main
side
curve

SWC17 Real Time Updates (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 12, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'd say there's already about 100 lined up for the campout. It's on the rightmost side of the west concourse.

Registration line is now open.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Can you post any pics?

3. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I don't have a smart phone. And I didn't bring my cord to upload from my camera. Sorry. [face_not_talking]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Oh well. Hopefully once some more folks find this thread we'll get some pics.

5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    100????? umm should I head there earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valency Jane likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    So there are bag checks. But it appears once you are screened and get into the campout hall that you should be fine and won't have to do it again unless you leave.

The campout line is in the same area as the main registration hall.

Also, it appears that the campout hall does not have wifi, because when I walked in there right after my last update it disconnected. And then when I walked out, well, here I am.

7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think you'll be ok going at whatever time you were planning. In London last year some people were there early, a lot came in the first few hours (say till around midnight or just after) then it really slowed over night and picked up again about 5am. Anyone who arrived before distribution began at 6am had no problems getting wristbands for any of the panels that I'm aware of.

8. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    FWIW, I'd also urge caution against being unduly influenced by the early birds. I plan to arrive a little before 8pm and I still think that's the smart play.

Bummer about the wifi, though... Is it just wifi or is 4G/LTE cell service affected too?

9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I would say so.

There's always the possibility they may disperse that crowd some time this afternoon.

As for me, I'm planning to check into my hotel, and then come back here. Because I also want to be one of the first to get a wristband so I can go do other things in the morning.

10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Can't tell you about the cell service, but the wifi definitely disconnects once you enter the campout hall.

11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Also, commemorative guides are currently not available. I'm going to grab the free cheap one they give though.

12. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Saw some replies to people asking if the lines will be disbanded before 8. The answer is the lines will not be tolerated and disbanded throughout the day. We shall see

Valency Jane likes this.
  13. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Well one of the guys in line posted this about the time MotivateR5D4 updated us on the line status
    [​IMG]

He claims security confirmed this was where the unofficial line to get in at 8 is

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks - I'm going to add an 'Image heavy' tag to the thread title in case we get a lot of pics.

Valency Jane likes this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I can tell you that was the line prior to the registration hall opening up. Many people who simply wanted to register got in that line thinking that was what it was for. Now that the registration hall opened up, the line for the campout is much more subdued. I'd still say between 75-100 people are there now.

You can also pick up one of the smaller black and white guides from registration just by asking. The commemorative guides apparently didn't ship, and won't be in until tomorrow.

I was able to get checked in early to my hotel. So I guess I'll chill a minute, get ready, and then head down there in a little bit. Even if they disperse the line, all those people are going to do is find the nearest point that they can be at and wait there.

Padme501st likes this.
  16. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Thanks! My friend is still at work so I'm waiting but we might head there an hour earlier than planned. I'm going to shower and stay in AC buildings as much as possible

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm going to go get lunch somewhere and then give it another look on my way back.

Padme501st likes this.
  18. Christie zizo

Christie zizo Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    Hello! I'm new to the site but this will be my third Celebration.

My question is how are people getting from the parking lot behind West Concourse to the front of the building to line up? I'm trying to figure out where to park tomorrow and gauge how much walking i'll have to do that early in the morning, lol.

Boba Tea likes this.
  19. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    I'm going to head over to the OCCC now and scope out parking. I know overnight parking is happening but I'm planning on heading over at 5am. Does anyone know what parking costs are?

20. Christie zizo

Christie zizo Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    I read on the Celebration site it's $15 a day but i'll be surprised if it's really that high. Usually for public events it's cheaper.

21. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I'll be down there around 6 for the vip shopping party. If the line looks huge, I'll try to report.

Padme501st likes this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I just checked up on the line. I'd say there's between 100-150 people there now. There's no big rush at this point. It's not like people are continually adding themselves to the back. Although over the next few hours it will obviously grow.

The guys in front who I talked to earlier said the cops and OCCC security actually came by and told them they were good where they are. That they will only be patrolling the outside until 8, and once that time comes everyone will move inside.

I saw a few commemorative guides, so I guess those are starting to be handed out.

Xinau and Padme501st like this.
  23. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Yeah I heard the same thing about security but someone I know overheard a security conversation over walkies that the line is not honored and will be disbanded prior to 8 or they will let the 8pm people enter first.

I'm just going to chill and wait till closer to the time. If those people get disbanded it won't matter and I wouldn't want to be one of them. The line is slow in growing so I should be fine at the regular time.

The original line post from the first people in line was removed off Facebook which is interesting

24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Celebration stage and Galaxy Stage Queue

25. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    From Reedpop volunteer