main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Real Time Updates (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 12, 2017.

1. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    If you get in line at 8am,it'd be well after 10 likely before getting through security

2. mily2297

mily2297 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2017
    For those who went today. I am going tomorrow at 5 am how long does it take to get into the door and security so that I can get a jedi panel? I know the Jedi panel live is out of the question seeing in this post how many people already are lined up to sleep over but the overflow and other panels I would like to try. Is it 2 hour wait?

3. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Likely a 2 hour wait. I'm estimating there's already about 2500 here. I'd try to get here and in the area ahead of 5Am if you want to be sure to get in

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

so that poster that said a little over 2 hours was correct? as It stands I cant leave any earlier then I am, heck if all I get to do is check out the main floor, and non wristbanded panels, and the store then that would make me one of the happiest star wars fans in the world! just seeing all the cool sights, sounds, and people in cosplay will be enough for me. I am definitely checking out the stage with Andi Gutierrez I here that is a non wrist band thing and the Collector Stage Panels you don't need a wrist band. Any big panels I miss I will watch on youtube when I get home!!!!!!
    Also this is my first depending on how it all goes I might go next time it comes to Orlando? may be next time I will be able to get there at 5 AM ...

5. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I'd give yourself AT LEAST two hours. Could be more but safe to assume two hours.

6. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    If it's similar to today, I got in about an hour after lining up at 5am. They opened additional metal detectors later in the am, so people should process through quicker tomorrow morning. In theory.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I went outside and smoked after getting my wristband (a little before 8 Am) and they were only doing three safety check lines and letting in maybe 4-5 at a time to get into that point from outside. Took me 30 mins or so just to walk through the safety check

8. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Sprinklers just turned on and drenched a good chunk of the crowd

9. mily2297

mily2297 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2017
    wow thank you :)

10. mily2297

mily2297 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2017
    Thank you going with my kids and 5 am is early for them but we will try to make it, we really want the jedi panel

11. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    My wife came through later and said they had additional metal detectors. So people should move through quicker tomorrow morning.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    one poster earlier said he waited on line for two hours only to get in the building and he still wasn't anywhere near the beginning of the line so he left and said he is never going to celebration ever again and he is opting to watch on youtube from now on. This sounds like a nightmare scenario will this be my future?

13. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Not to be rude man but none of us have a crystal ball. We can't tell you every scenario that might happen

14. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    They just posted an update on the website. They're adding two additional entry points that will open at 6am. You'll be directed to the main queue area but you can go to one of the other entrances at 6am to get in. If you want to be let in starting at 5 you'll need to go to the same entrance that was used today.

Honestly, if they can also fix the Galaxy/celebration queue room, then things should be much better tomorrow. The queue room is an easy fix but we'll see if they change anything tomorrow.

15. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Very, very slow moving through security right now for the overnight. Not encouraging

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Two more entrances will be open for 6am tomorrow FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    They literally have two of their metal detectors unmanned right now. Everyone filing into the one or two furthermoat scanners.

What a joke

18. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    This was a disaster. Anyway, when I got through about 10 minutes ago the guard I asked had a count of 1404

19. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Got through security about 10 mins ago and now in the line. Was about 1200th.

What a shambles that is in the security room.

20. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017

I'm 1411, where are you?

I've got the last Jedi teaser shirt with the basic blue lanyard sitting on a plaid sleeping mat.

Also, have to say, this was the most intense line camping I've ever done. Only now have we been able to sit down to eat. I got here around 6pm and (as mentioned above) I'm 1411. I heard though last night that some people closer to the front of the line got pushed back almost 1,000 spaces in the kerfuffle when wristbands started being handed out. Anyone know more about what happened and/or why?

Padme501st likes this.
  21. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Was it 1400 as you were coming in ? Ten minutes ago?

Where'd you get set up? Not creeping just want to be sure I'm solid haha

22. SWFanatic94

SWFanatic94 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 10, 2017
    I'm in the first line of group two and I am number 525

23. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    ^^ Was 1400 when we got in the door about an hour ago.

24. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    I'd like to know how to avoid it too. That would be really unfortunate

25. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah they F'd that up last night. I know people got put in line in front of me last night. I'm pretty Swfanatic94 was in the first 100 or so and got screwed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk