main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Realizing my Heart's Fondest Dream. (DDC 2020)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

Coalitions and alliances amongst the various independent trading organizations came and went, but Karrde was interested in consolidating his group of contacts he could trust. He was an astute judge of character and those who carried out business with honesty and candor were the type he was looking for.

He had met Shirlee Faughn - captain of the Starry Ice - and wanted to make her part of our circle of contacts.

I met her and agreed with his assessment.

Then, my path crossed an old acquaintance, someone who was running an underground market for phony Corusca gems. He was Jouren Ceryss.

He asked me if I wanted to join in the trade or at the very least, let it pass.

I had more than a pang of conscience, to be candid, which I never would have guessed would be my response.

+++

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    phony gems, she shouldn't get into that trade

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

When I told Jouren Ceryss I would not be joining his venture, he gave me a "Your loss," kind of glower, as if he thought I'd be losing out on a lot of adventure and even more credits.

It took me a long time after the death f the Emperor for me to scrabble out a new existence, a new sense of self, and I wasn't about to throw that away.

Karrde's estimation and my own for me apparently weighed heavier than I realized.

What surprised me even more is that I might have accidentally let slip about Mr. Ceryss during a HoloComm chat with Mirax Horn, with whom I kept in touch. I knew her husband Corran still had CorSec contacts, and if she incidentally told him what I told her ...

I am not developing an altruistic tendency, of course not.

+++

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness but so much has been going on for Mara here since the last time I checked in! I've enjoyed catching up more than words can say, and once again have to apologize for falling so far behind in the first place! I have been lurking on far too many fine stories as of late, and it's time to fix that now! [face_dancing] [face_love]

I really liked this bit of insight and self awareness - along with the joy of seeing Kyp! It's wonderful to see all of the potential relationships you are exploring for Mara, and not just with Luke. As much as that is so satisfyingly yummy to read as well. [face_mischief] :*

And speaking of satisfyingly yummy - what a treat of a description! [face_tee_hee] [face_mischief] [face_whistling] [face_love]

Aw! It was wonderful to see Mirax show up and their friendship begin. I had such a grin for reading this part!

Very, very wise! Although, maybe not waiting for as long as Luke and Mara did for things to be in some semblance of calm, of course! [face_laugh] :p But, gentle snark aside, there's definitely something to Mara's POV here, it's an awful tug of war that Leia is fighting between her family and her duty without always winning. Of course Luke is concerned for his sister and her family, in more ways than one! I'm glad he could share that with Mara and confide in her - even as she's thinking about how good it is not to be tied down herself. [face_tee_hee]

That line really stood out to me! Of course she does. [face_love]

Oh of course not! [face_laugh] But, even so, it was gratifying to see Mara make the right decision here. Like she said, she has spent too long freeing and redefining herself not to slip backwards now. She's not going to devote herself to anything not worthy of her attention ever again if she can help it. Just beautiful! [face_love]

Thank you for sharing this lovely story with us! I can't wait to read more! =D= [:D]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Mara is great making the right decision

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Ghent and I regularly shared second or third meal together. I had some knowledge and interest in slicing since I had to know of such things while working as the Emperor's Hand and uncovering hidden cyber trails.

I discussed with him the ins and outs of frustrating tech on backrocket worlds or strategies to offset jamming either intentional or otherwise.

Ghent frequently seemed to be lost in a fog - relishing the intricacies of esoteric codes. I could empathize with that sort of singleminded attention. Of course, my objective was different from his, but the intensity was the same.

When I purchased the Jade's Fire, I let Karrde and crew know I would be freelancing more often. I caught a glimmer of something in Ghent's eyes at that disclosure ... regret, wistfulness?

I must be imagining things ...

+++

AzureAngel2, divapilot and Kahara like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

I was supposed to meet with Mirax for an information exchange, but I got stuck on a backrocket world and caught something viral. They gave me bacta for 3 days.

It was a nasty thing, gave me fever, chills, and auditory hallucinations.

I was late for the meet-up with Mirax, so she contacted Karrde who told her where I was.

Word went from Mirax to Corran and then to Luke.

When I surfaced, I found concerned messages from all of them!

I was surprised Luke had commed, but when I sent a group reply that I was fine, he sent me a reply message full of relieved smiles.

When I expressed my surprise, he said with his unfailing easy manner: "That's what friends do."

+++
    :)

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Mara and her virus and getting 'that' message from Luke after she recovered

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is an impromptu gift for the amazing @divapilot. [face_love] [:D] !!!

I am not a gushy type, anyone who knows me even slightly knows that fact beyond dispute or doubt.
    But when Ghent showed me the five moons of Baroli as they are in rare times in close proximity to one another, in varying phases of waxing and full, in their lovely colors, I came very close to enthusing.

We were visiting his home world because his childhood friend had asked him to attend his joining ceremony.

"It's not something that is highly attended," Ghent explained. "Usually just close friends and family, so it's an honor to be asked."

The joining ceremony itself, and the celebration afterwards, would take place during this rare junction of moons. The experience was moving, simple and eloquent. I found myself wondering and indulging in a very rare moment of speculation. Would I ever find someone that cared enough about me to join their life to mine, to share the highs and lows?

And why, by the Force, did an image of Luke's vibrant blue eyes and infectious grin flash across my mind?

Especially when I knew, stang it, that the Force doesn't do coincidences.

+++

[face_mischief]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    EEEK look at this! Look at this! You are the best!

The beautiful moons of Baroli! I have gotten behind in EVERYTHING and I apologize for not keeping up here. But you did a nice job in having Mara wonder whether some day she might be enjoying a "joining ceremony" of their own. @};-

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Watching moons and getting that image of Luke, that's nice

13. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] Understatement of the year goes to Mara Jade!

And aww, Ghent! That's so sweet of him to invite her; he's really a treasure. And there are no coincidences, because the natural beauty (lovely incorporation of the five moons there!) combined with the significance of the joining ceremony does seem to spark some associations for Mara... :)

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And why, by the Force, did an image of Luke's vibrant blue eyes and infectious grin flash across my mind?

Especially when I knew, stang it, that the Force doesn't do coincidences.

That´s because Luke is your destiny, woman. And you are more stricken of them then you want to admit. ;)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

I was supposed to meet Mirax on Borleias for a quick information exchange. She never showed. That was not like her.

I felt a pang of keen concern. Besides being a reliable contact, she was a good friend, one of the few I could and did unwind with.

I contacted Horn over the holocomm and asked him about Mirax.

A sharp spike of apprehension came through the Force and lit his eyes. "I don't know, Jade. She's ... gone missing."

"What the kark?"

"Is this channel secure?"

"As secure as Ghent can make it." I answered crisply.

Then he told me she'd been kidnapped by the Invid pirates.

I felt my gut clench.

"Let me help," was all I said, and the relief and gratitude that showed in his expression was as tangible as the earlier anxiety had been.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A tense situation for the Horns and her/ I hope she will be able to help

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, no. A missing!

I hope this can be solved soon! [face_praying]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

With help from the Rogues and Iella Antilles who had an undercover agent in the pirate cell, we were able to turn the pirate trap back on the culprits and Mirax and Corran were reunited.

I had helped with my knowledge of infiltration and false codes and my lightsaber also came in handy.

As a beaming, grateful Mirax was squeezed breathless by Corran, I felt an unexpected, unfamiliar pang.

Corran said: "We don't know how to thank you, Jade. Or the Antilles."

"No thanks needed." I answered, trying to sound curt, but I smiled, nonetheless.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Corran and Mirax united with help from Mara; great

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Mara, "the dating assistant" and maker of happy endings. ;)[:D][face_rofl]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

It was only due to my loyalty and business affiliation with Karrde that I agreed to team up with Lando Calrissian and look for a former cohort of Talon's, a Jorj Car'das.

They had been colleagues and Talon was always wary of his resurgence.

We had been conducting the search on and off for several years and finally ran him to ground on a backrocket world.

When I reported this to Karrde, he thanked me and sat on the information for later use.

I was glad that my undercover ruse was over, I must admit.

During our hunt, Lando and I had to pose as a couple. Something he did not mind.

I will not deny he knew some of the better places to take a lady for a "date," but I could have done without his flirting.

A few months after this ended, the Holonet started to buzz with the news that he was taking a lady out exclusively, a Tendra Risant.

This gave me no small bit of relief.

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lando always after the ladies.

23. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Lol! Lando is such a flirt. He can’t help it.

Mara is having such adventures! Pirates, kidnappings, nasty viruses...but she’s a tough one. And all through it, the image of Luke is never far from her mind. [face_love]

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

I got a holocall from the Horns less than a week ago. They were full of excitement over recent finds on Ossus, related to the first (supposed) Jedi temple as well as a group of Force sensitives, the Ysannans.

Corran said, "I need hardly tell you Luke was thrilled!"

"I'll bet," I answered with a smirk. Nothing got Master Skywalker so stirred up as a Jedi-connected discovery.

"You know, Mara," Mirax put in, "Corran's training was always a bit sporadic, but we've been talking and he's decided to commit to honing his abilities."

"Being in CorSec and then a Rogue I didn't think I needed to get 'schooled,'" Corran grinned. "But after that whole mess with the pirates, I guess it wouldn't hurt and might do worlds of good."

I felt an unexpected pang at their words. If anyone's training could be described as sporadic post-Empire, it certainly would be mine! I would have a hard time pinning down a solid reason as to why that was. I guess I just wanted to start over and find a completely different niche.

Mirax's teasing remark pulled me out of my reverie when she said: "Speaking of the Ysannans, there was this very attractive lady, so Kam told us, who couldn't keep her eyes off Luke, not for more than a minute!"

"Smitten with the glam of Jedi/Rebel hero, I guess," I rejoined.

"Whatever the motive, the effect was the same. She hung on his every word and fairly glowed if he so much as spoke to her directly," Corran laughed.

I scowled. "What're you telling me all this for?"

"Only to say he wouldn't have any of it. He was polite all right, but absolutely not interested. Odd wouldn't you say?"

"How should I know?" I asked rhetorically, feeling an inexplicable surge of relief that Luke was unimpressed by sighing fangirls.

__

[face_tee_hee]

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the discussion between Mirax and Mara