main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC RE: any other high schoolers, if you care about your education...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm no longer a high school student, but I strongly disagree with the idea. Students should be able to cram as much academics into grade 12 as possible.

As for provincials in grade 10... waste of time and money.

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I was just wondering, what are your provincials exactly? In Ontario we just had standardized testing in Gr. 3, 6, 9. I don't know what's going on now because they changed the system.

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    In BC, we start final exams in grade 8. They're created by the individual schools, and are worth 20% of the overall grade. Provincial exams (provincials) are only done in grade 12. They are created by the provincial government and are worth 40% of the overall grade.

4. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Run fast and far people. If this is anything like what happened in the ontario schools you guys are about to get shafted. My sister had to go through the new system and there has been no end to the problems. She is so worried about not getting into college she is ready to drop out rather then cope with the rejection.

Though protesting didn't seem to work. all it did was waste MY time and Education.

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    From what I hear, there's an exodus to Alberta, so it sounds like they're doing just that. I was smart. I went to Ontario. :p

6. Elly_Nuruodo

Elly_Nuruodo Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    I hate this new system, cause the PE 12 thing is gonna start (if all goes as they want) in my grad year, which means I'll have to drop Acting in Grade 12...and I'm one of those serious Theatre people who's head'll explode if they are forced to drop Acting...it makes me angry, because Acting is my one slack class...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.