main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.21/22 - Twilight of the Apprentice (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 27, 2016.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.21-2.22!!
    Twilight of the Apprentice
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Wednesday on Disney XD. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The hype's energy surrounds us and binds us... you must see the hype, feel it. In yourself, in me, in the keyboard or touchscreen you type on, everywhere, hype.

[​IMG]

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm imposing a ban on myself from any social media that might even HINT at a possible spoiler before I have a chance to see the episode.

Grey Matter likes this.
  4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm going to cry hard after this episode.

5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm going to cry hard during this episode.

6. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    It's going to be hard, I think. We all have our thoughts about what may or may not happen. We all have our hopes and fears about what could happen. I don't know what my world is going to be like on Thursday morning once it's all over. I remember I felt rather emotional when Ahsoka walked off into the sunset in TCW. At the time, of course, I didn't know it was going to be cancelled, but it was still emotional. of course Rebels is back for a 3rd season in the fall, but in the hear and now...I think this finale may be just as emotional as TCW was.

I'll just have to wait and see.

whostheBossk and Sandtrooper956 like this.
  7. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    That's some deep stuff. It's also completely correct. :)

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    The suspense will be killer. I've gotten used to waking up on Wednesday morning and watching it before it aired on TV.

10. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Waiting til Thursday for me will be so painful but the episode being about 45 min will be nice!

11. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I have a feeling this will be the episode Ahsoke dies in, after trying to plead with Vader to reject the darkside.

This might be the point (if Yoda and Obi-wan can sense her death) that they conclude that Anakin is too far gone (and that he needs to die) especially after coldly killing someone he once truly cared about. It would probably help explain why they wanted Luke to kill Vader, rather then attempt the usual Jedi method of trying to reason with him.

12. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    So how long after airing are the episodes usually up on iTunes? Normally I'm not too concerned, but I'm planning on going offline Wednesday night until I can see it.

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    WOHOOOO!!! The time has finally come. I can't wait!

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Daaaaaammmmmn.

So this is the one people have talked about for two years now?

TV forum mods: I don't know whether you'll need wine or coffee more but I've got both. This place is going to blow up like something hit with Sabine's paint, hopefully in a good way.

I also hope that this does not become "The" Climax with all of season 3 being anticlimactic.

Either way, after seeing Ahsoka fangirling over the Anakin hologram a couple of weeks ago, I'm prepared to have my heartstrings tugged.

(Yes, I have a heart, it just beats selectively. Shut up.)

15. Billyjeanplxiv

Billyjeanplxiv Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    mmm. This is the episode I have been waiting for. The question is, will Vader kill Ahsoka...if so: How.

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Probably in a way that's censored by Disney.

17. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Not sure about iTunes but they usually are up on Amazon around 0200 hrs central time US the next day from what I have seen.

bdh1138 likes this.
  18. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    OMG it's nearly here :ahsoka::greensaber::redsaber::vader:

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Let's hope they don't screw this up.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    anyone interested in starting up a dead pool? maybe taking bets on who loses what limb(s)?

21. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Kanan loses a leg. That would be hilarious.

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Ok I waited 3 hours, how many more :p

23. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    I'll be crying during and after the episode.

Kanan loses his right arm. He almost lost it to Vader in Siege of Lothal. I figure it would be an ironic book end for him to lose it for real this time

24. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    The trailers for this look exciting but I hope it actually delivers.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well from the trailer it kinda reminded me of a cross between the Mortis arc and Brothers.