main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[RANT] Fricking Asda

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by halibut, Aug 30, 2013.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Stupid company have only just decided to take out £150 from my account for shopping done over a month ago! No, we didn't realise it hadn't gone out at the time as we were on holiday and money was going out all over the place but there was plenty to cover it then.

Now there isn't and we are now £150 overdrawn with car insurance, water, and rent coming out in the next week plus kids uniforms and 2 trips to Bristol hospital.

I know legally that have a 6 month window to take money but you'd think they'd take it when you frcicking buy the stuff

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You didn't make a note of the deduction at the time? I'm used to keeping track of balances in checking/savings accounts and note debits when they are made. (I used to work for a bank so it's kinda second nature). That way I know the money is spoken for. Having said that, I haven't had that issue as I food shop at Sainsburys and they normally take the money within a day or two. Why don't you call/email customer services and find out what happened, stressing that it will put you in hardship due to the delay?

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Normally we do, but when you're on holiday with lots of monies going out for different things, it's easy to miss something. In our account, card payments are "held" for 3-4 days before appearing so we have a balance and a lower "available balance". At the time the available balance was a lot lower than the balance as we were using our card all the time for days out etc

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Did you try contacting Asda to find out why it took so long?

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    To be honest, whoever he speaks to at ASDA isn't going to know why there was a delay in payment being taken. It's also within the legal timeframe and they're not going to do anything on that basis either, he may get some sympathy and a couple of quid as an appeasement gesture I would expect.

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, halibut. I hate when companies don't take money at the point when you make it available to them.