main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.13 - Call to Action - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 30, 2015.

1. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    In addition to all the cool things previously mentioned about this episode, I particularly liked the how the episode further establishes Tarkin's position as the #3 in the Empire. That snide remark Tarkin made to the Inquisitor at the beginning was a beautiful thing. Even better, the Inquisitor had to stand there and take it without saying a word.

The Grand Moff's appearance has helped renew my faith in the Imperial military, at release regarding how they're portrayed in Rebels.

2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I believe they only know about Padawan Jabba and his Master Kanan not Ezra the Space Aladdin!

Anyone recall if he was called by name whilst in hearing of the good Senator?

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  3. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    If the planet doesn't get BDZ'd, I wouldn't put it past Tarkin to have Aresko and Grint's heads displayed on pikes at the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy's entrance for all the aspiring young cadets to gaze upon (it's the Tarkin family philosophy to rob children of their innocence, after all).

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    all I am saying now that you got numero 3 in empiral command on Lothal Lothal is screwed.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    great episode. they threw down the gauntlet.

CoolyFett likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When Spark of Rebellion aired, people complained aboit Grint and Aresko being petty bullies.
    I guess Tarkin agreed.

7. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    hell yeah! i loved the opening to this episode....the shot of the imperial ships...the music...the way

Tarkin emerged from the ship.

...totally sent me back to the OT days...this is the greatest episode by far...simply amazing...there was lots of excitement and action and i really like seeing that Ezra is

Following in his parents foot steps by being a voice for the rebellion.

i was one of the biggest critics of this show with its mediocre first episodes but i can definitely say after this episode we got ourselves a winner here...this episode was hardcore with

The Inquisitor slaughtering those two insubordinates on behalf of Tarkin. that was baddass and reminded me of some of the more mature scenes from the clone wars.

and i am really looking forward to all that is yet to come and

I loved that this episode had an emotional climax with Kanan sacrificing himself on behalf of his comrades.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    he'll probably go bye bye in the series finale...maybe even Ezra too...

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It was an ok episode if you just want to enjoy the series for what it is, and animated comic book.

But Tarkin basically allows them to take the tower, while actually they got the better plan in oddly Kallus' mouth which of course the writers always have the better plan not being taken by the bad guys. Tarkin never shuts the towers power down beforehand or apparently they cannot jam the signal they need to resort to destroying it, if that was the case they couldve rigged the tower with explosives and/or trapped the rebels inside and blew it up with missiles, nor apparently do the Imperials inspect the machine after they capture the rebels and they had time to tamper with their system. Kanan is still basically the same when up against the Inquisitor, its not like Kanan takes the Inquisitor seriously or vice versa which makes it campy replication of Vader's Luke moments but Vader had a better reason to talk and capture Luke. It looks like they're were trying to pull a Luke moment with Kanan lowering his weapon and self surrendering where it seemed like an imitation of Endor..

Miras-Etrin and StrikerKOJ like this.
  10. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    I can't see how Tarkin can come out of this looking good.

The heroes are invincible and he'll end up looking like an incompetent moron like the rest of the Imperials.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  11. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Maybe it results in him being stuck on the Death Star? Also where does this episode line up with the Tarkin novel?

12. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Great episode. I think it symbolises that the crew are now satisfied that they've established the personalities and dynamics of all the principal cast and are now confident enough to begin moving into plot territory that's bigger and badder than before.

Dra--- and CoolyFett like this.
  13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Great episode

Tarkin was cold. Very cold

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So something I loved about this episode the inquisitor flat out destroyed Kanan in that Dual.

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He always does that. Kanan hasn't even come close to matching him in any of their duels, let alone actually beating him.

cdgodin, CoolyFett and Vthuil like this.
  16. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Watched Call to Action on amazon with about-to-turn-5 daughter this morning.

She was really concerned for Kanan as it became clear he was going to sacrifice himself.

That episode was intense.

Not gonna lie - as Ezra started broadcasting and taking up the mantle of his parents... my eyes suddenly seemed a little more moist than before.

This episode is about 10 years after the novel Tarkin.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Holy crap....BEST EPISODE EVER.
    Really glad I avoided spoilers because I had no idea Tarkin was going to be in this episode, I literally cheered when he walked out of the ship! Think they nailed it with his portrayal too, the scene where he has the Inquisitor execute the officers was perfect. Also, there was some really ominous foreshadowing about sacrifice in this episode and I'm not convinced it was only referring to Kanan giving himself up at the end.....

Dra--- and CoolyFett like this.
  18. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    On Amazon? Wait what? You usually have to wait until the day after the television premiere to view it.

Edit: Just checked amazon. It's there. I guess it's a mistake on their part since we had that extra week gap? Not complaining, I get to see it a week early now :D

19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Amazon, I think, has been naughty lately. Idiots Array was early, too.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  20. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Yeah, I think they're confused from the week long gap we had in between episodes. Like I said, not complaining.

Taalcon likes this.
  21. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I just hope whoever uploads the episodes continues to accidentally upload an episode early.

CoolyFett and Taalcon like this.
  22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I liked how a certain character acted just as meticulous and vicious as he was in a certain recent novel;)

Tarkin

Darth_Pevra and Taalcon like this.
  23. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    And that is why I love him, what can I say I'm a sucker for ruthless jerks.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Good episode, and I think anyone who doubts the Empire's resolve as to the lengths they will go to should definitely watch this episode.

Kallus and Maketh's faces at seeing the two imperial officers decapitated were great at showing the surprise and horror of the event. Loved how when Tarkin arrived, he placed blame on all three of them.

The scene of Kanan shutting the door was pretty amazing. Also, the Empire blew up its own communications tower simply because it had been pirated. Tarkin means business, and I think we may end up seeing him through to the end of the season.

CoolyFett likes this.
  25. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

Hello, Stephen. It's an honor to have you and the other wonderful folks who contribute to this series chime into conversations like these. Welcome. And, thank you! Your portrayal of this character has been first-rate. I sincerely appreciate your contributions to the Star Wars canon. Congratulations! ...And, keep more of it coming!

=D=^:)^