main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.13 - Call to Action - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 30, 2015.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Anyone notice that the normal trumpet flare at the end of the episode wasn't there when the title card showed at the end of the episode? It really reminded me of of when characters were given a silent clock in 24....

Vthuil and Force Smuggler like this.
  2. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

Yeah... Dave Filoni and the crew would sometimes alter the "outro" music at the end of critical episodes in the Clone Wars series, as well. (The last episode of season 5, the last Episode of Season 6, etc...)

3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I wouldn't say that changing the ending theme at the close of the season is unusual, but this was a definite change and IMO made a larger impact given the events of the episode. :)

Ben R likes this.
  4. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

Absolutely. I agree completely. The static of the broadcast tower / signal being all messed up mirrors the buzzing that must be going through the Rebels' heads at that moment. It just leaves you feeling like, "Oh, crap... what just happened? What are we going to do next." Enhances the cliffhanger feeling just a bot more. I like it a lot.

cdgodin likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I liked that the gunship model introduced in S5 and S6 of TCW still seems to be in use, and made an appearance here.

Also:

The whole scene of Aresko and Grint's execution for some reason reminded me a little of the Pulp Fiction scene that ends with Jules and Vince killing Brett.

6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Kudos to the rebels team for keeping tight lipped on the latest cameo I mean we now know that Hondo is going to appear in season 2 but I had no clue who was on that shuttle at the beginning

7. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    What Is the name of that ship model anyway? Curious.

8. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I know it's probably just a coincidence, but isn't it curious that these police gunships show up whenever Tarkin is involved with the plot?

9. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Having just watched this, all I can say is:

Hot damn, Tarkin, you did it! That's how you handle the rebel scum! Now just execute Kanan and you'll cement yourself in my mind as the best Imperial.

This episode may redeem the series from my earlier complaints. Let's see if it lasts.

CoolyFett and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  10. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    HFS... I must say I considered Rebels up to this point pretty "Been there, done that" type of show. but I´m glad that writers can use drama when they want. Please, I just want a lot of changes in the story and on Lothal after this episode, so the cliffhanger won´t be useless in retrospect.

spicer and CoolyFett like this.
  11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Just watched this.

Good god, I wonder who will replace Aristo and Grint?

I think Tarkin is going to use Kanan to draw the others out, so he'll stay alive at least for the next episode!

I wonder if Kanan recognises Tarkin, I assume so after all Tarkintown was named after him.
    Will we get a flashback episode where they reveal why Hera came to Lothal and where they picked up the others(except Kanan of course!)?

12. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So just got done watching this one and Vision of Hope. To give a brief sum-up of that one I liked it even if it was pretty basic and like Ezra and Hera I was upset that Trayvis was a bad guy because like them I wanted to believe that a good person was in the Empire to break the stereotype that everyone in the Empire is a bad guy but maybe there is and we just haven't met them yet. Saying that seeing Hera punch his face in was satisfying. Anyway I liked it. Now let's get onto this one which I also really liked:

So yeah the Rebels lost a battle this time and they've lost a few times before but I think this definitely was the first real big loss. That of losing Kanan and with their loss the Empire gained their first real victory. Really between this and the last one the Rebels are starting to slip up in terms of their winnings and I have the feeling this is all just a big build up to something else with the reveal of Trayvis being a traitor being one small loss and the capture of Kanan being a bigger loss I think the next loss whatever it may be will be the biggest loss of all.

I liked the character interactions in this one and there really was a real sense of urgency towards the end and even throughout mainly because of who they were going up against. The Inquisitor and Kallus made for good villains this time around as while I haven't felt they were entirely incompetent I did start to wonder when they would actually gain a big victory with the Inquisitor only managing to ward Kanan off before but he still got away. The humour and lines in between all the serious moments were fun too "I like this gun" from Zeb being a funny one. Animation is getting better too the model on Tarkin is a good blend of what his Clone Wars model and a more younger version of what he looked like in A New Hope. It isn't quite the same design yet but you can see how it will become that version. Speaking of let's talking about the man holding everyone's leash.

Tarkin was good in this one and its good to see him again with the great Stephen Stanton voicing him once again as much like Tom Kane and James Arnold Taylor with Yoda and Obi-Wan he pretty much is Grand Moff Tarkin at this point and has more than earned his place as the definitive voice of the character and anyone played by Peter Cushing in general who I'm sure would be proud of this portrayal if he were alive today.

Anyway Tarkin was a cold bastard in this but you have to give him credit that he was effective. He brought order to what to him is starting to become a disorganised unit and he did so in the most efficient way he could and the way he pretty much told it how it is with the Minister, the Inquisitor and Kallus was good to see because he is pretty much saying you guys had one job and you done messed it up and I'm here to fix it because having Vader show up and not be a hologram would still be a tad too early. Like I said already he pretty much was a cold bastard the way he had the Inquisitor murder the two officers even though we didn't see it was pretty brutal and really gave the impression that not only was Tarkin not too be screwed with which we knew already but that anyone in the Empire villain team could get offed at anytime just like that when we least suspect it.

I now also can buy the evil behaviour coming from Tarkin mainly because nobody is around to question it and he is given more authority than he was during the Republic leaving very few people to question him and even if they did he'd kill them instantly or they'd be too afraid too as I felt during the Clone Wars that yeah he had power but I still wondered why some people didn't think that maybe there was something up with him and maybe he shouldn't be trusted but now that's not the case I got the impression instantly that our Team Rocket Empire trio were afraid of Tarkin in different ways. The Minister clearly being the most visibly afraid, Kallus being a tad surprised but trying to keep his calm and the Inquisitor mostly remaining silent and showing his annoyance in his facial expressions and clearly doesn't like Tarkin's bashing of the Jedi and by default the Sith and dark side. Point being Tarkin was a good villain in this one and I look forward to seeing what the next phase of his plan is.

Overall a very good episode and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. Tarkin is here things are about to get serious folks although they probably already have.

Stephen Stanton likes this.
  13. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    This one hit all the right marks AND my heart! :(

The fact that they got Ezra to transmit the signal. OUCH. Everything that happens after that. BIG OL' OUCH.
    TARKIN YOU LITTLE UGH!!!
    His dialogue was golden, I thought. I love how he read the Lothal Imperial Squad downnnnnn first thing he arrived, lol.
    I'M WORRIED FOR EVERYBODY.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It's simply known as the Republic police gunship, no model name or classification given. Somewhat appropriately for Lothal, it looks like it could have come from the Sienar Fleet Systems product line.

Kentoa likes this.
  15. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    The more I watch this episode(yeah, I feel like a masochist for it) the more I find
    how shocked Kallus and Tua look like after Aresko and Grint depart this world, funny. I know, I may have some problems...

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Tired, and flu-like symptoms have hit so this isn't as long as I would normally do.

Well, wasn't expecting Tarkin to either show up or Alderaan the tower.

Genuinely worried for Kanan now, and that look on Hera's face when they left him behind... :(

Also liked Sabine the Smartass. I feel like the crew's bond really showed itself more in this episode than any other.

I don't think it can be said that the Inquisitor isn't a threat now. Or the Empire.

17. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I get the implication that it's pretty much replaced the LAAT/i by this point.

18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Just watched it - easily one of the best episodes so far - loved seeing the familiar Imperial face. The visuals were great, especially at the opening - McQuarrie would be proud.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Great episode! I agree with those saying that Tarkin is probably going to make an example of Lothal. Ezra seems to be on an arc to take up his parents mantle so I think it's likely the rebels will have a small victory by broadcasting the atrocity to the galaxy. This could be the spark Tarkin fears will unite the various rebel factions. Perhaps that's why they eventually adopt Sabine's symbol. REMEMBER LOTHAL!

ScorpionJedi and thejeditraitor like this.
  20. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Wow, that was unexpected. I was actually shocked those two imperial dudes from past episodes were killed.
    Not a fan of Tarkin, but I like Stephen Stanton's work with the character. Nice to see the actor back.
    I hope they don't just rescue Kanon next episode and get back with the statue quo. I want something big to happen. Kanan gets captured for a whole season or something would be cool. We could have little scenes with him each episode bonding with a prisoner. Or Lothal ends up getting destroyed with Kanons rescue, if it happens. Or a main character dies. Something big needs to happen and stay big, not be fixed next episode I guess.
    All in all really good episode, one of the better ones this season. Can't wait until the next airs.
    Ohh and can't wait for Hondo, though that is not until later. :p

spicer likes this.
  21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i liked it except it went a little t.i.e. panel wild. oh wait, they were in tcw too! that's pretty awesome. nice call back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Republic police gunship first appeared in the Season 5 episode "To Catch a Jedi." The ship was originally designed for another Star Wars-related project, and was inherited by the Clone Wars team for use in this episode.

22. aimop95

aimop95 Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2014
    I wonder what cameos we will now see. This episode obviously will lead to bringing in other characters, as the transmission was a system wide one. I think Ahsoka might be a candidate, but I won't hold my breath. Aside from her, who do you think would be a good candidate to show up after this transmission?

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well then. This show is certainly moving towards the darkness of TCW, and really showing the Dark Times.

Of course, seeing the good ol' Grand Moff again was a treat. Always thought he was a fantastic character - from ANH to TCW (I remember geeking out at his cameo in ROTS). And I must say, Stephen Stanton - you did a great job at voicing him! There are times during this episode where I could close my eyes and swear it was Cushing talking!

The execution of Aresko and Grint geuninely shocked me! Did not see that coming. RIP, you worthless but entertaining Imperial officers :( :p

Apart from showing us the ruthlessness of Tarkin and the Empire, this episode cemented something I've been feeling about the show lately. That is that the writing team have really made the two most interesting characters female (about time, Star Wars :) ). Hera and Sabine are great characters, both with a lot of depth to them.
    Especially Hera - the heartache of leaving Kanan behind was obvious, but she still kept a clear head and did it. She is, when push comes shove, an intelligent, no-nonsense character, and I love her for it!

Daaaaamn, this show is good! As someone who really liked it from the get-go, I must say I didn't expect it to get this good before the first season was over.
    If only there were ten episodes left of the season instead of two...

AkashKedavra_93 and Ben R like this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    How do you post a spoiler tag?

25. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006

[Spoiler but with = before the second ] and then your message before ending with [/ and spoiler before last ] to seal this spoiler.

Hope that helps