main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    My understanding was that at C2 they were passing out the laynards to people like beads at Mardi Gras. They didn't make enough plus when people asked if their kids could have one, there were many dues paying members that went home without a laynard. Then again I heard the "members only section" was nothing to write home about.

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, I am definitely going to all four days. ;)

Now, to find some decently priced housing there... hmmm... :D

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Cool! :cool: Look forward to seeing ya! So is the rest of the family coming too?

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    It's doubtful. Jess will be student interning (teaching) during that semester and Hayden will be going through "potty-training". The last thing I need is that at a Star Wars convention! [face_laugh]

I think I might have my brother-in-law talked into going too. :evil grin: ;)

5. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    starwars.com has just reveled the logo for C3 along with a few more titbits like "improved fan club benifits" and an exclusive C3 fig.

check it out here
    C3

6. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    that was cool thanks

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    here it is:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/04/img/20040407_bg.jpg]

Also, they included a list of the types of things & events we can expect at Celebration III:

* Stars from the casts of all six Star Wars films.
    * Magic-makers from the film crews.
    * Special sneak peaks into the future of Star Wars.
    * Treasures from the Lucasfilm archives - props and costumes and more.
    * A variety of unique Star Wars entertainment brought together under one roof.
    * More fan events, more fan creations, and more fan involvement than ever before.
    * New Celebration III merchandise including an exclusive action figure available nowhere else.
    * Improved Fan Club benefits - for members from all over the world

8. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Do you think the reason that you can't join the Fan Club right now is related to the dates of Celebration? If know one can join until late April/early May, all the new members will have their membership continue through Celebration. Wouldn't you hate to have them say, "You're membership expired on April 20, you can't go to this."?

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who put off renewing to see if there would be hyperspace/insider memberships and managed to miss by one day, the cut off for renewing Fan Club membership.

9. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Same here...had to buy the latest Insider from the newsstand.

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Mine just expired too. :( This was the FIRST time since 1996 that I haven't gotten a notice to renew my subscription. I hope Piazo realizes how many long term subscribers that they are going to lose because they aren't following up with subscribers' subscriptions. They better get the ball rolling ASAP and definitely before taking reservations for Celebration III or there are going to be A LOT of disappointed fans who won't be able to purchase fan club lanyards because Piazo dropped the ball. I hope it hurts them financially if they drag their feet on this through the summer.

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I just realized that a year from YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW & THROUGH THE WEEKEND, many of us will be in Indianapolis for Celebration III! :D

363 days & counting :)

12. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "K3PO sent in the following:
    "just wanted to drop a quick note to say that hotels in the Indianapolis area are starting to accept reservations for the event next April. I was just able to reserve 5 days at the Embassy Suites across the way from the RCA dome."

Isn't this the same guy who said that he knew from a credible source that CIII was going to be held in Denver ?[face_plain] :

Jun 06, 03 - K3po gives us the inside track on another possible Celebration location:
    Someone who is in the know told us that Denver has received a bid to host the next celebration in 2005. Here's hoping from a Denver native!
    :eek:

Please don't jump the gun guys. Wait for the Official Site to announce reservation blocks at the end of the summer. The Fan Club already blocked these rooms before they even made the announcement that CIII would be in Indy again. The same scenario happened for CII. The hotels were booked solid as soon as they made the announcement of Indy and people started to panic. And as soon as Wizards start taking reservations months later, there were plenty of hotels immediately adjacent to the RCA dome for CII at cheaper rates through Wizards vs what you would pay on your own. Let these impatient fans get theirs now & pay higher prices. "Patience. You will know, when you are calm, at peace, passive." :)

13. DAWGVADER

DAWGVADER Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    How far is it to CIII, drive time?

14. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    About 5 hours (depending upon road construction).

15. Killgies

Killgies Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    I'm going to CIII. I wouldn't miss it for the world! I've never been to any type of starwars/comic convention. I have a few questions.

1.Are there going to be independent vendors with tables there selling the merchindise? ( I assume they are, kinda like a flea market style) or is everything going to be offical vendors?

2. How much money should i set aside for the convention? How much did you guys spend last year?

3. Anyone buying hotel rooms in bulk to get a cheaper price? if so i would like in.

4. Can someone from last years CII email me some pics, where i will know roughly what to expect?

Thanks

Grand Admiral Killgies

16. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    1)There will be a dealers room, which will be like the 'flea market' and one 'official' C3 store in a seperate room where all the exclusive goodies will be.

2)Personally I spent about $600 on C2

3)the convention deal should be annouced soon. There may be a other deals to be had too. Stay tuned to find out. Plus get is with some other people to split the room.

4)Come to one of our events. Someone always has a photo album. I'll bring mine too. I am now working on my 2nd Star Wars Only album.

If ya dont cruise the web alot, just check in here. We always post info for each other. Just check out the the new on the Ep3 title and SW DVDs.

17. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Have we heard anything about when tickets go on sale?
    I know they said " the end of the summer" but I don't have hyperspace or a subscription to the insider, if anyone has info please post!

18. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i think i read somewhere in the threads that they go on sale mid-september

19. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Its on the SWCelebration website

"Badge & hotel registration will begin sometime in September. Stay tuned for more information.
    "

20. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Ok, now we are officially in September...put those tickets on sale! :)

21. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Mary Franklin from Lucasfilm confirmed that at Dragon*Con. We're guessing around the same day as the OT DVD release (Sept. 21).

22. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Reservations are not being taken yet but but we can still plan.
    I need a 'solo-flyer' to share a room with me, Catherine, and my brother.
    I plan on staying at one of the con hotels.
    Who's in?

23. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Yep, Mary said "mid-September" and we know how Lucasfilm likes to hit us with several things at once, so I'd say the tickets will go on sale the same day as the DVDs.

[face_money_eyes] [face_money_eyes] [face_money_eyes] [face_money_eyes] [face_money_eyes]

24. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    I read a report over at Reblescum.com that says verdor passes for C3 will be $90 for pre-reg and $110 at the event.
    Vendor passes and regular passes cost the same at C2. So looks like it will be $90 for a 4-day pass.

25. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Will the Fan Force have a presence at C3 as volunteers, con workers or just as tourists?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.