main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rank The Last Jedi's movie poster

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Glitterstimm, Mar 13, 2019.

?

Where does The Last Jedi's poster rank?

1. 1st

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2nd

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. 3rd

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. 4th

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. 5th

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  6. 6th

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. 7th

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. 8th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9th

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. 10th

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    ROTS will forever be my favorite. Love the portrait of Anakin with the shadows over his face and the Mustafar duel that highlights the conflict to come. The ominous Vader in the background is my favorite of the "villains loom in the back" trope in the posters. I also like the inclusion of Mace. My uncle had that poster framed in his home theater since I was 8.

I think the other 5 posters of the Lucas Saga are better than TLJ's.

However, TLJ has the best poster of the Disney films I think. The Swedish poster for Solo is phenomenal. That wins then.

However for American posters, the Solo one is underwhelming. Rogue One looks dreary and TFA one isn't particularly eye catching to me. I like the red and white color scheme tbh.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    6th for me. But the teaser poster is #1.

zackm likes this.
  3. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    For me without question is the original Empire Gone With the Wind... but before Billy complained, and Yoda and Boba Fett were added. The composition is gorgeous, the simplicity, the feelings it evokes.
    Star Wars is always brilliant. Your eye actually hits a spot... the center of Luke’s saber and moves clockwise around and it tells a story in the movement.
    The newer stuff I’m really just seeking out the person I want to see (oh there’s Han, there’s Leia) but in general they’re just overly busy and throw in everything but the kitchen sink... I get it from the studios for basically all movies in general, but in terms of long lasting posters as art, ouch!

4. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    Lots of peoples opinions being directed by nostalgia rather than objectivity imho.

The original ANH poster with Luke's shirt flung wide open and bulging 6 pack and pecs on display looks ridiculous and is something more akin to a Conan movie!

I'm an older SW fan but for me I must say the newer movie posters far surpass the older ones, except for SOLO which I believe is a truly diabolical effort .

If pushed I'd go for TLJ or RO.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, but what's the down side?

6. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    I agree. As a kid I always thought that the poster and even the first VHS cover of Star Wars was odd and I always assumed that Leia had no shoes (er boots) on because she is clearly barefoot on the front cover. As much as I like the poster I prefer the Drew Struzen cover for ANH.

7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Poster Rankings:
    1. TPM teaser
    2. AOTC teaser
    3. ROTS theatrical
    4. TLJ teaser
    5. TPM theatrical
    6. ROTJ theatrical
    7. ESB theatrical
    8. AOTC theatrical