main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebel Alliance

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jun 21, 2015.

1. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    They are trying to incite a revolt which would lead to the self-determination of Lothal. Are you seriously saying that unless they can personally replace the government they are anarchists?

jabberwalkie likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's certainly what Ezra has come to want for his people.

But when you really take a look at it, though the crew works splendidly together as a team, their individual reasons for rebelling are surprisingly diverse:

- Ezra tells Yoda he doesn't want to be afraid. That he wants to protect people. Bridger yearns for a time before the Empire. A time "when things were better on Lothal." He describes the Ghost crew as "Rebels fighting for the people." Ezra encourages the people of Lothal to "Stand up and fight back." To "Stand up together... as one."

I'd say Ezra's plan for Lothal is a localized version of Hera's wider plan for the entire galaxy.

- Ah, Hera. From among the crew of the Ghost, Hera seems to have the grandest vision: She wants to see the entire galaxy freed from the grip of the Empire. An impulse no doubt rooted in her relationship with her father.

Cham eventually came to the realization that it was about more than a "Free Ryloth":

"[Cham] knew it would never end. Ryloth was just another obstacle to the Emperor and his plans. Tomorrow another world would be ground to dust. Then another. The Empire was a machine, and its gears would just keep turning, grinding away at freedom until there was none left in the galaxy.

Someone had to keep fighting against that."

But how to go about it?

I'd say that originally, Hera was fighting the Empire on Lothal, hoping to ignite the flames of Rebellion there. Likely as part of a wider vision put in place by the likes of Cham and Bail Organa.

I say "initially," because of the discovery of that copy of the Empire's "Five Year Plan for Lothal." After coming into possession of this information, Hera and her higher-ups may well have something else in mind for Lothal. A slight redirect in their strategy.

But to the question of "If the Lothal Rebels succeed in driving the Empire from the planet, what then?" My firm hunch is that Hera -- through people like Organa -- does have some kind of plan in place.

We just don't know what it may be.

- Sabine? Well, we don't know exactly what she's fighting for. Frankly, other than wanting to be reassured that she's fighting for "something bigger," we're not really sure what aims Wren has. We know that Mandalore was left in chaos when we last saw it in TCW. And we know that the planet was likely Imperialized (or, at least there's an Imperial Academy there). But not much else. Hopefully we'll get some (badly needed) history on Sabine (and Mandalore), come Season 2.

- We know Zeb certainly has reason to despise the Empire and everything for which it stands. But other than the fact that he seems to just revel in bashing heads, I'm not sure we know why Orrelios fights. I think it's a matter of honor for Zeb.

- Finally, there's Kanan. So far, he's been interested in:

1. Surviving. Not just his survival, but that of the whole family. Which sometimes means Kanan and Co. are unaviodably forced into contact with the Empire.

and

2. Playing Robin Hood: "We take from the rich and give to the poor."

Jarrus seems to view sticking it to the Empire as a bonus "See Zeb? Perfect crime. We steal weapons meant for the Empire and sell them for credits we desperately need to keep this bird flying."

But that's about it.

Now, to be fair, with both the continuing influence of Hera and Kanan's evolving role as Ezra's Master, we have started to see Kanan come around a bit (and I suspect he will eventually fully embrace the cause -- we'll probably even see him die for it).

But as of right now, Jarrus seems pretty sure about it when says he has no desire to join an army and fight in another war.

Honestly, I kind of look at this evolving dynamic between the crew -- the reasons they fight and their hopes for the future -- as one of the more interesting threads in the show.

Hyrum_Solo and thatotherjedi like this.
  3. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I don't think there will be a significant force to form the Rebel Alliance until there is some secret headquarters needed to base all of its operations. Bail and Mon Mothma find some planet to store computers, data, ships, weapons, and supplies needed to spy on the Empire and to make hit and run raids, etc. That will be the first moments of the Rebel Alliance. It might even be on Dantooine.

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    lol it seems like an alliance to me.

5. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015

I am assuming that the term alliance comes from a unity of the Phoenix group, Alderaan's forces, Cham's forces and whoever else. Currently however, these major groups have not allied and have no real military threat against the empire. When they do come together in a similar style to TFU I assume an episode in Rebels will be used to address it probably later.

6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    so basically we are waiting for the Meeting episode that shows Mon Motha, Bail, the guy who greeted Leia after the Deathstar rescue, the bearded man who detailed the Deathstar weakness and the Hoth base leader who Han reported to. Oh yea and Akbar. So just based on what we see in the OT those 6 characters would need to show up in Rebels at some point. How close will Rebels get to episode 4? Thats what im curious about, how close will they get? So far we know Bail, Akbar and Mon Motha, but those other 3 men we really never get to know.

whostheBossk and darklordoftech like this.
  7. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Bearded guy is Jan Dodonna, Hoth guy is General Reiken.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    You really only need Bail, Mothma, and Ackbar. They are the three most iconic people will recognize from the films. I'm not entirely sure that Dodonna is required to be present for the formation. I really don't think you need General Reiken or the guy who greeted Leia after escaping the Death Star who I can't remember the name of.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

But would we really need Ackbar?

We only need Bail and Mothma.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    It would break up the human centric point of the Empire. Also, if he is bringing a fleet of ships (large or small) to the Rebellion to commit to fighting the Empire then yeah I think he needs to be there. Besides that, it would also give the show an opportunity to speak on the topic of equality.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

It would and the more we talk about this the more I want this to be the end of the show.

12. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Thx I knew SOMEONE who know who I was referring to. Its definitely time to give those guys a voice and character. Last night the wife and I watched AOTC, we have been watching a lot of TCW over the past year, seeing Bariss, Plo Koon and Bariss's master in Palpatines office gave her those "hey thats such and such" moment. I always say many new fans can watch Filoniverse Star Wars without seeing the films and it all still makes sense. Dodonna and Reiken had small scenes in the films, but the Filoniverse shows can expand their characters like Plo Koon, Bariss, the conehead Jedi, Dooku, the Librarian Jedi, i dont know all the names unless specific characters are showcased. New characters are great but going deeper with classic backgroud charaters are great as well. Id say the same thing about some of the classic imperial officers we see in the OT.

13. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    I know! I used to think they WERE the rebel alliance that was just getting started but I was wrong:rolleyes:

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would actually like to see the allince form over the next couple seasons. Bring in the Mon Cal fleet, and other rebel groups before ANH.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    I just wonder how its gonna connect to "The Force Unleashed" with STARKILLER and all that when the Rebel Alliance was REALLY formed![face_thinking]

16. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Thankfully that is no longer canon. I don't want to see Starkiller anyways.

17. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    I don't know why it ain't anymore if that IS true!:( That was a TIGHT story of how the Rebel Alliance was founded and made!:_|

18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    TFU1 was a good game but I thought the story really sucked.

TFU2 was an abomination.

La Calavera and Sandtrooper956 like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Then we'd better call the Templars from Dragon Age then. :p

I know how you feel though. Although I did like Juno's character. Regardless I hope we get to see separate factions of the Alliance in Rebels with their own episodes. That would be nice to see.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait. Templars. Juno. Are we talking about Assassin's Creed? :p

But yeah, with the Ryloth Resistance coming into play, we're definitely starting to see more facets of the eventual Alliance.

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    No sorry :p I was referencing Templars from Dragon Age abd Juno from TFU games.

Yep. I wonder if we'll see Onderon too?

22. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    What if they EVER decide to finally make TFU3 for PS4 and XBOX ONE? It could be even better than the last 2!

23. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    When do we start to see the Rebel Alliance get their first base? I imagine that planet with the Losots in unknown space would've worked as a place to hide the whole of the insurgent fleet to begin its first runs against the Empire.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The official Rebel Alliance, according to Pablo, is established just before ANH; it is more than likely Rogue One is when the alliance is actually formed.

25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    That does not mean that there can be a base like Yavin for a rebel cell of starfighters to operate from instead of a ship or fleet of ships.