take the Wyatt Earp role... I don't see why not considering TO is a quality actor.

RetropME and Count Yubnub like this.
  7. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    I've had my fill of Tatooine and we haven't even got the Obi Wan series yet.

If they do bring back Cobb in that capacity please let him move off world.

8. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I agree here and I think they would move offworld, because a lot of the underworld elements on Tatooine has now been wiped out or is greatly reduced because of Boba Fett and cobbs group. Especially if it's revealed That Boba is the one who hired that mod to repaire Cobbs arm. Now he could owe him a favor off world or something similar

9. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I guess calling it Rangers of the New Republic instead of Rangers of Tatooine may be a clue that other than a recruitment scene this won't be set on Tatooine.

10. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    I guess it can be whatever you want to imagine it to be.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Imagine if Din Djarin and Boba Fett would have to fight for that? Which one would win? Many at the moment would say Din I think.

There is not enough in him yet for own show. Same with Cara Dune IMO. Even without controversy about the actor I mean. She is not interesting enough for the show of her own. Cobb is better character IMO, but very stereotypical gunslinger marshall from any western really. Just in SW-setting.

So is it confirmed this series is cancelled or...?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly if Book of Boba Fett taught me anything is that perhaps get different writers and show runner for this with Jon executive producing it.

13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think there was an interview where it was said the major plot points of the show would be moved to the Mandalorian instead so it sounds canceled to me.

I have to admit I am disappointed since I really wanted more NR content, but hey, stuff like that happens. And if the plot points will be recycled, maybe the NR will play a bigger role in future episodes of the Mandalorian. There definitely seems to be a plot thread with Carson Teva's investigations.

14. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    They must've fitted ROTNR with a pacemaker, every time you think it's gone it's shocks everyone and itself back to life...I've written it off so many times, I find it difficult to write this off this time.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Every day I hope fora Cobb show and every day I am sad

BigAl6ft6 and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There's Celebration soon. ;)

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I would like some version of this show to happen.

TadoFett likes this.
  18. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Definitely going to happen.

19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Could this show be resurrected but set around the time of The Acolyte and renamed Rangers of the Old Republic...

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That would be Rangers of the High Republic.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Or Rangers of the Galactic Republic as we go from High republic to the Galactic Republic we know from the Prequels.

22. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    But would it work?

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly after seeing Book of Boba Fett i'd rather things get folded into to a more successful show than get overly stretched out into something they clearly were not ready for.

Reepicheep775 likes this.
  25. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I don't think the Book of Boba Fett was stretched necessarily, it just wasn't handled too well in terms of writing. Some of the directing too. I think with a good creative mind working on it that there's plenty of room to play for a Rangers-type show.

MercenaryAce likes this.