main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Mandalorian Rank all "The Mandalorian" Chapters (1 to 24)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Master Jedi Fixxxer, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    Reposting my ranking from the other thread:
    1. The Jedi - 10
    2. The Sin - 9
    3. The Rescue - 9
    4. The Reckoning - 9
    5. Redemption - 8
    6. The Marshal - 7
    7. The Believer - 7
    .8 The Mandalorian - 7
    9. The Child - 7
    10. The Tragedy - 6
    11. The Prisoner - 6
    12. The Passenger - 6
    13. The Heiress - 6
    14. Sanctuary - 5
    15. The Siege - 5
    16. The Gunslinger - 4

3sm1r likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I missed Kuiil (or a Kuiil-like character) in season 2. A part of me feels like occasional meetups with Ahsoka to play the Kuiil role (guiding them to the Jedi, but not fully training Grogu) might’ve been beneficial, but I digress. Season 2 was fantastic. It’s just that Season 1 is an instant classic that I think will be unbeatable for some time.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is difficult. Ranking the movies is hard, but ranking these chapters is on a whole other level. The below list is how I rank them right now. By the time I hit post, I've probably already changed my mind. :p

1. Chapter 16: The Rescue
    Everything about this episode is great, but that ending takes it to dizzying heights. It's so emotional - both out of universe, with seeing Luke in his prime, but especially in universe, with Din and Grogu parting ways. Perfection.

2. Chapter 13: The Jedi
    Not only because of Ahsoka, though she is one of the reasons I love the episode. But the Yojimbo-esque vibe of the episode is amazing, and Corvus is one of the best looking planets in Star Wars ever. Oh, and freaking Michael Biehn is in it and has a shotgun blaster.
    Probably my favorite episode from a visual standpoint.

3. Chapter 8: Redemption
    Again, a very emotional episode, but one with great action and comedy as well.

4. Chapter 2: The Child
    Visual storytelling at its finest. Din climbing the Sand Crawler is so much fun, and for someone who grew up playing Super Star Wars on the SNES, it has a fun sense of familiarity to it. :p Just a perfect little SW short film.

5. Chapter 9: The Marshal
    Also a near-perfect SW short film. I love the exploration of Tatooine and the further development of the Tuskens. And this episode, more than any other, captures that western feeling. Cobb Vanth is a fun character, and that Boba reveal at the end is just *chef's kiss*.

6. Chapter 11: The Heiress
    It has Titus Welliver as an Imperial officer!
    Also Bo-Katan I guess. :p

7. Chapter 3: The Sin
    Love the action in this one, and that Mandalorian attack at the end was a dream come true to see. It was also the episode that really made a character out of Din, when we see that he really is more than just a cool bounty hunter.

8. Chapter 7: The Reckoning
    Really exciting build-up to the season finale, and I just adore that flashback to Kuill teaching IG.

9. Chapter 15: The Believer
    The junkyard planet at the start is another favorite of mine. Visually so much more interesting than 99% of all SW planets in the post-PT era. And that scene with helmetless Din, Mayfeld and the Imperial is wonderfully tense.

10. Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
    Can't think of a much better way to start a show. Mando is immediately intriguing, the Kubaz with the flute tells us that things are going to be weird (in a good way), and the shoot-out with Din and IG is still one of my favorite action scenes in the show, as I find their banter hilarious. And of course that ending twist...
    Oh, and Blurrgs!

11. Chapter 14: The Tragedy
    Visually my least favorite episode, but the story is great, as are the twists. And BOBA IS BACK, BABY!

12. Chapter 12: The Siege
    This is mostly a fun one, and that chase scene is easily one of my favorites in all of Star Wars. Love that shot of the speeder bikes going down the cliffs.

13. Chapter 5: The Gunslinger
    The cantina is almost empty. Droid bartender. What more can you ask for? Fun episode, and one that gets better after having seen Fennec and Boba in season 2.

14. Chapter 10: The Passenger
    This has grown on me. The scenes with the spiders are terrifying, and I love the New Republic pilots.

15. Chapter 4: Sanctuary
    I like this look at "normal" life in GFFA. And they made an AT-ST scary, which is really cool!

16. Chapter 6: The Prisoner
    I really like how we get a bit of a look at the New Republic, but as a whole, this is the episode I'm least excited about when I re-watch the show. I still enjoy it though.

Two seasons down, and I have yet to dislike a single episode. This show is amazing!

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh wow, our rankings are very similar in their core. And I agree with every single comment on the episodes with you.

The main differences I see are that I have the Season 1 Filoni episodes a little higher. And while I can't really argue with anyone about ranking The Gunslinger low on their list, I do think that "The Mandalorian" is a very underrated episode. It is for me a spectacular introduction to the show, and now that we have loved all these characters and settings, when I go back and watch it, it's really really good. And filled with story and action too. And Kuill.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree that Chapter 1 is underrated. Not least as the IG-11 shootout is, I believe, one of the best action scenes in Star Wars. I also absolutely love the learning to ride a blurrg scene.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  6. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    1. The Rescue - 9
    2. The Believer - 8.5
    3. The Jedi - 8
    4. The Reckoning - 7.5
    5. The Prisoner - 7.5
    6. Redemption - 7
    7. The Mandalorian - 7
    9. The Marshall - 7
    10. The Sin - 7
    11. The Tragedy - 7
    11. Gunslinger - 6.5
    12. The Passenger - 6.5
    13. The Child - 6.5
    14. The Heiress - 6.5
    15. The Siege - 6
    16. Sanctuary - 5

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Well this wasn't difficult at all to rank.

. Chapter 2: The Child
    2. Chapter 9: The Marshall
    3. Chapter 7: The Reckoning
    4. Chapter 6: The Prisoner
    5. Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
    6. Chapter 11: The Heiress
    7. Chapter 3: The Sin
    8. Chapter 8: Redemption
    9. Chapter 13: The Jedi
    10. Chapter 16: The Rescue
    11. Chapter 15: The Believer
    12. Chapter 12: The Siege
    13. Chapter 14: The Tragedy
    14. Chapter 5: The Gunslinger
    15. Chapter 4: Sanctuary
    16. Chapter 10: The Passenger

I like all the episodes and even the weaker ones I can find some entertainment value in. Though overall I do find myself enjoying Season 1 more than 2, characterizations just seemed a little stronger for the first season IMO.

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I really don't have a preference when it comes to the two seasons. Both have their strengths and (some minor) weaknesses, and I enjoy them both pretty much equally.

9. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    This is tough to rank them all, but certain ones stick out in my memory. I'm sure I've forgotten others. Season 2 was so good, I have to say I enjoyed most of the episodes. These are the ones that I resonated with:

1. The Rescue
    2. The Jedi
    3. The Believer
    4. The Sin
    5. The Reckoning
    6. The Redemption
    7. The Heiress
    There are parts of other episodes that I really enjoyed. Will be interesting where they take Din and Grogu's characters. Hopefully, they will start to give little hints in the fall or late summer about what where they are headed. Till then, I will see The Book of Boba Fett in December.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  10. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    Nos. 1/2 are my favorite Star Wars things since 1983.

1. The Rescue (Luke)
    2. The Jedi (Ahsoka)

3. The Tragedy (Boba)
    4. The Heiress (Bo)

DarthFixxxer and CampOfSorgan like this.
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    JEDI GRAND MASTER LEVEL:
    1. Chapter 16: The Rescue - only episode to make me bawl like a baby. Not because of Luke, but because of Din and Grogu's farewell.
    2. Chapter 13: The Jedi - cuz Ahsoka. 'nuff said.
    3. Chapter 11: The Heiress - Bo-Katan! Mandalorians! Incredible spaceship action scenes!

JEDI MASTER LEVEL:
    4. Chapter 3: The Sin - major turning point in Mando's character development. Werner Herzog!
    5. Chapter 8: Redemption - amazing action. Darksaber!
    6. Chapter 15: The Believer - Bill Burr's incredible acting and giving us the perspective of the other side.
    7. Chapter 9: The Marshall - incredible action.
    8. Chapter 2: The Child - great action and we see Grogu's force powers!
    9. Chapter 7: The Reckoning - intro to Moff Gideon - a solid villain.

JEDI KNIGHT LEVEL:
    10. Chapter 1: The Mandalorian - fantastic introduction to the series.
    11. Chapter 14: The Tragedy - Boba Fett!
    12. Chapter 12: The Siege - great action scenes!
    13. Chapter 6: The Prisoner - decent prison breakout episode.

PADAWAN LEVEL:
    14. Chapter 10: The Passenger - couldn't believe I was watching a frog in a hot tub in Star Wars. The spiders helped balance the episode out though.
    15. Chapter 5: The Gunslinger - Han Solo wannabe is too wannabe.
    16. Chapter 4: Sanctuary - rehash of Seven Samurai and Clone Wars already did that story.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'll have to think on this a bit before I try a ranking but it's already interesting to see how different my rankings will be from the norm here. It breaks my heart to see The Passenger so low for folks as it will definitely be near the top for me. Then again, the rescue may be my least favorite episode so I'm off from the norm on that one as well...

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    1) The Child
    2) The Reckoning -
    3) Redemption
    4) The Marshall
    5)The Sin
    6) The Rescue
    7) The Jedi
    8) The Heiress
    9) The Tragedy
    10) The Believer
    11) The Prisoner
    12) The Siege
    13) The Mandalorian
    14) The Gunslinger
    15) Sanctuary
    16) The Passenger

here's to 16 more.

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  14. Teo9969

Teo9969 Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2020
    Not sure what's wrong with me, but Sanctuary is in my Top 5 - Nothing has grounded the GFFA more than that episode - it's also the first episode that establishes that Din is actually a legitimately good character. Saving Grogu was a mystical decision where his own salvation prompted him toward action. Sanctuary showed us that Din is a person who wants to see the Galaxy thrive.

Anyway Top 5 ranking would be something like:

1. S1E1 - The Mandalorian
    2. S2E7 - The Believer
    3. S2E1 - The Marshal
    4. S1E4 - Sanctuary
    5. S2E5 - The Jedi
    Honorable Mentions: S2E8 - The Rescue, S1E7 - The Reckoning

15. Kylo_Ben

Kylo_Ben Jedi Knight

Jan 5, 2017
    so much this. Except, I’d possibly put The Jedi first. The cinematography was out of control.

16. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    I don't like your list very much (haha) but I totally agree with this.

17. Teo9969

Teo9969 Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2020
    I mean I'd give the vast majority of episodes a 7-8 out of 10, depending on the day, but those in my list are all 8+/10. They're the ones that have made the most impact on me understanding the characters and the world better.

18. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    I sort of thought about it. It's very close. Ahsoka really stuck the landing (Rosario was perfect, makeup was perfect, choreography was perfect, sound/music was perfect). This hit me with some emotions because *this* is a Jedi. This isn't the group of 1,000 Jedi that die like fodder for bumbling droids in an trap on Geonosis. This was one Jedi that could single-handedly defeat an entire garrison without breaking a sweat. I rewatched this episode, in parts, at least 20 times.

...but, while Ahsoka triggered emotions, Luke's arrival brought teary eyes and a lump in my throat (even on repeat viewings). ...and then right after that again with the Grogu goodbye scene. I don't really get emotional about stuff. I'm tough. I spit on flowers. :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Zoe Con and DarthFixxxer like this.
  19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    That wasn't even 100 Jedi in that scene, let alone 1000. And they did not die like fodder.

But I do think Ahsoka is obviously one of the better Jedi out there in terms of skills and power, and one of the absolute best in terms of character.

20. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    There were 212 Jedi who were lured into a trap facing a mix of those super battle droids and those 'roger roger' droids. They dropped themselves into a surrounded position with no cover and 85% of them were mowed down. The Separatists lost a lot of hardware, some low-value Geonosian pawns, and one highly-skilled contractor (Jango). About 180 Jedi were killed. The events that took place on Geonosis are a display of extreme incompetence in both tactics and execution by the Jedi. ...but I don't think it was Lucas' intent to diminish them, the fact that it did was just because it was just badly written.

You're right, Ahsoka is definitely well above average. She might even be top 10. That said, even the weakest of Jedi Knights should be posed 0% threat by some regular stormtroopers or droids.

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Child, I believe, can't even be judged as a normal episode of television. It's as if Famuyiwa bit into the jugular of the Ultimate Star Wars Myth-Creation Monster, and spat out the pure, unfiltered Star Wars perfection that was his episode. If we didn't know better as a species (maybe we don't?) it could lay the foundation for an entirely new religion.

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's not in my top 5, but I do like it a lot more than most people. I like it's quirks and the entire depiction of the AT-ST.

my kind of scum likes this.
  23. Elle-Wan

Jul 11, 2004
    It's really true hahaha. In general about Grogu (aka Baby Yoda). I haven't heard a single negative thing about him from anyone. Everyone loves him. He's ridiculously cute, but not in such a way that messes up the general SW aesthetic, and people who generally could give a f about Star Wars watch because of him. My mother watches TM and cried when they said goodbye. She has never cared about SW a day in her life before that.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Mods can you redirect my thread here so that we have everything together? I have no problem if mine disappears, but it would be a pity to lose the posts of those who voted there.

EDIT also sorry DarthFixxxer, I think I missed your thread when I created mine ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Why sorry, these are two different threads, I kinda like having both of them :)