main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Re-reading Your Work

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I was digging through a drawer and stumbled across a story I'd written in a notebook during high school. A lot of it was cringe-worthy and over-dramatic ... but I found that I actually still like the basic plot! I've decided to re-write it with the idea of possibly posting it one day.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Rereading anything from before I started writing Stargate (when my writing began to really show signs of improvement) makes me want to punch past-Sky-Guy in the face and tell him to not write that :p

Really need to go back and rewrite these things, buuuutttt...I'm already close to overload with my current projects. Its a quandary, what can I say :p

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Every now and then, I'll dig out some old idea I had back in the Cringe Era and revitalize it. Though, then it becomes a love-hate relationship. I may have liked my revamp at the time, but when I look upon it later, I facepalm and ask myself why, WHY I had to try and salvage something from an era that should be left to rot? It's not as if the revamp was bad, it's just that it reminds me of those cringe fics!

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, that's my problem too. While some of the basic ideas are still good and worth revisiting when I'm not so overloaded, it would be a pain to revive them well enough to satisfy current-me :p

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I try not to reread every single word of an old story, because the tweaking urge gets unbearable. And the time it would take to do that would take away from current projects ... so right now it's skim the old stuff, and full steam ahead on the new.

TrakNar likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I just use my old work for reference and include some in the history for my characters when I am writing new adventures

pronker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.