main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: C3 Guest List

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by karloff3, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brosendale

brosendale Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    Cynthia

Do you sell that picture of the the little girl with the Leia hair?

My wife and I are having our first daughter in May and I would love to have this picture in her room.

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Hi Cynthia. You should do a self portrat cause you certainly are a pretty lady. :)

Looked at your work on your site. Really loved "Padme's Sorrow."

3. aries6

aries6 LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    Hey everyone, thanks for all your cool comments!
    -Cynthia

4. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Is it free to have pictures taken with any of the autograph guests? Even if there are some I don't plan on actually getting autographs from?

5. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    Yay!!! Micheal Stackpole is coming!!!! Shannon McRandle (1A) - Mara Jade *gasps* YAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!! Wait, I can't go to C3!!! *curses in several different languages* ~gabs

6. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    HanSolosGal, I feel your pain sister. If he came I would most likely be arrested for stalking or something of the sort. I was born a year after ESB came out so I didn't get to see ROTJ in theaters cuz of my stupid anti-sw parents. God, why isn't Carrie coming? God! WHy am I not coming!!!!??? ~gabs..the...complainer....

7. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    > Is it free to have pictures taken with any of the autograph guests? Even if there are some I don't plan on actually getting autographs from?

Not sure about getting pics with people you don't get autographs from, but there was a policy last year where you COULDN'T get a picture taken with anybody. However, by Saturday or so, most people had abandoned that rule and let people take pics with them - I got my picture with Michael Sheard and Ken Colley.

Some actors have/had personal preferences not to take pictures with people (Julian Glover did, IIRC).

And I'd say that if someone had a huge line, they'll stick to that "no pics" rule. If someone's pretty much all alone they'll probably be more than happy. :)

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Revised the guest list a bit, sorted and what not. Added links to the artist's websites, where I could find them, so you can check their stuff out. Removed Barrie Holland as I don't recall why he was added, and I can't find anything on him currently.

9. Sean_Walsh

Jan 2, 2002
    Over on the ROTS spoilers-side board, a Del Rey publicist lists authors who'll be at Celebration:

- Matthew Woodring Stover
    - J. W. Rinzler
    - Karen Traviss
    - Aaron Allston
    - Troy Denning
    - Timothy Zahn

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks! Updated the original post

11. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey, how come the tickets aren't listed for the authors...they are signing autographs, right? I have a friend who desperately desperately wants a Tim Zahn autograph and I've promised to get her one, I hope I will be able to!

12. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Connemara posted: Hey, how come the tickets aren't listed for the authors

If it works like it did at C2 then you will not need tickets. There will be several signing times probably announced in the program schedule and listed at the publisher's table. Just line up with your book and have it signed. There was no charge at C2 and you could even bring your own books. That being said, I guess we'll need to make sure that's how it will work for C3.

13. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Per Chris Trevas at the Rebelscum forums, I added Steve Anderson & Tsuneo Sanda to the artist section.

Artists & Authors aren't part of the Official Pix area, so while most will probably autograph things for free, it's up to each individual and/or the company sponsoring their booth. I know the artists will be selling items or will be available for doing sketches and what not there on the spot at varying prices, etc. No coupons for any of those folks.

14. BC_Eagles_67

BC_Eagles_67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I know nothings free but it sure is nice that some people will scribble their name in a book for close to nothing... it's a shame MORE people don't do that! ;)

15. GA_Jedi

GA_Jedi Jedi Master

Mar 25, 2005
    Did I miss it, or do I not see Bob Salvatore's name in the authors list? That is a shame. His version of Episode II has to be one of the best SW books ever. And his fantasy works are great too. He was at CII, and was a real friendly. As with almost all of the other authors I ran into at CII, he would sign anything as long as you were willing to stand in his line! Great fellow.

GAJedi

16. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    TIMOTHY ZAHN'S GOING? YES!

17. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Here is the link to the art show thread....
    C3 Art Show

TIMOTHY ZAHN'S GOING? YES!

:eek:*Everyone grabs The Thrawn Trilogy and puts it in their suitcase.....

18. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Timothy Zahn was at a BARNES & NOBLE near Indianapolis on 02-04-2004 doing a signing and talk. My Wife and I attended. I bought me a hard cover copy of STAR WARS SURVIVOR'S QUEST and he personally signed it. I brought my Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade action figures and my STAR WARS HEIR TO THE EMPIRE Micro Machines set and he personally signed them and I got my picture taken with him and I filmed his talk session and my wife filmed him signing my items and if I remember correctly a picture of those of us in attendance along with Mr. Zahn made it in an issue of STAR WARS INSIDER. (Which I have.) :) :cool:

I asked him if he would be at STAR WARS CELEBRATION III. It looks like he will be. :) :cool:

19. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
  20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Per the OS, added:

John Knoll - ILM Visual Effects Supervisor
    Roger Guyett - ILM Visual Effects Supervisor

21. aries6

aries6 LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    Hi Darth Madness, I'll be doing sketchbook sketches so stop on by! I just finished a new 'little Leia" painting for those of you that are fans of her.
    cynthiacummens.com
    Hey, happy spring everyone!
    Cynthia

22. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    OMG I LOVE YOU! Lol, srry, I LOVE YOU LITTLE LEIA PIC, adorraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaable, lol.

jade_saber8000: Yes, you can have Harrison, but HAn Solo is MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!! lol But At least you were alive then! I am with the generation obsessed with Ashton Kutcher and Olando Bloom! And HArrison Fod is Old enough to be my grandpa now! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :( lol

23. Sean_Walsh

Jan 2, 2002
    I'm gonna assume, with the show almost 2 weeks away and no new names in a while now, there are no more SW saga guests to announce...?

24. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Ryan Church, Iain McCaig, and Robert E. Barnes are now confirmed.

25. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Updated, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.