main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Re-canonizing Labyrinth of Evil!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by QuiWanKenJin, Jan 12, 2021.

1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    Thinking back to this really good James Luceno novel, I realized that this novel may be reconcilable with the new canon if you just cut off the invasion of Coruscant. It's been so long since I read it, that I went back to skim through it, and it occured to me; that doesn't the invasion of Coruscant begin at the bottom paragraph on page 265? Assume that you stop there, and also assume that Skywalker and Kenobi defeated the droids in the previous scene but a couldn't find anymore clues about Sidious; wouldn't that basically fix it? :D

2. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    And then, do you think this is something that could've taken place between season 6 and 7 of the animated series, while Ahsoka was out of the picture?

3. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    Sinrebirth! Where are you?! Please, make it so!

4. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I loved this novel.

We got Obiwan High in shrooms at the begining.

The dynamic jedi duo bar hopping.

And Anakin brough down a building with a scream.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Labyrinth of Evil starts with the fact that Yoda doesn’t know who Tyranus is, so you do have to assume various scenes need to take place simultaneously, and extend the pursuit of Darth Sidious.

A degree of season six thus takes place during LoE, accordingly. The Battle of Coruscant taking place over a week in Order 66 gives space for a fair amount.

It’s down to personal choice as to whether season 7’s battle or Tythe or Nevlaan is precisely pre-RotS, etc. The week between the start of the battle, and then Anakin & Kenobi being called a week later, gives us some freedom. Anakin could even have decided to head to Coruscant and then even ordered to stay.

6. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    Just to pitch in and help out some more, there is a canon edit of the Clone Wars micro series on youtube. In which the "Mission to Nelvaan" and "Battle of Coruscant" have been separated. Happening at different times.

LOE had to have taken place before season 6's "The Lost One." However if we assume that the Battle of Coruscant started this early and lasted this long, it looks like that would cause discrepancies. There are some Ahsoka episodes in season 7, that make it hard to believe that Coruscant is under siege at that time. :(

Is it easier to just ignore that part of the novel?

cwustudent likes this.
  7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    the book is probably one of the best written that leads into a movie. The information in the book on the different types of clones, the exposition of the opening salvo of the battle of corescaunt, along with General Grevious and his machinations are hard to beat. This was an amazing tie in to the Clone Wars Volume 2 micro series. I still count it part of the canon and when you really take a serious look at it, it really was a descriptive book. Luceno takes the time to mention different pieces of equipment by name....sphat for example. In the new clone wars, there hardly used at all, but in the LOE they are used. I could go on and on.

AusStig, cthugha and Alpha-Red like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    is about to object

he cannot

Yeah, it is the best of the film tie-in's.

Cloak of Deception is pretty good.

Xammer and vong333 like this.
  9. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    @Sinrebirth

That's Obiwan and Qui-gon pre TPM, correct.?

The one where they try to protect the TF delegation to conference held on Eraidu(Tarkins home world) from terrorists and the entire thing is a plot by Sidious allow for the commercial entities like to Trade Federation, techno unionx and commerce guild to build there droid armies while at the same tome weakening Valourum.

Its been a long time since I read that one.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Iron_lord and anakincol like this.
  11. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Wow,

Surprised I remember the gist of the story

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I recently found those! Brilliant edits!

13. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    It's more or less what made be excited about the sequel trilogy in 2012-2014, thought we would get Labyrinth-grade prologues to each of them. Along with a novel like Dark Lord to serve as an epilogue. Turns out life doesn't work that way.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    mtt02263 likes this.