main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Don't spread rumors, guys. Only Zahn and the Del Rey folks really know what's going on. Zahn has a lot of other projects he's writing. Maybe he just doesn't WANT to do NJO.

I think there are a couple Thrawn lists at yahoogroups in existance--Calli, Tam, InsaneChiss, which one actually has a living, breathing moderator at the moment?

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    None of them that I know of.

I posted this in the Thrawnfans egroup, but I also want this thread to remain on topic too.

Who here strongly believes the Nuriuan is the planet
    Thrawn was exiled to?

Here are the facts that I have gathered:

Planet of Exile:
    Located Near Imperial border.
    Discovered by smuggler Booster Terrik and Imperial Captain Voss Parck.
    Discovered nearly 50 years ago prior to HoT.
    Located in the Unknown Regions.

Nuriuan:
    Located near Imperial border.
    Discovered nearly 50 years ago prior to HoT.
    Has not been visited since then.
    Thrawn establish's his HQ there ten years after he is found by Parck.
    Located in the Unknown Regions.
    Red-Orange sky (this fact is questionable because it could have been
    sunset when Mara discribed the sky)
    Semi-Sentinate winged creatures.
    Second Celestial Body in system.

If anyone else has any specific information on the planet in "Mist
    Encounter" such as , celestial postion, # of moons, sky color,
    terrian, animal and plant life, etc please post it. Thanks.

Oooo, the stars have returned!

3. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    ON TOPIC

I don't know I think indeed that nurian can be Thrawn's planet why? information given above and

Mithraw'nuru'odo see? it's part of his name I think he named the planet nurian nuruodo hmmm... :)

IS there an april fools in GFFA? :D

OFF TOPIC

I come back after 2 days and what do I see? we have to go on topic stars are back farraday is back I told it and it came true. :D

Flying season started!!! great day yesterday..for april but by the time it was my turn the the bells were only +1 m/sec :)

4. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Well the Thrawn EB modarotrs are alive. I should know I'm 1 of them. IC challeneged me to write a story for the group. Hehehehehehe..Thrawn vs. the Wal-Mart Super center. It'll be light and fun.

Hmmmm...about the planet...I always thought it was the 1 he was exiled too. I mean what a perfect time to know your surroundings and to set up a base.

5. ImperialGirl

Feb 10, 2001
    I don't think it's the same planet, because the terrain just didn't seem the same. The exile planet in ME sounded like very dense folliage, almost a jungle, while Niriuan (sp?) sounds rocky, cavernous and fairly barren.

6. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ahhh..

Well I haven't read ME. I was just saying from what I know of the planets.

**definately needs to read ME**

7. ImperialGirl

Feb 10, 2001
    You haven't read ME? If you need a copy, I have it at home and can make one for you...or if you want the whole AJ, I might have a connection if you can't find it at, say, Media Play. (They tend to have old AJ's for sale.)

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I WANT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Thrawn could have been found in the Equator of the planet that was dense with foilage and jungle like, and later set up base in a more suitable place where his sentries can see all around them such as a canyon or barren rock.

9. InasneChiss

InasneChiss Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2000
    meanies not let us haev fun......oh well...

Thrawn might now be too big in the April fools dept, but i know who would be.....*laughs evily and runs off*

10. XCountryJedi

XCountryJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2001
    Let's start with OFF TOPIC:

I was doing my science homework and I found a reference to SW. It said something about matter being at the foot of your feet to a galaxy far, far away.

The stars I saw yesterday and I was going to post, but my computer kicked me offline. Was it a JCC April Fool's Trick? They aren't here now. I had one star!

ON TOPIC:

Talking about uniforms, dirt, and Thrawn, made me think of a really, really good Fan Fic I read. It's called, Dirt.
    Here's the link: http://members.aol.com/LeiaNacer/Chiss/Dirt.htm

Here's the link to the main page with other Thrawn related Fic: http://members.aol.com/LeiaNacer/Chiss/chissfic.htm

Back OFF TOPIC:
    *Jaz throws a roll of TP at someone, then pauses.* Wait a minute! I need that back! *It looks like she's trying to hold back a sneeze, but it doesn't work.* AHHHHHH CHOOOOOOO!!! *Sniffle* By the way, I joined the Yahoo thingie, too. *Jaz obviously has a bad cold.*

Back ON TOPIC:
    I wonder what color Chiss snot is. ,: )

EDIT: Welcome PoT! I'm sure Thrawn planted a lot of ideas into your head. lol 'planted' 'pot', get it? (When someone's sick they need a little humor.)

EDIT 2: Ah! Look who's catching up to us in posts: TO LFL - Stop abusing Han and Leia's Romance! http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1741104&page=53

11. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    Well damn I don't wanna be passed

maybe we should ask if they can move our fanclub to community? :D

ON TOPIC

I agree that the planet could be jungle foliage at the equator and the base somewhere else.

I haven't read ME either in what book is it? tales of the Empire?

12. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Yeah, I haven't read ME yet.
    **is a deprived Thrawnatic Chick**

I have 'Command Decision',but I haven't read it yet. (Don't hit for that Tam ;))

Off-Topic:We went to Tulsa yesterday and got comics, clothes and what not. Loads of fun.

Now there was a reason I said that cause it does relate to the topic.

In Tulsa, * bought a package of the CCG:Reflections II. Before anyone asks I didn't get Thrawn or Corran (and I'm so thankful for that) I did get Pellaeon though. Thought that was cool. :D

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I have the Chimaera!

14. ImperialGirl

Feb 10, 2001
    Does anyone know if ME is in TotE? I don't think it is...it appeared in Adventure Journal #7, and that's the only place I've ever seen it. "Command Decision," AJ's second Thrawn story, is in #11.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    The only Thrawn AJ story that is in a Tales book is "Side Trip" in "Tales of the Empire" Thrawn is mentioned in another AJ story with Corran Horn and Governer Mosh Barris in "Tales of the Empire". Barris complains to Corran, who is desigused, about the "Alien Incident".

ME and CD are only in AJs.

16. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    No no Calli it's ok. Whenever you get around to it.

Well, dispite the fact that I've been getting these terrible headaches from the comp work, when I get home tonight I'll scan ME for you guys and send it to you. Just PM me or email me or something if you want a copy. Bear in mind it takes a while in order for me to do this, my scanner can recognize text but sometimes it acts goofy. Do all of you have Microsoft Word? Or do you want a .txt file as well as a .doc? At least with the .doc file I can get you the illustrations too. :)

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    .doc file is fine with me!

18. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Thank you Tam for ME.

19. XCountryJedi

XCountryJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2001
    ON TOPIC:

Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn.

I think that was on topic. ,: )

20. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    that looks like the second post in the MJFR :D

I really should see if I can find those stories I really should but I've been spending my money more on CD's lately and on some Tolkien books ;)

21. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Your welcome, Calli!

If anyone else wants a copy let me know. Only thing is you'll have to wait a bit because I'm at work. :)

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    <dances with joy> Thank you TAM!!!!!!!!!!!! <hurries to read ME>

Raaaaaaag! The last few sentences are missing!!!!

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Want to know how close the Rebellion came to losing the Battle of Bilbringi?

Go here and read this AU TLC ending. Be sure to read that quote at the beginning or you wont understand.

http://www.fanfiction.net/index.fic?action=story-read&storyid=210973

24. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Whoa... you mean in ME, GAT? Ick... I'll take a look at that tonight!

25. Anison

Anison Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    WAAAAAAAA!!!
    I WANT THE REAL STORY TO END THAT WAY!!!! *sniffle* *sob*

Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn, Thrawn.

THRAWN, BABY!! YOU HEAR ME? THRAWN!!

Yay! an on-topic post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.