main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rate The Six George Lucas Films, Favorite to Least Favorite (poll added)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by kenobifan1999, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Which is your favourite Star Wars film?

1. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

26 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Episode II: Attack of the Clones

22 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

147 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope

75 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

245 vote(s)
    40.5%
  6. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

90 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013

Simon Pegg, is that you?

Deliveranze likes this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Uh..........maybe *Runs back to the prequel thread to sway others opinions of me and make them hate me to convert them to the dark side of the force.

3. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Nobody cares what you think is the "correct" way to think, now move along....

Deliveranze and BoromirsFan like this.
  4. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Be nice.

(It's hard to tell whether something is sarcasm/joshing on the internet - I'm just being proactive.)

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    1. "Attack of the Clones"
    2. "The Empire Strikes Back"
    3. "Revenge of the Sith"
    4. "The Phantom Menace"
    5. "A New Hope"
    6. "Return of the Jedi"

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Thanks for the defense:) Some people have no taste :p

7. W. Derrik Wright

W. Derrik Wright Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2015
    1. Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith
    2. Star Wars: Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope
    4. Star Wars: Episode II- Attack of the Clones
    5. Star Wars: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi
    6. Star Wars: Episode I- The Phantom Menace

8. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    1 Ep V
    2 Ep IV
    3 Ep III
    4 Ep II
    5 Ep I
    6 Ep VI

At least Ep I dared to be different. Ok, it failed miserably, but Ep VI imo, was a very lazy way to end the saga, which is why I'm elated for Ep VII!!

9. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Really? It's topped by both TPM and ROTS, if TFA isn't able to top ESB, then it will be 4th at best

Also:

1.) The Phantom Menace
    2.) Revenge of the Sith
    3.) The Empire Strikes Back
    4.) Attack of the Clones
    5.) A New Hope
    6.) Return of the Jedi

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It's called his opinion JLS. It's different from yours.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  11. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    I know ;)

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    ESB>ANH>ROTJ>ROTS>TPM>AOTC
    1. Generic answer but I can't help it, a near perfect movie that really turned star from a fun space adventure to a grand epic. It hard not to love this movie.

2. The simplest movie, but thats where its strength lies, good vs evil, rebels vs empire,save the princess, the heroes journey, the wise old sage. the rogue whos a nice a guy deep down, all classics, and even tropes, but that was the point and its executed so damn well its hard not to love it.

3. Weakest or the originals, I hate the damn Ewoks and a lot of individual elements like the DS II felt off. It makes up for it in others ways the, the skiff battle, speeder bike chase is great. The battle of Endor is probably my favorite space battle in the series. The final battle between Luke, Vader and the emperor is the highlight and my favorite part of the whole saga. I don't want to sequel bash too hard but the 30 or so seconds when Luke snaps it more powerful than all the fight choreography and crazy sets of the prequel duels.

4. Many people like this film but I just find it alright, it was some great moments here and there but it was just either boring or totally over the top action most of the time. ROTJ although the next weakest never makes me bored for too long. Many of the problems that this film has can be blamed on the previous two but it still makes so mistakes on its own. Like the duel between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan. It has potential but goes on for way to long and so insane it takes you ought of the conflict between two brothers and instead becomes two super hero like characters dancing.

5. The flaws of these movie have been discussed to death. Don't think I can say anything about it.

6. Worst for me. I think it really poorly handled the clone wars, the Jedi, Obi-Wan, and most importantly Anakin.

Sarge likes this.
  13. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Okay, after thinking a lot, I will give my revised most favourite to least favourite Star Wars movie list before the released of TFA after having watched each movie recently after many years. The previous list was dated since I haven't watched any movie for years: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ite-poll-added.50020703/page-34#post-52402798

Revised list:

1. Revenge of the Sith - It sill remains one of my favourites. Even if Empire is a better made movie than Sith, this chapter still remains a pivotal one in the saga and its story. The tone, the themes and the story are darker in Sith than Empire.

2. The Empire Strikes Back - It's also one of my favourites along with Sith and A New Hope. I even happen to prefer Empire over Sith sometimes due to its quality. But Sith manages to provide a more enriching and ambitious story than Empire.

3. A New Hope - An undeniable classic.One of my favourites also. This movie holds a charm that none of the other Star Wars movies have. In terms of artistry, the makers behind this movie really did a good job. But Empire is still a better-made movie than this one.

4. Attack of the Clones - This might be controversial. But after having not watched this movie for a long time, I liked it more than the first time I've watched it when I was teenager 10 years ago and it used to be my least favourite Star Wars movie ever. Maybe it's because, as I'm now in my mid-twenties I've become more understandable and I used to find romance in movies to be boring before. But artistically and visually, this movie is still beautifully made I think if you let aside some of the problems with some of the dialogue and acting with Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, but they are not as catastrophic as people tend to think. This movie still manages to be very entertaining.

5. Return of the Jedi - The reason why I place Episode II above Episode VI is because I found Jedi to be a little bit too kid-friendly (with some weird scenes in Jabba Palace and Tatooine) and the effects in it don't hold up very well when compared to the other two originals. But I like it very much because of its conclusion, since I love happy endings in movies in general, and it is still an important and pivotal chapter in the Star Wars saga.

6. The Phantom Menace - It certainly is the weakest of the entire saga mainly because of its slow pace and too goofy moments. But I still appreciate this movie since it has some kind of warmth in it and also some kind of charm. But the critics against this movie are grotesquely exaggerated. I think that its a fine regular movie.

The new ranking I give to each of the movie which has been revised in my previous reviews: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...after-many-years-thoughts-and-views.50033269/

The ranking doesn't not correspond to my favourite movie list. It depends more on the quality, the importance of the plot and how well-made the movie has been made.

1. The Empire Strikes Back: 9.5/10
    2. Revenge of the Sith: 9/10
    3. A New Hope: 8.5/10
    4. Return of the Jedi: 8/10
    5. Attack of the Clones: 7.5/10 or 8/10 (maybe I was too severe in my revised ranking in the reviews)
    6. The Phantom Menace: 7/10 (It's not a bad movie. It's only an average one).

14. Blake Starstrider

Blake Starstrider Jedi Master star 2

Apr 19, 2015
    Just finished watching ESB in preparation for Thursday, and I forgot how incredibly good the movie is. It is a true cinematic masterpiece and is one of the best films of all time in my opinion. I love ANH, but ESB is still leaps and bounds beyond it. So in light of this, and the new movie coming out on Thursday here are my final rankings before adding TFA to the list

Cinematic Masterpiece
    1. The Empire Strikes Back

Classic
    2. A New Hope

Great (but flawed)
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi

Entertaining
    5. The Phantom Menace

Bad
    6. Attack of the Clones

Darth__Lobot and Colwyn Ren like this.
  15. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'll be the first to introduce TFA into the mix:

1. A New Hope :vader:
    2. The Empire Strikes Back :boba:
    3. Return of the Jedi :emperor:
    4. Revenge of the Sith :anakin:
    5. The Phantom Menace :qui:
    6. Attack of the Clones :clone:
    7. The Force Awakens :kylo:

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There will be a separate thread to rank all seven films once TFA is officially released. Please use this thread for the Lucas Saga only. I'll edit the title to reflect that.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  17. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Will it be in the Saga forum? (also, I really like your HP sig :))

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks, and yes, it will be.

DBPirate likes this.
  19. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    1. A New Hope:
    Such a fantastic film all around. I love the world building aspects.

2. Empire Strikes Back:
    An absolute masterpiece, but I favor a New Hope simply because we get to see the trio together more. I miss the interaction between the characters.

3. Return of the Jedi:
    I don't care for the special edition version of this film. If I'm using that, it'd be fourth place. I love a lot about this one though. It doesn't quite hit an emotional high for me simply because on re-watches, there is no tension. Everyone is fine at the end.

4. The Phantom Menace:
    I re-watched this today, and honestly I really like the film. The acting and writing isn't perfect, but I love what it's trying to do. The political aspects really interested me, and had it been done better, could have been Game of thrones Esque. Plus, duel of fates, and the duel itself, are masterful.

5. Revenge of the Sith:
    I personally don't love this one as much as everyone else, simply because I think it's just to bloated. It's really all three prequels in one film. While I enjoy TPM, that film does practically nothing for the trilogy, and Clones barely moves things along. Sith could be viewed in a vacuum, and that would be fine for the saga. Ewan Mcgregor is perfection.

6. Attack of the Clones:
    I don't even like putting this one on my list personally. It fails in just about every regard. Jango is cool, but that's all it really does right. Anakin and Padme are horrible, their romance is pathetic, and their relationship makes no sense.

Clone Wars and RotS are all the prequels ya really need, but I like Phantom... A lot... Just saying, lol.

Sarge likes this.
  20. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I never noticed that fancy glow your name has Anakinfansince1983! Looks cool.

Anyways, my rankings:

1) ROTS
    2) TESB
    3) ROTJ
    4)TPM
    5) AOTC
    6) ANH

I love the original film. But I've seen it's formula copied so many times in other inferior films that I'm kind of sick of the premise. Perhaps it's blasphemy but ANH just bores me now.

Deliveranze likes this.
  21. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    When will this thread be up?

22. Jedispy77

Jedispy77 Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2015
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones

Sarge likes this.
  23. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    Mine is purely favorites/sentimental Value (My favorites are always the third installments)
    1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. The Empire Strikes Back
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. A New Hope
    6. Attack Of The Clones

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  24. Colwyn Ren

Colwyn Ren Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    2. A New Hope
    3. The Force Awakens
    4. Return to Lothal
    5. Spark of Rebellion
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. Revenge Of The Sith
    8. Battle For Endor
    9. Holiday Special
    10. The Pirates and the Prince
    11. The Phantom Menace
    12.Treasure of the Hidden Planet
    13. The Haunted Village
    14. Caravan Of Courage
    15. Tales from the Endor Woods
    16. Attack Of The Clones.
    17. The Clone Wars

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  25. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    After re-watching the films a few more time, here is my new order:

ROTS
    TESB
    ROTJ
    ANH
    TPM
    ATOC

I think my old order had ROTS/TESB tied at first, and I know RTOJ and ANH were switched in order in my older list.

Thanks again, Alienware, for keeping a running tabulation of these results! A great service to the SW community!

SW Saga Fan, Alienware and -Jedi Joe- like this.