main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Forest of the Sith: Social Thread v3.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ChrisHanel, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    And just cause I can: First reply. Bwa ha ha.

-Chris

2. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    Second reply ;)

Topic:
    Does someone really need to move out to L.A. to bcome a film maker? Does it at least make things easier? Pros/Cons?

3. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    I've been in Los Angeles now for over 3 months, and the experience i've received living here and actively pursuing filmmaking is unlike any i could get anywhere else. The people you will meet and network with are unique to this area, and there are TONS. Chad and I have played "Spot the Filmmaker" when we go out to eat. It's just that ridiculous.

There's pros and cons to it. Do you *need* to come out here? Probably not. I still reccomend it though, though don't look to me as a success story, i've still really only JUST walked into town.

4. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    I wasn't on the first page of the first thread because I wasn't registered yet.

I wasn't on the first page of the second thread because I was on the road driving to Canada to see my grandparents.

Now, finally, I'm on the first page of the third thread. This excites me greatly.

I have no teh life.

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ummm... I'm in Fig's bunker.

*cough*sabatoge*cough*

6. neo2004

neo2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2004
    aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

lord of the rings rules

hi every one

7. neo2004

neo2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2004
    is it true that all, i mean ALL strom troopers in ATOC were CG

8. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    "Forest of the Sith"...I get it. ;)

9. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    I'm sure they were real when they had their helmets off.

Did "Midichlorians" piss anyone else off? I thought it was a stupid way to explain the force, just my opinion.

--Jamball

10. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Clever title, I bet you had been planning that for ages :D

I think you were right, I never read the social thread before as it was on page 4 gagillion or something.

Star Wars - Yaaaaaay :D

Midichlorians, immaculate conception - kinda took the religious connotations a bit too close to christianity. I always preferred the religious/spiritual aspect to be more ambiguous.

Well at least there is going to be no crucifixion scene *cough*Neo*cough*

11. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, being from the UK, going to LA is a much more daunting concept. Not having a work visa for starters, being limited in how long you can stay. I mean, it's hard enough, but when you can't work for a living whilst doing all the networking etc, it would be particularly tough.

Unfortunately, the "film" industry in the UK is a joke at the moment. With the Pound being so strong at the moment, I'd be better off investing in US ventures than trying to run one over here. Imagine for every £100 I spend, that's $179 in the US. That's why throwing $500, or $1000, at a project in the US doesn't feel so bad for me.

The problem with the UK is that during the small, and I mean "small", resurgence in the British Film world during the early 90s, the unions, PACT, BECTU, Equity, etc, all stabilised their prices based on that new level of input. What we face now are prices that are too far out of the range of small time film makers, and prices that are too expensive when compared to Australia or the US for the big film industries, simply because our currency is so strong against the rest of the world.

Any other UK film makers understand where I'm coming from?

12. Noobie_Wan_Kenobi

Noobie_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2004
  13. Azionite

Azionite Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2002

He He.. We haven't seen Ep III yet... But here's hoping...

14. DeadEyesSmiling

DeadEyesSmiling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    I personally plan to go out to L.A. to get a start in my filmmaking career. I understand that I don't have to go out there to have a career in film, but I want to go out there because that is where the industy is. I'll be out there in Jan 05 with a semester long program my school provides, I can't wait. Maybe we can hook up and have lunch Chris ;).

-DeadEyesSmiling

15. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    Re: The Tron costume... I've always wanted to do one, and now i REALLY want to, just cause i know i could do better than that with the a modest amount of cash and LOTS of el-wire. Oh well, make that #476 on the "I need money for...." list.

-Chris

16. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    If that Tron dork shaved that dumb looking mustache, that alone would move him up a whopping five rungs on the coolness ladder.

Hey, it seems to me that people who don't have icons tend to not be noticed as much as those with icons. Or maybe I just never have anything good to say. Just a thought.

17. Jeremy_West

Jeremy_West Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2003
    It seems to me that Commander Tron will need to do alot more than lose the mustache to move up the cool ladder. AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE PROFILE PICTURES OF YOU IN A BODY SUIT!

That is all.

Hey- look at that! Somebody responded to your post! There goes your theory. :)

18. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Just remember, we fat people enjoy costuming too. Just because we don't have the figures of an Adonis doesn't mean we can't show them off.

//paints slogan

"We are fat, we are proud, we show our stomachs to the crowd!"

:p

19. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    I went to LA for a few days and loved it. I can't get enough of how big the city is.

Mind you, I live on a farm 30 miles outside of Pittsburgh.

20. Jeremy_West

Jeremy_West Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2003
    In the immortal words of Spinal Tap, "The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin, or so they say..."

21. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Clever title, I bet you had been planning that for ages

Actually, I had been planning it for ages, and finally Chris promised me he'd make it the title of the next one. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

22. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    My brother lives out in Wilmington NC and does work on the sets and films there. He says it is easier to get work there than in LA. I guess for some of you die-hards it might be worth a try.

Just my 2 cents.

-Joey

23. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I've seen some concept art; I wouldn't count on this.

Anyway, I've been here for four years and this is most definitely my first time on the first page of a social thread..... Yay!

-Paul

(I still think it's totally cool that his fiancée knew about and watched R2-D2: Beneath the Dome before I did.)

24. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Question: I´ve read in a movie magazine today that they used Terragen for the wide shots in "The day after tomorrow". Does anybody know if this is true? I can´t believe that the pros use a program like this.

25. John2460

John2460 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.