main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebel Alliance

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    As far as I could see we don't have a thread on the rebel alliance yet so here it is

Lets discuss!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    There is no "Rebel Alliance" yet in rebels. The Rebel Alliance we know won't form until much closer to ANH. Phoenix Squadron and the fleet is a rebel group but not THE Rebel Alliance. Compared to the Rebel Alliance in the Original Trilogy, they're still a pretty ragtag group.

3. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Funny,I always thought the WERE the "Rebel Alliance" that was in its beginning period (like just getting started) and a little after the events of "SW:The Force Unleashed 1"

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Network and alliance are mutually related and share much the same definition.
    The Loyalist Committee and Rebel Network are precursors to what will be come Alliance to Restore the Republic aka Alliance to Restore Freedom to the Galaxy aka Rebel Alliance aka the Alliance aka Rebellion aka Rebelscum. Cept the so far the leaders who put together the Rebel Network are Tano and Bail, while the Alliance was put together by Bail & Mothma as the Network grew in scope and influence sometime during or after these Lothal Rebels. Not sure what happens to Tano at this point but we're not there yet.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    On Rebels Recon, Pablo states the Rebel Alliance is formed much, much closer to ANH

6. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There will be many groups fighting the Empire before they formally organize. It'll multiple members of the Imperial Senate to begin to turn against the Empire and to support it before it is strong enough to fight.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Yes there is not but this thread can discuss anything about rebel cells and such according to Pablo the Rebellion does not form until a lot closer to ANH.

8. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The Rebels lack unity, much like they did at this point in the old EU. They're a conglomerate of cells funded by the wealthy of the Galaxy that disagree with the Imperial Regime, but they're not an Alliance as of yet. I have a feeling somebody of the Lothal Cell, be it Hera, Kanan, Ahsoka, or somebody, will be the unifying force behind which the Rebel cells unify behind.

Tommytom and darklordoftech like this.
  9. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I think my favorite proto-Rebel cell to date is the one that appeared in "Lords of the Sith" on Ryloth.

10. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    I know one thing...At this point,what the Rebel cells need is a commander or a field leader who is like more of the (Cyclops/90's X-MEN series) type:) who's heroic and knows clever tactics. For those who used to watch that way back, know that he was a REAL heroic leader and the rebels need someone like how he was:D

11. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Well, right now, I like to consider it a "Rebel movement". It's a loose network of multiple rebel cells, each cell representing a single planet and/or entire system. Some of them are "apart" of the network, others are not, similar to how the Lothal rebel cell was previously. The network is led by people like Bail Organa and Ahsoka, but each rebel cell is kind of itself. I feel like the Rebel Alliance hasn't actually been formally created yet, and when it does, it's going to be an actual faction (like in the films), not just a network of multiple cells (which is how it is now). Will we see that happen in the show? Personally, I'd like to see it happen, though I doubt it.

12. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    Well I still believe that these Rebel cells IS the Alliance in its beginning period since a little after "SW The Force Unleashed 1" or maybe not and that this is before that.

13. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Yeah, I mean it's still an alliance, but it's loose. I feel like they eventually formally founded the actual "military resistance alliance", y'know? Right now, nothing is "formal" or "organized" about it.

14. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    Okay guess that's true.The way I've seen it in that new season 2 premiere,they were a little weak at this point right now anyway

15. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Anyone understand why the Ghost crew is using the Rising Phoenix symbol? I thought it was an "Alliance to Restore the Republic" thing and somehow it doesn't seem right that they should be using it already.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably used by thinking it was cool. It has a Mandalorian feel to it, looks modern, while Alliance symbol it looks like McQuarrie adapted the late Roman Imperial shield symbol with a stylized Fleur-de-lis(lily) common to Frankish heraldry which was widely used elsewhere, namely with family crests and associated with heraldry. TFU followed that pattern by making it the family crest of Marek, and having the three points of the lily basically being the three founding members of the Alliance .

17. Hyrum_Solo

Jul 1, 2015
    I just find it hard to believe that the Ghost crew would use a symbol of the Rebel Alliance if they weren't even part of it when they started using it. Or for the Rebel Alliance to borrow a symbol that the Ghost crew was using...eh. They'll have to give the Rising Phoenix symbol more history.

18. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Maybe it is just a general symbol of rebellion against the Empire that the Alliance then adopts as their own.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

One possibility is, this Ghost crew are responsible for a wider spread united and galvanization of the actual eventual Alliance much like Marek was in TFU and so they adopted or inspired from such a symbol. Maybe they all suicide/sacrifice themselves in a Marek sorta way, I don't know. I doubt Filoni and Lucasfilm would make their new creations deadends, especallt as this crew and show is supposed to be geared towards very young kids to introduce them into Disney's Star Wars.

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Minor nitpick: I don't think Ahsoka is a member of the Lothal cell. She's more of a co-ordinator stringing together several cells but keeping herself somewhat at a distance from them... and she may in fact have her own supercell or mini battlegroup independent of the cells she co-ordinates (aka the squad of ships that turned up to rescue the Lothal cell in FAtG).

Other than that thought you're on point.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Lothal Cell though is a part of Asoka's Rebel Network and she was instrumental in guiding Hera the entire time and giving them targets and other assignments and behind making sure Kanan takes a Jedi path and takes a padawan.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As Pablo said, you don't see the formation of the Rebel Alliance until just before ANH. It doesn't exist in this time thread.

23. Hyrum_Solo

Jul 1, 2015
    I remember now...the Rising Phoenix symbol was an earlier symbol for the Old Republic. The Alliance uses it because they want to restore the ideals of the Republic. Why would the Ghost crew use it if their goal was to remove the oppression of the Empire and (as far as explicitly stated) not to restore the Republic?

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Why would the Lothal rebels use a Mandalorian symbol when they're not really fighting for a Mandalorian cause, and when there's only one Mandalroian among them?

Isn't it the Imperial insignia that's similar to the Old Republic one (or the other way around if you take the out-of-universe view)? Anyway, Wookieepedia says that the Rebel insignia is based off Galen Marek's family crest, though I think TFU is non-canon now.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Gee, I dont know, maybe because Sabine is a Mandalorian..