main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rate The Six George Lucas Films, Favorite to Least Favorite (poll added)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by kenobifan1999, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Which is your favourite Star Wars film?

1. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

26 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Episode II: Attack of the Clones

22 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

147 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope

75 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

245 vote(s)
    40.5%
  6. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

90 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Gocha!

Deliveranze likes this.
  2. Broda

Broda Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2016
    1. III
    2. V
    3. I
    4. II
    5. VI
    6. IV

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  4. AppleCrumble122

AppleCrumble122 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2016
    1) Empire Strikes Back
    2) Return of the Jedi
    3) A New Hope/Revenge of the Sith

4) Phantom Menace

5) Attack of the Clones

5. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003

You know I find it really stupid when people use large spaces to emphasize their dislike for a particular movie, just rank the movies 1-6

6. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I think years from now people will say that Lucas' Ep. 3 will go down as his magnum opus. The last few minutes of that movie with NO LINES, was the best in the saga.

The DS under construction. Bail and Breha holding baby Leia. Owen & Beru holding baby Luke looking at the twin suns........it hard not to tear up.

Darth Roivas and Alienware like this.
  7. Darth Roivas

Darth Roivas Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2016
    ANH/TPM
    ROTS
    AOTC
    ROTJ
    TESB

I saw Star Wars in '77 when I was a couple of months short or 11 years old but I really loved TPM, and all the prequels. They were a different kind of story told in a different way and they let me feel young at heart again and revisit a happier time without being self consciously nostalgic. Also gave me a lot of toys to collect [face_laugh] . As for quality, I'd rate ROTS first, otherwise my list would be the same.

8. Rock-N-Roll Jedi

Rock-N-Roll Jedi Jedi Knight

Feb 29, 2016
    TESB
    ANH
    ROTJ
    ROTS
    AOTC
    TPM

The prequels are far, far below the original trilogy in terms of enjoyment for me

9. astronaut23

astronaut23 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith

I love all 6 Saga films. Its hard to actually put them in any kind of order…lol. I do like the PT better than the OT except Revenge of the Sith. ROTS is well made movie but its just too damn dark for me to be entertained by it.

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Man this question is too hard and I just feel weird having to rank any above the other or below. They all tell a story and are altogether one big story, so to hate a chapter feels wrong IMO. But if I HAD to rank them in which I'd watch more than the others, it's go:

Revenge Of The Sith
    Attack Of The Clones/The Force Awakens
    Return Of The Jedi
    The Phantom Menace/A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back

Revenge of the Sith is just so amazing, and is my favorite movie of all time in general. It's just a roller coaster of emotions from start to finish.

11. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    1.) ANH:
    I can never get tired of watching this. The story, the characters, the music, and just everything is perfect. I particularly love the interactions between the 3 main characters. They have such a wonderful chemistry with each other. The story is also simple, yet very engaging.
    2.) TESB:
    Great sequel. Every character felt relevant, and the story was compelling. I like how the universe expanded and we learned more about the Force. I think this one also felt the most "magical" and that's probably due to Yoda. I'd rank it slightly below ANH though because Luke is separated from the other characters and I had really enjoyed the trio's dynamic in the previous movie. I also loved the ending revelation and how it basically changed everything we thought we knew. As a kid, I would always avoid watching this one because it was the scariest, especially the duel at the end with Vader.
    3.) ROTJ:
    It was a satisfying conclusion but I do have a few issues with it. I didn't like how Han's character no longer seemed to develop further. I also thought that the movie's pace came to a screeching halt when they got on Endor. Everything just slowed down during that sequence. It also didn't seem fitting that for the final chapter (at the time), there was a giant chunk of the movie where our main characters were just running around in the woods. Also, I didn't enjoy the interactions between Luke, Han, and Leia like I did in the previous movies. I think this largely has to do with the fact that Luke matured as a character and so we could no longer have the same type of relationship between him and Han. The Han and Leia relationship also didn't progress much either (other than Han briefly being jealous of Luke). As for the positives, there were many! The opening rescue of Han was exciting and it was satisfying to see Luke's maturation as both a person and a Jedi. I also loved the Luke-Vader storyline; I think it was the most powerful part of the movie. The Emperor is also an excellent character and is probably the best villain in the entire saga. I also liked how we got a better idea of the backstory via Obi-wan's narration (even though it was exposition). And finally, even though I'm more of an OOT fan, I really like the Victory Celebration ending from the SE; it gives the ending a happy-yet-bittersweet feeling.
    4.) ROTS:
    I enjoy this movie. It has a lot of really great moments. The opening sequence was exciting and engaging. I also liked the relationship between Obi-wan and Anakin here; Anakin was way more likable here than in the previous movie. I also think Obi-wan is at his best here character-wise. In terms of villains, Palpatine is again a fantastic villain and is somebody that I love to hate. The story is good here and the entire last sequence is gripping. I especially enjoyed the Yoda-Sidious fight, and "Duel of the Fates" fit with it since it really epitomized the eternal struggle between good and evil. My biggest gripe with the movie though is Anakin's turn. I think that there was too much emphasis placed on the Padme reason and not enough on other reasons. And while that does provide reasoning for his short-term actions (helping to kill Mace, murdering Younglings, murdering all the Separatists) it doesn't do too much for his long-term reasoning for staying with the dark side. I wish the movie had placed more emphasis on Anakin's desire for power other than wanting the power to save Padme. But overall, I do enjoy this movie and that's because it has an interesting story and interesting characters doing interesting things.
    5.) TPM:
    I like this movie and I think it gets too much flack from the public. It was great to see things that had only been talked about in the OT like: the Jedi in their prime, the Old Republic, Obi-wan, and Anakin, to name a few. I also thought the character of Qui-gon was very strong. He has strong opinions and is passionate about certain things to the point of being stubborn. This humanized his character and made him more interesting than the average Jedi. His relationship with Obi-wan was also endearing and their disagreement was relatable to the kind of argument you might have with a family member. I also enjoyed the sense of mystery that was set up about the Sith. I'm ranking the movie lower on the list though because I found that it didn't have enough interesting characters with fully realized arcs. Qui-gon was great, but I found the others to be a little lacking. Like if I could connect with Padme's character more, I'd probably be more invested in her mission to take back her planet. Obi-wan was cool, but he seemed more like a side character in this one. I don't have strong feelings about kid Anakin; he seems like a caring kid but his character doesn't seem to have too much to do in this one.
    6.) AOTC:
    I'm ranking this one last because I felt that it had quite a few boring parts and also because I thought Anakin was too unlikable. After the Coruscant chase, I wasn't really too engaged with the story. There was a lot of Obi-wan going from place to place and uncovering new things, but I just didn't find it all that interesting, especially the Dexter Jettster & library scenes. I did, however, find Anakin's search for his mother to be very engaging. In terms of the story, I didn't like the lack of clear bad guys. I mean, I know the Separatists were supposed to be bad but they didn't really do anything evil to make me truly root against them. Contrast that to the Trade Federation from TPM; the Trade Federation invaded and captured the people of an entire planet! By the ending sequence in TPM, I was engaged and wanted the good guys to prevail. But in this movie, I'm kind of indifferent towards the Separatists. I'm also indifferent towards our main villain, Count Dooku, since he's not seen doing too many evil things. Maybe the movie was going for a more "gray area" type of approach regarding the heroes and villains, but it just didn't keep me too interested. Regarding the characters, the main problem I had was that Anakin was too unlikable (for me). And it was the entitled whining that he did that really made me not like him. Sure Luke whined as well, but his whining always seemed endearing to me. And although Luke whined about wanting a better future, he never struck me as someone who felt that he deserved better because he was special. He also never talked about his father figure (Uncle Owen) disrespectfully. As for the romance, I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I do really enjoy John Williams' "Across the Stars" though. It's probably my favorite track from the prequels.

12. banthatracks74

banthatracks74 Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2013
    1. A New Hope - 10/10
    2. The Empire Strikes Back - 10/10
    3. Return of the Jedi - 9/10
    4. Attack of the Clones - 8.5/10
    5. The Phantom Menace - 8/10
    6. Revenge of the Sith - 7.5/10

13. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    It's ironic to me that i AOTC is in dead last. Not because it doesn't belong there, BECAUSE IT DOES. But it's ironic because I love the AOTC soundtrack.

seventhbeacon and Huttese 101 like this.
  14. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Best to okay:

1.) RotS
    2.) RotJ
    3.) TESB
    4.) ANH
    5.) TPM
    6.) AotC
    7.) TFA

Huttese 101 likes this.
  15. Darth Tropius

Darth Tropius Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2016
    My list looks like this:

1. ROTJ
    2. ROTS
    3. ESB
    4. ANH
    5. AOTC
    6. TPM

Nothing can match the epicness of two closing movies of their respective trilogies in my opinion.

Huttese 101, -Jedi Joe- and Alienware like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    In terms of enjoyment

Most replay value to least:

ROTS
    TPM
    AOTC/ESB
    ROTJ
    ANH
    TFA

17. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    There's another poll on a french Star Wars facebook page regarding the first 6 Star Wars movie: https://www.facebook.com/RejoinsLeCoteObscur.OnADesCookies/?fref=nf

Here's how people had to vote by selecting the button like for each favorite episode:

[​IMG]

Two or three hours later, the results are the following:

[​IMG]

Revenge of the Sith is number 1 comfortably ahead of Empire ! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

18. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    SW Saga Fan: Thanks for linking this poll! That's a totally awesome and original way of voting. :)

-Jedi Joe- and SW Saga Fan like this.
  19. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    1. ESB
    2. ROTJ
    3. ANH
    4. ROTS
    5. TFA
    6. AOTC
    7. TPM

20. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Wrong thread. This one's for 1 to 6.

21. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016

Sorry, I'm new here.

22. Jayceon

Jayceon Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2016
    IMO

ROTS
    TPM
    AOTC
    ESB
    ROTJ
    ANH

This is probably because I grew up watching the prequels and I believe they are very good movies. I also love the original trilogy but the prequels just have a special place in my heart.

23. Lukers

Lukers Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    Near perfect tier:
    ESB

Great tier:
    ANH

Good tier:
    ROTS
    ROTJ

Flawed but decent tier:
    TPM

Bad tier:
    AOTC

Huttese 101 and theMaestro like this.
  24. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003

Bad tier, good tier?!?!?!

anakinfan edit: No need to insult people.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  25. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I like your way of grouping the films as, sometimes, it can be impossible to put one film over another when they are just so close. Personally, I would have ANH up in the near perfect tier but other than that, I feel pretty similarly.