main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Rate "Solo" on 1 to 10 scale in this Poll & Also Rank It Among All the Star Wars films

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Nerdling, May 24, 2018.

?

On a 1 to 10 scale, how would you rate "Solo: A Star Wars Story"?

1. 10 -- phenomenal!

20 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. 9

64 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. 8

140 vote(s)
    33.8%
  4. 7

95 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. 6

47 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. 5

20 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. 4

9 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. 3

6 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. 2

6 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 1 -- abysmal :(

7 vote(s)
    1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I've been here long enough to know you are a hardcore PT fan... You even have a TPM AV. I assume you heard about Darth Maul being in this film before it came out...? Do you really expect us to believe you didn't see this film at the cinemas/haven't seen this film the whole way through since? [face_thinking] Actually, I don't even care... One thing I won't do anymore is try and convince other fans how they should love the films I love. I think the PT has the worst acting/cgi/characters/locations etc etc etc of all the SW films and there is no way you would ever be able to convince me otherwise...so why bother. :cool: Personal preference and all that.

*I will concede that the Darth Maul scene leaked so maybe you just saw it that way assuming you even care about him as a character*

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    So you don't believe me because I like the prequels? Very weird. I like the OT as well if that helps.

3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Bruh, you're seriously trying to tell people that they've seen a movie they actually haven't seen. That's completely ridiculous.

V-2 likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. It’s definitely really strange for a Star Wars fan to decide not to watch a Star Wars movie, but if they say they haven’t watched it, there’s no point in disputing it. You have to accept that they didn’t watch it.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    V-2 likes this.
  5. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    So I finally watched Solo. I give it a 6, though I may be leaning more towards a 5. Admittedly I can think of more things I disliked about it than things I liked.

It's got some good SW atmosphere going for it, but it just doesn't really... do much. From the start the film wants you to go along with things and be invested without doing the work necessary to really sell it.

And yeah, lame humor; not a very interesting story or characters (I couldn't stand L3); low-energy acting, and some stuff that's just really weird or out of place, and some of that same annoying, overly-modern Marvel vibe as the ST...

Overall, not as bad as TLJ, I wouldn't mind watching Solo again, but unfortunately it does feel like a generic sci-fi action flick trying to be more cool and charming than it is. Maybe it was going for a Guardians of the Galaxy feel, but I didn't care for GotG either, so... oh well.

V-2 likes this.
  6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I listed some the things I dislike as a fairly detailed reason for not wanting to watch this again, and we (including you and I) have already had fairly detailed discussions about this movie, so we can agree it's not the start of a conversation.

Conversation does not demand compromise or consensus to the satisfaction of all concerned to qualify as conversation. Some people have different opinions about a movie, and, because you are not a movie, that should not leave you feeling insulted.

You jumped from zero straight to Saudi brainwashing! Gosh golly Gee Willikers there are some things I choose not to say about that.

I've never made it all the way through GotG without quitting or falling asleep. Definitely not my cup of tea. There's definitely a Marvel tempo to parts of Solo. It's a film made by committee (to the extreme of having the creative team fired halfway through), so it's trying to pull you in all kinds of directions from one scene to the next.

Oh and how did you find the visual tone of the film? Did it suffer from dark murkiness?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Since it's only being used correctly less than half the time, we feel this thread has run it's course. Locking.

TCF-1138 and PymParticles like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.