main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Rank the Four Live Action TV Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Nov 27, 2022.

?

What is the best live action Star Wars series so far?

1. The Mandalorian

28.9%
  2. The Book of Boba Fett

2.4%
  3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

12.0%
  4. Andor

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    1. The Mandalorian
    My wife and I are currently doing a rewatch of the first two seasons in preparation for season 3. I’ve watched season one many times and every time it hits just right. This show screams SW to me. I still remember that feeling I got when the first episode aired because I still get that feeling when I watch it today.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    I haven’t yet had a rewatch of this one but I was definitely happy with it the first time. My favorite Jedi teaming up with a little Leia was something I didn’t know I wanted. And seeing Hayden come back as Vader was amazing. I’m glad he did it and is going to be in the Ahsoka show some how. The show isn’t perfect however. Some of the set pieces and special effects were not so great at times.

3. Andor
    I’ll be honest, I don’t really understand the hype around this show. Is it good? Absolutely! But it’s pretty darn overrated. It definitely has the best production of any of the shows. It’s completely beautiful to look it. The total lack of aliens infuriates me more than it probably should but I don’t get why there’s little to no different species around. I don’t mind slow burn shows but this one is almost a bit too much of one and just doesn’t seem to work for me with SW. I will say that the prison escape episodes are some of the best of the live action shows and Andy Serkis completely steals the show in those.

4. The Book of Boba Fett
    This one I almost ranked above Andor simply because it feels more like SW. I couldn’t though because it’s definitely the lesser of the two. The writing isn’t great and the flash backs got old real fast. Not to mention the last three episodes could’ve been the beginning to Mando season 3. I don’t get how Boba can be such a badass in season 2 of The Mandalorian and then be watered down in his own show and then take a back seat. Also, they never explain why the title is the title. I’m honestly hoping for a season 2 just so Boba can get some freaking justice and show us all why he the most feared bounty hunter in all of the galaxy.

2. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    1. Mando by a mile, because its the only one that made me feel like a kid again.

2. BoBF because it had a couple of good Mando episodes.

3. Kenobi dealt with a subject that shouldn't and didn't need to be addressed.

4. Andor was too long and too boring and felt like it was trying too hard not to be Star Wars. I don't tune into Star Wars to be regaled with tales of domestic squabbles and marital issues.

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    1. The Mandalorian
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. The Book of Boba Fett
    4. Andor

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    In summary. Andor is the best show for sure (and if anything, underrated), followed (very closely) by the Mandalorian, as it contains four episodes that are the best in Star Wars, then comes Obi-Wan (the final unmasked conversation between him and Anakin is better executed than all the drama in the prequels and sequels combined, and little Leia was marvelous), and finally Boba Fett, for hosting two excellent Mandalorian episodes.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Darth__Lobot, EHT and Sarge like this.
  5. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    I think the poll at the top would like to disagree with you

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    If anything Obi-Wan Kenobi tv show is underrated.

7. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    Completely agree. As I said before, it’s not perfect but the best things about it outshine the worst things about it, for me anyway. I’m honestly surprised to see so much hate for it. Oh well, it’s a show that doesn’t need more than one season (although I’d happily take a second season) and I’m happy with what we got, so this Star Wars fan is pleased.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s the highest rated. That’s different than overrated. ;)

9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yup, being rated fairly doesn't make you overrated.

The logic that if something is ranked at the top it cannot be underrated just doesn't work. If a sports star is clearly the best in the game, you still can have a surprisingly high number of people questioning whether he is actually the best (in which case he is underrated), or a clear majority that is still not unanimous (in which case he is rated fairly with the possibility of being underrated). The same thing can apply elsewhere as well. Being over- or underrated hinges on your perception compared to your accomplishments, not on whether you are on top or not.

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  10. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    I’m still going to stick with it being overrated. Again, I liked Andor well enough. It just gets a crazy amount of praise for what it is, on this forum, other forums, social media and people I personally know. Hence it being overrated imo. The poll is just more evidence to that.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  11. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Andor is the beneficiary of all that "No Skywalkers, No Lighsabers" hype train.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Nah. Andor is just the beneficiary of a good showrunner, good writers, good directors, and good actors.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Andor was little boring at the start.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Says you. I wasn’t bored for a second.

Darth Chiznuk and Riv_Shiel like this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "Literally everyone I come across likes it; overrated."

16. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    Well… yeah. When most people are raving about something that you consider just “good”, you would probably think it’s overrated, right?

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Andor is simply excellent. I had thought that The Mandalorian would be locked into first place for me (except for a brief period when the excitement of the finale episode of Kenobi had me thinking that was my favorite). But as it is, my order is Andor first, The Mandalorian second, Kenobi third, and TBOBF fourth. TBOBF was mostly disappointing, IMO... the highlights being the flashbacks and the episodes that were really more like episodes of The Mandalorian.

Darth__Lobot, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You need more than a sample size of one to gauge if something is overrated lol.

19. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Mine:

1. Obi-wan
    2. The Mandalorian
    3. Andor
    4. TBOBF

All 10/10 but Andor had only 3 outstanding Episodes 6 , 10 & 12 - I know this because they are the only 3 episodes with over 9/10 on IMDB - the rest of Andor was abit slow IMHO but those 3 outstanding episodes alone were enough to beat boba fett.
    Obi-wan was simply outstanding - seeing Ewan , Hadyn and Liam Neeson once more was simply brilliant.
    The Mandalorian is top quality and some amazing Star Wars in it.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's overrated among that sample size.

Darth__Lobot and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. QsAssistant

Apr 13, 2011
    No. Saying something is overrated, underrated or fairly rated would be a matter of opinion or as you said, “a sample size of one.” It’s not like the general public gets together to decide on such a thing.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd agree there. "Overrated" and "underrated" are subjective terms. I might find a show overrated while you find it underrated. Both of us would be correct, as it's simply our own estimations of the quality of show contrasted with the opinion of the majority.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean yeah they're subjective, but usually when measuring media they're only really applicable if there's a disconnect between two large groups of reviewers, usually the people versus the critics; it doesn't really work on the individual level. It's often the case with the stuff that wins Oscars or Emmys when the majority of normal people either disliked it or just thought it was meh to OK. In this case pretty much everyone and their mother likes or loves Andor, so a few people thinking otherwise does not make it overrated, it's just rated.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh? One person can absolutely find it overrated, even if they're the lone person in the world to do so. It's a very common way to express one's feelings about a show or film, and doesn't need the support of a larger group.

25. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    1) The Mandalorian - One could argue it’s the success of this show that meant Disney went all in with the numerous shows that have been and are still yet to be released. It brought back the magic feeling of Star Wars for me. It’s action, it’s emotional, it’s got cameos from Ahsoka, Luke, Bo Katan, Boba Fett which was fantastic to me. I just love everything about it and can’t wait to see where S3 takes us

2) Andor - Loved it. Doesn’t quite topple the Mandalorian as that gave me more of a special feeling when watching it. But Andor is terrific break away from traditional Star Wars storytelling. It’s well thought out, perfectly crafted and some of the acting performances and direction were amazing. I loved the nature of the slow building storyline and it’s given us some great background on Andor, Mon Mothma and the Rebellion.

3) Kenobi - On rewatches I do genuinely like this show. I think the relationship that they explored between Obi Wan and Leia was genius, as it adds so much more depth to ANH for me personally. It’s fun, it’s got the big hitting scenes with Obi Wan and Vader. However, I found that the show leaned too heavily on these big central characters to the Star Wars saga. The story wasn’t fleshed out or well thought out like Andor, it didn’t provide the magic of the Mandalorian and ultimately I wish we could have seen more of Obi Wan’s reflections and development during this time period. But I’m currently left still seeing a big void between the Kenobi we see in here and the one we see in Rebels.

4) Boba Fett - It was a disappointing mess unfortunately. Seeing how Boba survived ROTJ was great, episode 2 was incredible, The Mandalorian episodes were great but ultimately I don’t understand what the point of the whole show and conflict was.

Sarge and EHT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.