main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.13 - Call to Action - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 30, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.13!!
    Call to Action
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on WatchDisneyXD.com.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episode air on Monday on Disney XD. Before that will be streaming. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    When is this going up online?

Staggered scheduling is the bane of my (tv watching) existence.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Things look to be back on a regular weekly schedule. This one should be online this coming Monday.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I thought the TV airing schedule was 2/2, 2/9, and 2/23.....

5. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
  6. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I meant for the rest of the episodes that have been announced thus far. ;)

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't pay attention to schedules. That's what the interns are for. ;)

8. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    I wonder if it'll be on the On Demand channels early again, I hope so, I've become spoiled.

SpecialOpsUnit likes this.
  9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It isn't up yet unfortunately.

I remember it being released Wednesday or Thursday last week. Now that was a nice.

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This episode should be very, very good

11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Any updates on this?

Is it being released next week?

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    According to Wikipedia (admittedly not always the most reliable of sources) it airs Feb 9.

13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Thanks guess they're stretching this out as much as possible since its a short season.

14. Marcus Moore

Marcus Moore Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014
    Airing February 9th means online tomorrow.

15. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I watched it just now on the Watch Disney XD app. Holy crap what a great episode.

Tarkin arrives on Lothal, and the crew in charge there have a lot of failures to perform on account of the Ghost crew to answer for. He immediately demands consequences for said failures, and while giving it to Aresko and Grint over their incompetence, with the Inquisitor looming behind them forbodingly...
    And at the risk of repeating myself, again, holy crap...
    Aresko and Grint, R.I.P. That was cold, well, not for Tarkin, but for anyone else. But this does demonstrate, despite some criticisms to the contrary, this is not an overly childish or "kiddie" show. They are straight up executed suddenly and swiftly for their failures as motivation for Maketh Tua and Agent Kallus.

Our heroes are up to a lot on their own as well, having a plan after Vision of Hope they
    Are made out by Trayvis, now back to publicly supporting the Empire, to be violent insurgents on Lothal, extremists that led him to return to supporting the Empire. The crew decides, to Ezra's hesitation, to take over the Empire's broadcast on Lothal and tell the public of the surrounding systems the truth for once.
    Though the team is successful in their goal, there are more significant consequences for the first time.

Kanan sacrifices himself in a way, surrendering to Kallus, the Inquisitor and Tarkin, taken alive, to allow the rest of the Ghost crew to complete their mission and escape successesfully.

All things considered, I love this show more with each episode.
    They all provide character and plot development, though sometimes with subtlety.

As the season and presumably series progresses the bigger picture has been unfolding and informing each previous episode with new information that connects across the overall story. They've really weaved a wonderful, intricate web of a story so far, filled with depth and presented in easily digestible, all-ages chunks.

I can't wait to watch it again tomorrow evening after work with my brother, sister-in-law, my 11 year old niece and 6 year old nephew. They've been enjoying watching Rebels together this season, and I love watching or re-watching the newest episodes with them and seeing my little nephew and my niece react to everything, and further their already large and always growing love of all things Star Wars. This show and Clone Wars and Jedi Academy have been great to share with them and watch them becoming super fans.

16. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    After watching that one. Dude, Dave Filoni we need more episodes like this one please k thx.

Tarkin stepped in and it got real and he DID NOT PLAY.

Yeah they're gonna lose the finale episode for sure. They didn't bring in Tarkin to make him out to be some fool.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I *need* to see this. Forget everything else.

This sounds epic.

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't Filoni say that it would take a while for the crew to be noticed by the higher ups in the Empire, This is ridiculous 11 episodes in and they're already on Tarkin's radar.

19. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    they picked a fight with star destroyer in the first episode, they should have been noticed a while ago.

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Not really, Tarkin is the governor of the Outer Rim. If any high-ranking Imperial would know about them, it'd be him. And by the sounds of it, the show got his character/personality down perfectly.

21. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    No untagged spoilers.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Filoni was referring to Vader and Sidious.

23. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014

Who wrote and directed this episode?

24. Ventrix

Ventrix Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2014
    [​IMG]This picture is in the Rebels Discussion thread as well

25. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Ugh...I NEED TO SEE THIS EPISODE NOW