main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rate & discuss THE LAST JEDI full trailer

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Oct 9, 2017.

?

I have seen TLJ trailer & hereby declare that it is

1. Outrageously awesome! - 5/5

48.8%
  2. Amazing - 4/5

24.7%
  3. Yeah, pretty good - 3/5

19.0%
  4. Mediocre - 2/5

5.1%
  5. An abomination - 1/5

2.7%
  1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Was killing some time on the internet & noticed the trailer has been released:

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Wow , amazing ^:)^

3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Whoa!

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Rian will deliver. ^:)^

This looks stunning.

bizzbizz, jaqen, Axrendale and 2 others like this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Pretty good. Was much more impressed by TFA theatrical trailer.

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    This is the greatest Star Wars trailer by a country mile. I'm speechless.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    You just happened to notice, literally minutes after it came out?

ZY-Fighter, Wrenegade and DarkEagle like this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Good but not great. Its still a trailer though so i will wait to the movie either way to make final judgement.

Funbox likes this.
  9. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    That's sad that Rian Johnson and the marketing is lying to the Reylos. It's Finn with the Lightsaber all over again.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Looks great!!! PORG!!!

Darthur C. Clarke and nightangel like this.
  11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Looks great. Those wolves are something.

Rey Palpatine confirmed!

12. anabanana_kenobi

anabanana_kenobi Jedi Knight

May 16, 2016
    I thought it was very clunky and comic bookish. It reminds me of the prequels - I have a bad feeling about this movie.

entourage and Luke02 like this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Finally willing to admit it. The Porg hype is real.

14. SithCollections

SithCollections Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    Disappointed. Luke looks like a scared old man. He was kinda pathetic and its not sitting well with me right now. And whats up with that zipper looking thing on kylos cheek

15. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    This was an awesome Trailer. Best one since the original for TFA.^:)^

16. DarkCree

DarkCree Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2000
    I think you get out of it what you put into it. Ryan Johnson said it was spoilerish. I naturally wanted to see it and now I am reading all kinds of things into the movie that I think I thought I saw in the trailer. Was that Anakin at the beginning? It looks like Luke doesn't want to train Rey and she confronts Snoke and then maybe joins Kylo. Do Porgs taste better Barbecued or fried? I need answers.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow. Absolutely amazing!

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Need to keep in mind the standard misdirection in trailers such as this. Characters may not be speaking to who you think they are, or about who you think. Kylo may not be about to fire at Leia, or holding his hand out to Rey. I generally believe that whatever a SW trailer wants us to think, something different will come to pass.

20. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I'm goddamned flabbergasted by what I've seen if it really suggests that the story is going in the direction the trailer makes it seem. Major freaking props to the team for taking what looks to be major risks.

21. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    This all looks incredible. I can't wait to see the full film in two months' time!

Axrendale and TX-20 like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The best bit in the trailer is when Kylo Ren is conflicted about firing on that ship because it is named after Admiral Raddus.

23. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I loved the shot from above with Kylo and the marching stormtroopers- reminds me of Anakin marching on the Jedi temple shot.

24. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I just saw it and liked it a lot.

To me it looks like Snoke was talking about Rey the entire time and that Luke is scared of her. The ending makes it look like she joins the dark side, but trailers lie all the time, so who knows. But if Luke is terrified of her and wants nothing to do with her she might not have any other choice.
    It also looks like Luke and Leia have a scene together and that Kylo blows Leia up. But the blowing up part was probably misdirection.

25. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Very cool touch with the music and sound in this one. First are the Imperial March notes after the Lucasfilm logo, and then Rey's swings with the saber are synced with the beats (triple meter).

Idril and Mostly Handless like this.
  26. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Rey is wearing her Resistance outfit not her Jedi training outfit in her last shot. Look at the collar.

Wildcatbarry, EHT, Strongbow and 5 others like this.
  27. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    Early takeaways:

1) Snoke looks ALOT better this time around.

2) Yay! Phasma actually gets to do something. Hooray!

3) This trailer really made me feel like the "Rey is Anakin reincarnated theory" has credence to it. The quick moment with Snoke makes me think SOMETHING big is going to be revealed there regarding Rey.

4) And finally, the Rey/Ren shippers are going to lose their freaking minds now, huh? lol.

kalzeth, jaqen, bizzbizz and 3 others like this.
  28. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
  29. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    That last set of scenes with Ren and Rey are in two different places. Her voice has an echo to it like she is inside and he is definitely outside with burning debris.

Funbox, afrojedi, Darkslayer and 5 others like this.
  30. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    Double Post: Sorry about that.

31. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999

I can only answer the last one. I have a friend who is a rare game hunter, he travels the galaxy for wealthy (and unscrupulous) individuals looking for these types of rare critters. Dirty dirty job but the pay is great. Anyway, his clients said Porgs are great barbecued but that because of the slightly gamey nature of the meat you're best with some spicy BBQ sauce or at least something more "zesty." Just the regular sweet BBQ sauce doesn't flavor as well with the meat. I mean, I'm sure it depends on the person, but that's what he's heard. :p

32. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    All the Soap Operas setup and ready to launch.
    Will he? Will she? All over the place.

33. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    He was all out of Superman Ban-Aids.

Mostly Handless and Ridley Solo like this.
  34. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    A bit disappointed we didn't any shots of the new chacters Rose/Holdo/DJ but it was a solid trailer.

35. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think Kylo really will try to kill Leia. But someone will probably stop him. Maybe Luke?

And I think Rey Palpatine is a thing now.

The Exogorth and Eeyore freak like this.
  36. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    It's everything I expected. Not in the best way but...It was fine. There really wasn't anything interesting actually, especially the Falcon chase sequence. Not even Snoke, Typical Rey stuff or the ambiguous "character might go dark" end. When I see the movie, I will know.

However, nothing has truly changed.

If I'm being honest...The first TFA trailer was one of my favorite SW trailers(shocking I know). I dunno...Doesn't feel like the main characters are writing proper focus. Reminds me of how ESB was. Luke was the main focus and got the most development while the rest feel more so like subplots. Eh..I guess judgement day can and will come..

37. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    What does Luke say? It sounds like "I've seen this raw strain only once before..."

lawton likes this.
  38. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Very, very intriguing. Loved it.

39. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    Is Snoke just holding Rey above the ground there with pure force power? That is what it looks like.

It makes you think Snoke is talking to Rey at the beginning but I wonder if that part is actually said to Kylo.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  40. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Love that trailer whether it is misdirecting us or not. Film looks great. Reylo confirmed lol? Finn duel looked rad. Rey using Shatterpoint? Damn this film looks great.

Saddest part was that Porg lol.

41. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Finn is not holding a lightsaber. If you look closely, he's holding a control baton like FN-2199 "Traitor" did in TFA.

[​IMG]

42. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Was surprised to see Snoke but not Praetorian Guards, kind of happy that they will be a surprise. Snoke looks great, and I'm loving the TIE Silencer - might be my favorite vehicle since Maul's Sith Infiltrator. And, yes, I'm so happy that Phasma will be an active participant in this one. Looks like the First Order will "Strike Back" in this one. Gonna be a great Christmas, I requested off that Friday this morning lol.

43. Is ok
    I was not very surprised but looks better than TFA

Funbox likes this.
  44. lawton

May 12, 2015

Strength I think

45. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Raw strength. Seriously doubt he was referring to Kylo. Has to be Palpatine, Vader, Snoke or the Rancor.

46. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  47. Idril

Idril Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2016

Someone mentioned that on another thread and I was skeptical, but I've done a 360-degree turn. I agree: I can see it. I think there's a compelling argument that Snoke is talking to Rey. Especially combined with that "Fulfill your destiny" bit at the end. What *is* Rey's destiny though?

Baron_Papanerd and Wildcatbarry like this.
  48. lawton

May 12, 2015
    Looks like Snoke is the real deal with how he is controlling Rey there.

49. DarkCree

Nov 12, 2000
    It looked to me after viewing it again, that Snoke might not be talking to Rey as I first thought and Rey is probably not talking to Kylo. And I be damned if that isn't Anakin in some kind of flashback at the beginning. It looks like Anakin from behind...that's what Padme said! BAM!

50. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yep Luke and Porgs rule. I cannot believe that Luke will be shown the whole movie down and on his knees. It must be for some drama. :)

51. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Sounded like "raw strength" to me.

BB-8 My Homework likes this.
  52. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I took it to mean Kylo. Luke wasn't around to see any of the others when they were young and had raw untrained power.

53. Idril

Idril Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2016

Someone mentioned that on another thread and I was skeptical, but I've done a 360-degree turn. I agree: I can see it. I think there's a compelling argument that Snoke is talking to Rey. Especially combined with that "Fulfill your destiny" bit at the end. What *is* Rey's destiny though?

lawton likes this.
  54. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Outstanding. It makes me feel bad for my beloved Rey though;
    Luke seems afraid of her, Kylo wants to teach her, and it seems possible that in her confusion she may be open to the idea if Luke is rejecting her. Snoke is positively salivating over her, someone seemingly more powerful than Kylo.
    I'm really worried about my favorite character. Amazing, thought provoking trailer though.

55. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Thanks to those who replied, I'm listening to it in bed on iPad with the sound down so as not to wake the wife and kids lol (it's 4am here)

rorow1 likes this.
  56. lawton

May 12, 2015
    Yep pretty sure Snoke has Rey suspended in the air. Not sure still on the talking part as I think the last part is for Rey but the first part could be either Kylo or Rey.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  57. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    this was pure amazing already loved the force awakens and this looks like to top everything. rian took an interesting character in kylo that JJ, and kasdin created and looks to be fully fleshing him out.

58. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Enjoyed it. I too a bit disappointed we didn't see the new characters. The cinematography looks great. Definitely different, but I'm excited.

59. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017

Raw strength' I think - Then "it didn't scare me enough before"

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  60. listrie

listrie Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2017
    Wow wow wow! I just got to see the trailer and it was awesome! I wasn't sure about the movie based on the rumors I heard, but this really looks like something new and amazing while still feeling like the STAR WARS! The ships and visuals are real, they're alive, and wow the performances look great too... Luke has changed, though, what is going on? And Rey, and Kylo Ren... Woah, this blew up my expectations into hyperdrive and beyond the galaxy, I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait,....

whostheBossk and Ricardo Funes like this.
  61. DarkCree

Nov 12, 2000
    Maybe that is Kylo at the beginning...younger Kylo. I don't know, it looks like Anakin to me. Wasn't Hayden rumored to make a cameo or something? Oh well. I guess we can speculate until December about WTF is going on in this flick

62. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Fantastic trailer, between that & the teaser I need nothing else. Yes it looks like Kylo is going to kill Leia & Rey is going to turn but as Luke says this is not going to go the way you think, there are undoubtedly a lot of misdirects. Personally I think Kylo is becoming disenchanted with Snoke, Rey will do the same with Luke and they join forces to take a middle path.

Can we fast forward to December please?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  63. listrie

listrie Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2017
    Wow wow wow! I just got to see the trailer and it was awesome! I wasn't sure about the movie based on the rumors I heard, but this really looks like something new and amazing while still feeling like the STAR WARS! The ships and visuals are real, they're alive, and wow the performances look great too... Luke has changed, though, what is going on? And Rey, and Kylo Ren... Woah, this blew up my expectations into hyperdrive and beyond the galaxy, I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait,....

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  64. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Enjoyed it. I too a bit disappointed we didn't see the new characters. The cinematography looks great. Definitely different, but I'm excited.

65. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    I thought it was amazing

TX-20 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  66. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This trailer is even more epic that the official TFA trailer. It was not supposed to be possible, but TLJ trailer is even better.

So many plot twists in the trailer... imagine the whole movie.

Can I travel in time to December, please?

rorow1 likes this.