main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Hearts 2: **Fathers and Sons** - Complete!!! Book 3 News - 06/18!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mira_Terrik, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admila

Admila Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2002
    oh my god....I was out of there for too long!

Fortunately, I took time to enjoy everything I've missed during the last few weeks, and I can say that you didn't disappoint me Mira/Admiral!
    I should add: as you never disappoint me!

the end of this fic'(which sometimes seems to me as more than this; I mean, I could feel things as in real life, whether happiness, sadness, anguish, love, humour... - once I even believed you went through my brain Mira!) is a masterpiece of emotions.

In fact, it recaps all of your talents, because you've got plenty: apart from your imagination, your writing skills, your aptitude to write either romance or action, the fact that you managed to keep us in suspense during all these months, the way you went through the characters as if you were part of them, what impress me all along is your ability to make us feel so many emotions, going from one to an other with such fluidity and reality.

Thank you and CONGRATS.

Vincent, I started reading your first fic' last year as a friend, interested in one of your numerous talents (don't know someone else with so many abilities in so many fields! impressive!), that's to say your talent as a writer. I already knew you were gifted for writing, but what I discovered was more than that; I was reading a story which I found so excellent that I couldn?t believe I knew its author personally! And since that time, I?m reading your stories not only as a friend, but first and foremost as a big fan.
    You really ARE a writer. Please never doubt about it.

2. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I loved this ending. Make sure to let me know when Book three starts.

3. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Ooops, I've been a little negligent to respond to some of you here. [face_blush]

Prophet: You always have the nicest things to say. Thankies so much. I think I'll forever think of F&S as the story written by the "Baron's Tagteam" - as you put it. It's been a joy to read your comments ... Sometimes I thought you could see right into our minds! Again, thanks my friend, for the support and friendship during the last year. :)

Lelila: The wrong team wrote Refugee? It should have been Mira and Admiral Heehee, I'm guessing you weren't too impressed with "Refugee" either? [face_mischief]

SoL: Thanks, Bodyguard o' mine! 8-} I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're one of many who have stuck with me since "Interlude". I only hope that the final instalment can be as entertaining as these last two. And thanks for the uppers! 8-}

Admila: [face_blush] Thank you for such kind words. Your responses are always heartfelt and full of energy. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the finale of the F&S. I have to admit that even while writing, I was subject to those same emotions as our readers and I found myself laughing at the funny parts, letting loose a few tears at the sad parts and getting angry too! It's fun to feel those emotions while writing. I had a vision in my head of how I wanted this part of trilogy to play out and - although I've said it before - I never could have "brought it to life" without the Admiral's help. I hope to see you at book 3! :D

Lucid_Lady: Good to see you and thanks! :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

~Mira

4. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Hi everyone!

Yes, you read that header correctly - I need your help!

Rebel Hearts Book 3 is ready to debut and I'm suffering a huge problem. I HAVE NO TITLE!!

That's right, folks. I, Mira_Terrik, have stated before that I stink at titles and this time is no exception. I have been trying to come up with something that jumps out of me, something that captures the essence of the entire trilogy and although I have some good suggestions offered by a dear friend (and also my sister), nothing has made me squeal with glee.

So, I am asking you for your help. Do you have a suggestion for a title? Let me know! I come to you not only because my mind's a blank but because you're the ones who have been with me from the beginning - You know what The Rebel Hearts Trilogy is all about.

I only ask one thing: The title has to encompass all the aspects of the trilogy that has made it such a joy to read. Action. Romance. Drama. The Relationships ... you name it. Keep in mind also that a majority of the characters in the trilogy are Corellian at heart, so that factors into it as well.

You all know what the RHT has been about so I'm counting on you to help me out with this. You can post your suggestions here - it doesn't matter how many you list - OR - you can PM them to me also.

As an incentive for your assistance - and what can also be classified as a bribe - the person who provides the title that captures my interest will have their name on the very first post and will be listed as a contributor ... AND ... will also get a sneak peek at THE VERY FIRST SCENE before it's posted for all to see!!

C'mon .. you know you want to see that all important opening scene, right? Right??? ;) [face_devil]

Alrighty .. the rest is up to you and the moment I have a title, the moment the post goes up!!

Thank you so much for your assistance with this. You guys and gals are the best any author can ask for. :D

~Mira

5. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey Mira. :) I've been keeping up, albeit rather sporadically, and I wanted to extend a huge Congratulations on finishing the second installment. It's a fantastic story, and we'll all be waiting with bated breath to see what comes next.

I noticed your request for a title, and as conceiving of dramatic titles without actually having to do the work of writing anything is one of my favorite activities, I thought I would try my hand at a few. ;)

This is one of my favorite Emerson poems, and it inspired the title, The Hymn of Fire. I know that's a little random and probably irrelevant, but it came to me, so I thought I would put it down. It made me imagine people surviving the fire, like a final sort of crucible, and coming out stronger. Anyway, the section of the poem:

"Far or forgot to me is near;
    Shadow and sunlight are the same;
    The vanished gods to me appear;
    And one to me are shame and fame.
    They reckon ill who leave me out;
    When me they fly, I am the wings;
    I am the doubter and the doubt,
    And I the hymn the Brahmin sings."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Brahma

Inspired by Robert Frost's poem, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, I came up with the title, Starlight and Darkness. I thought about this being the final installment, so the 'darkness' part and the idea of night made me think of an ending, as to a very long day. But there's starlight, so it's a good ending, tranquil and peaceful. Or maybe something like The Tranquil Darkness. I don't know. I'm very obscure when it come to titles. ;)

The Jewel of Eternity. I don't know where that one came from. Love, whether romantic love or platonic, could be considered an eternal jewel, that survives while everything else falls apart.

The Silver Trumpet Sounds, which I know sounds sort of medieval, but also triumphant, like a victory, or a celebration, of peace or love or whatever. Inspired by my man, HWL:
    ?His brow was sad; his eye beneath,
    Flashed like a falchion from its sheath,
    And like a silver clarion rung
    The accents of that unknown tongue,
    Excelsior!"
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Excelsior

Stairway to Paradise, which I thought of because Stairway to Heaven was playing on the radio while I read Paradise Lost this afternoon. [face_laugh] After trials and tribulations, they've come through, reached paradise. Make sense?

Embrace the Shield, inspired by Richard Lovelace's poem, To Lucasta, Going to the Wars. He's apologizing to his girlfriend, because he has to go to war, and the last line is "I could not love thee, Dear, so much/Loved I not honour more." The idea is that he's following his duty, which makes him a better man, thereby making his love for her more real and true. Anyway, :p I thought that this dealt which both the themes of struggling and finding love amidst strife.

Ok, so now I'm going to stop. For real. Am stopping. Or I could go on forever... Actually, maybe I'll think of some more later. :p I know all of these are absolutely vague, so please feel free not to use any of them. But I hope they give you some ideas. ;)

Congrats again on finishing your wonderful fic, and I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

6. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    "The Dawn of Destiny"

'The Darkest Light"

"Breaking Into The Begining"

"More Than Just Chance"

"Destiny Revealed"

"Obliviation"

"Without Reservations"

:D

7. WindmereWellen

WindmereWellen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    Here are a few of my ideas:

"Pride and Honor"

"Edge of Heaven"

"Paradise"

"Cherish the Day"

Can't wait for Book 3!

8. Griffins_Ember

Griffins_Ember Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    My love my life.

Utopia of our Hearts

Elxier of life

Elysium- It means heaven on earth.

I'm already there.

I know not original but what can you do. Theres all i can think of now so BY BYE

BTW- I'm Rogues11JS EVIL TWIN THE BETTER HALF!!!

*Rogue giggles uncontrolably*

STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!

9. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **blinks**

Umm.......................

**whacks head**

It hurts to think. :p

Um.......

I wasn't always that good with titles either......

**blinks**

I feel stupid now. :p

Sorry!

10. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    How about This Ever-Present Light? It's sort of a play on words, I guess. You usually hear it as an ever-present darkness, but light signifies hope.

~Rogue

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Fun! The title?s one of the best things about writing?lots of times I come up with titles that don?t have a story to go with them, then later I develop the story out of the title.

For those of you who have trouble coming up with titles, the best place to find them is the Bible (I kid you not; some of it?s the best poetry ever written; but what can you expect from something God-breathed?). Job, the Psalms, and Isaiah are my favorite.

Enough of my ramblings; here?s my suggestions:

Light Divided (Job) (I really like that one; if you don?t use it, I?ll use it myself. ;) )
    Flames of Darkness
    The Wings of Dawn
    Scattering Night (the other one I really like)
    Echoes of Eternity (kinda cheesy)
    Fire and Rain (James Taylor [face_laugh] )
    Paths of Light, Paths of Darkness

Hope you find what you're looking for, Mira!

12. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    i pmed u mine...

13. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    It's after 3am for me so forgive any incoherent ramblings ... 8-}

First off, I want to thank each and every person who submitted suggestions for the title. I appreciate the time you took to think them up and pass them my way. Alhtough I can only choose one title for the story, you're all winners for helping me out! :D

A lot of your suggestions were great and if you don't mind, I mind keep a few of them in mind ... Afterall, I still have that Jag amnesia story to write too. ;)

A title has been chosen and the winner will be announced at the thread for RH3. You can look for book 3 to begin within the next 24hrs. I'll provide a link to it here and at AtU. To those that PMed me for a reminder, I'll get that to you as well.

Again, thanks so much for your assistance. I've said it once, but it bears repeating - you guys and gals are the best! :D

14. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    BOOK 3 is coming out? OH NO what, I can't remember what happened in book 1, or even book 2.........REWIND, FREEZE FRAME, STOP TAPE....Rhyming recaps are my game, so sit back, relax and enjoy again!

?Interlude?
    Our Trilogy began two books ago, with Interlude you know
    A book about two, full of so much pain, they had no room to grow
    Sent out to scout and look around they found each other instead
    And laid to rest the memories of loved ones long since dead

Wrapped up tight to fight the chill, they lit a fire of their own
    Now we see it?s a roaring blaze, and the flames have surely grown
    Dancing gently, holding tight, eating the soup de jour
    They wrestled with their feelings, and in each other found the cure

Taking to flight they found a way, to return safely back home
    Squirming, wiggling, PLEASE HOLD STILL, for my intentions toward you have grown
    Landing safely with family nearby, they stopped for one last kiss
    In celebration of what they?d found and for far too long had missed!

?Fathers & Sons?
    Book two arrived for us to read, with the Admiral in tow
    To help the storyline expand, so new characters could grow
    The authors worked their magic, and it worked like a charm
    We saw our heroes, bravely fight, to keep their loved ones safe from harm

The Chiss held a meeting, because they were worried about their fleet
    So the Baron set off for the Rebel base, to help turn up the heat
    His arrival brought about, an interesting turn of events
    For the joining of the Fel & Solo clan, he surely must prevent

His arrival brought mixed reactions, and his son was not prepared
    For the goody bag his daddy brought, included were clean underwear
    With comlinks being fried day and night, Veggies couldn?t understand
    Why he should welcome into his home, his sisters stubborn husband

A dinner cooked, the ryshcate still hot, the baron swallowed his brew
    Gave in to Wedge and made a deal, for what else was he to do
    The arrival of a General, brought with it a great surprise
    That even a seasoned actress couldn?t dampen behind her eyes

An entire fleet at her command, two daughters on the loose
    With no knowledge of the reason, she set out to find the truth
    For why would her dear husband, risk his family far from home
    How would she handle the brother, she left behind, all alone

With a son on a Solo mission, the Baron found out the hard way
    To knock before he entered, his own private hanger bay
    Get that Solo off my son, Get your son off of my daughter
    I wouldn?t have to say this Han if she wasn?t like her father!

The tension in the air, was so thick it could be sliced
    Then it got much worse, when Veggies met up with the Baron?s Wife
    So many years gone by, so much stretched between
    What the heck does the word Veggies really mean?!

Syal had landed safely, Inez & Reina not far behind
    We see the softer side of the Baron, and even see he can be kind
    The reunions all were beautiful, and with the women now in charge
    They settled down their husbands who?s ego?s had grown too large

Reina is kind of quiet, Inez is rather bold
    She cannot ever seem to do, what she has been told
    They?ve missed their brother Jagged, and now it?s really fun
    To tease him about his girlfriend and turn the shade of the Corellian sun

Syal and Jaina finally meet, and the Baron is well behaved
    He?s got a plan thats cooking, something that?s been saved
    He gives Jagged a squadron, which is a set up don?t you know
    For during the assembly, we see the Baron?s temper blow

It?s obvious to everyone, that Jag has failed the Baron?s test
    His mistake, has changed his path, but maybe it?s for the best
    His love for Jaina still grows, despite the distance that they keep
    Their parents are much happier, and at night they can now sleep

For their children won?t be dying, without reason and for cause
    If they aren?t wrapped around each other, for that would give them pause
    So now Jagged is off training, and Jaina?s simming too
    Their training both their squadrons, shaping up their crew

Then the dreaded moment, when the si

15. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    SINGSONG VOICE!

ITS COMING
    ITS COMING

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET HERE SOONER LITTLE FIC!!!!!!

:D!

16. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    CHASE, THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!

Del Rey should get you to do the summaries on the back of the book covers :p

17. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Hi Everyone!

First off, I just wanna say Chase, that poetic recap was FANTASTIC! I absolutely loved it and smiled from start to finish! When you told me what you wanted to do, I couldn't wait until this moment to see what that amazing mind of yours had produced. As always, you never disappoint. That was wonderful, my friend! :D

And now the news you've all been waiting for! YAY!! RH3 is finally underway and you can either look for it over at the "Beyond the Saga" forum or follow this handy little link here:

Rebels Hearts Book Three!

Again, thanks to all of you who submitted names for the title. As I said, you're all winners in my book!

See you at Book 3!! :D

18. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    That was Great :) I loved the ending bit between Han and Soontir. :)

19. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
  20. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
  21. Prophets_Otherself

Prophets_Otherself Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    Up. And my work here is done.

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5