main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Reader’s Choice—The Monthly List of Your Favorite Fics | Updates 1st & 3rd Sunday every month

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanficIndex, Jun 12, 2016.

1. FanficIndex

FanficIndex Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—July 2022

BEFORE
    No submissions.

SAGA
    No submissions.

BEYOND—LEGENDS
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha recommends: Black Pawn by @vader_incarnate

During Dark Empire, Mara infiltrates the Byss stronghold and has a fascinating encounter with Luke, fraught with many layers of emotion/attraction, confrontation, and choice. They are each very much in character, and as any good story will is self-contained while leaving you wanting more. ;) =D=

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  2. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! Time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in August 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Sunday, July 31 so that I can post the list on Monday, August 1 (yes, this is slightly different from my usual timing, but otherwise we’d be posting the list about a week into August). As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    Kahara likes this.
  3. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello everyone! We had no recommendations for August, but now is the time to start thinking of the stories you'd like to recommend in September 2022. Please PM them to this sock by Saturday, September 3 so that I can post the list on Sunday, September 4. As always, please see the rules post for details. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Kahara likes this.
  4. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Hi again, everyone! Same deal this month: no recommendations came in for September, but you’re welcome begin suggesting them for October. Please PM your recommendations to this sock by the end of the day on Saturday, October 1 so I can post them Sunday, October 2. Wondering what this is all about and exactly what to do? Check out the rules post. :)

Kahara likes this.
  5. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—October 2022
    WIP MONTH SPECIAL EDITION!

This past September was WIP Month, and this month's edition of Reader's Choice would like to give special recognition to (and recommendation of!) the amazing story goals achieved by WIP Month participants! All the stories listed here are ones on which the authors (a) achieved some goal that they set for themselves before the start of the month—small, medium, or large—and (b) are posted on the boards. Non-SW is included in its own category after the SW eras. Come check out these excellent stories, and join me in giving their authors a round of applause for their excellent work! =D=

[​IMG]
    BEFORE
    Gazing at the Distant Lights by @Kahara

SAGA
    Looking for the Dark by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Swish Zziing Swish Zzing Zzziiiing by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Now You're a Home by @Mira_Jade
    We Have Drabbles by @Raissa Baiard
    Mourning by @vader_incarnate
    On the Creation of Monsters by @vader_incarnate

BEYOND—LEGENDS
    X Marks the Spot by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Two Twins by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Finn Fun by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Reclamation by @Gabri_Jade
    From Such Infinite Space by @Mira_Jade
    Beneath the Gods of the Bright Sky by @ViariSkywalker
    Sacrifice by @ViariSkywalker
    Guardian by @ViariSkywalker
    That Which Is Timeless by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

NSWFF
    Through These Tangled Threads of Light by @amidalachick
    Anticipating Two Milestones by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Keepsake Bouquets by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2023
  6. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—March 2023

BEFORE

Kahara recommends: An Uncertainty in the Force by @OddlySalacious
    This is a really intriguing story that I hope to see more of and would recommend -- genre is a bit hard to describe but perhaps horror/adventure? The premise involves Sith worlds and the potential that curious researchers may have woken up something they shouldn't have -- you know, the circle of life. ;) The subtle and engaging lead-up to whatever disaster awaits is really well-done. As always, Oddly's OC cast is a delight, and there are some names in there that have appeared in other stories.

SAGA
    No submissions.

BEYOND
    No submissions.

And now for something completely different…

Discussion: The Future of Reader’s Choice
    Also, while we’re here, the administrators of the FanficIndex sock are eager to hear your thoughts on the future of this thread. As you can see from our index post, we haven’t had any a real recommendations post since October 2022 (and that one was taken up by the WIP Month Special Edition). Part of it is that since then we’ve come up with various other ways for sharing recommendations and getting the word out about fics we liked—for example, the Reading Challenge.

But there may be more to it, too—and that’s why we’re asking you: is it worth keeping the Reader’s Choice thread around? Is there interest in continuing this kind of recommendation thread, or do other ways work better for us, making it time to retire this thread? So please feel more than free to discuss and add your thoughts right here in the thread—we welcome your input! :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Personally, I often miss the month mark and forget to nominate in time. Maybe having an update every two months would help? I know for me this does fill a niche but I don't make it to submitting stories as often as planned.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  8. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Or maybe expand even more, maybe by season.

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, say, post lists quarterly (or similar) instead of monthly?

10. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Yeah, like a "Favorites of the Year" thread, with Summer favorites, Fall favorites, etc.

Just a thought.

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    That is a good thought, thanks so much! I only wonder if calling it "Favorites" would create confusion with the yearly Fanfic Festival of Favorites, so I would probably still call it "Reader's Choice" or similar. But the quarterly/seasonal approach certainly sounds like it could work.

Would anyone else like to weigh in? :)

12. FanficIndex

Mar 27, 2015
    Reader’s Choice—October 2023
    WIP MONTH SPECIAL EDITION!

This past September was WIP Month, and this month's edition of Reader's Choice would like to give special recognition to (and recommendation of!) the amazing story goals achieved by WIP Month participants! All the stories listed here are ones on which the authors (a) achieved some goal that they set for themselves before the start of the month—small, medium, or large—and (b) are posted on the boards. The stories below are ordered alphabetically by author’s name, and stories under each name are grouped by era (or fandom in the case of non-SW stories). Come check out these excellent stories, and join me in giving their authors a round of applause for their excellent work! =D=

[​IMG]
    By @Chyntuck:
    By @DarthIshtar:
    By @devilinthedetails:
    By @earlybird-obi-wan:
    By @Findswoman:
    By @Gabri_Jade:
    By @JediMaster_Jen:
    By @Mira_Jade:
    By @Pandora:
    By @Raissa Baiard:
    By @ViariSkywalker: