main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 2.21/22 - Twilight of the Apprentice (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 27, 2016.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

And yet:

"We need not be adversaries. The Emperor will show you mercy, if you reveal where the remaining Jedi can be found."

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Not sure what you mean. I already had the quote and showed why its highly suspicious, dubious to an outright lie coming from Vader. There is no good reason to believe that even if Vader kept the bargained deal, that Ahsoka would go unmolested, she could be terminated or lobotomized. Vader also lied to Lando to get what he wanted and kept altering the deal further . Plus we know that the Emperor does not even want their own Inquisitors around, Ahsoka would be a casualty at any rate:

IGN: Let me continue on the Dark Side kick here. You were talking earlier about having to thin out the herd here when Vader showed up. You were pretty literal with the Inquisitors on that. It was an Inquisitor bloodbath going on!

Filoni: Yeah, it was. You know, you don’t see these guys in A New Hope, either, so I had to start eliminating them. It was something we had to do, and we had to do it kind of quickly. Still, they were interesting characters that I know a lot of people were getting into. Especially Sarah [Michelle Gellar]’s Inquisitor. She was like, “Ah, you’re taking me out,” and I was like, “Yeah… Sorry!” I felt bad, because she was really enjoying portraying that character. I feel bad. You never really enjoy this when it happens, taking out these characters, but it was right for the story. Philip, he did a great job as the Inquisitor, but his number was up.

If you notice, it’s always Maul, too, for the most part, that takes those guys out. Which is kind of showing his eagerness to not just defeat, but destroy. He’s also trying to instruct Ezra on how this should work. You can’t just capture people, imprison people, you need to destroy them. We lost three – bing, bing, bing – right in a row, which is tough on my character department. What’s great about it is that it really changes the tone of things going into season three, as well. There’s this idea that I like where Tarkin says to Vader, “You are all that’s left of that ancient religion. The Jedi’s Fire has gone out in the galaxy,” basically. I think that’s true for the Dark Side of the Force, too. You get this feeling in A New Hope that there’s this technological achievement going on. The Empire is becoming this mechanized menace, and that while the Emperor and Vader control the Dark Side and use it to manipulate things, a lot of what’s evil about this Empire is the lack of faith and belief in the Force. I think a lot of that falls through with Inquisitors. They have their place, but as they’re not needed anymore – as the fire of the Jedi goes out in the galaxy – it’s not like the Emperor would even want all these witches and wizards running around his kingdom. So it was important to thin them – what does Vader care? They’re just peons to him anyway that draw out enemies, just like they did. From a practical standpoint for the Emperor and Vader, the Inquisitors have absolutely done their job by getting three Jedi to expose themselves. And Darth Maul! So it is a really good day of the hunt for them, it’s just that they come out, unfortunately for them, on the wrong side of it. And our Jedi are clever enough and get away. It connects to all things, with Ezra and Kanan. Kanan gets wounded from this encounter. Ahsoka disappears from this encounter. Inquisitors die in this encounter. It’s a tough one for everyone, but I felt like it was a nexus point for all of these characters, too.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  3. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    Thank heaven! And it could have been good. . . Really turned the force into a gross joke of itself, much more in line with god-tier D&D characters, and oh so out of step with Star Wars. Along with trying to strip it of mystique and resonance and. . .

(gets off soap box)

Anyway, I'm disappointed that in these final episodes of season 2 they did not give us a clear "Ahsoka is dead" shot/scene (I do not dislike the character), because with the wide open door this allows, it seems certain to me that Ahsoka will be coming back into the storyline at some point. It's just too tempting with a popular character with a lot of story potential that isn't 100% certifiable dead (and even then, look at Maul, although I'm certain he really died that day in TPM on Naboo). If Ahsoka doesn't come back in Rebels it will be in another show, comic, book, or what have you.

Also, I felt like there was just too much information too quickly in the last few minutes of the last episode. Maul's "turn" against the heroes, Kanan's blinding, the Inquisitors being picked off, Vader, and so on. We didn't get any of this to really sink in; at least I didn't.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  4. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    TFU was never canon, how could any fan take that game seriously? Son of a random jedi being stronger than both Vader and Palpatine? Really? The 1st game was fine but the 2nd one was complete garbage.

Pfluegermeister and Rou-eru like this.
  5. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    She is getting her own novel.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Supposedly the novel will only be covering the gap between TCW and Rebels.

7. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    So is Ezra becoming dark or is he treading the grey line? Maul tells him the holocron can only be opened by a Sith, or someone who at least thinks like one.

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Ezra was letting his anger and hate fuel him, so it opened.

Darth Maul: Use your anger, use your pain, let it fill you, fuel you.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What was he angry about, though?

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Ahsoka "dying", not being strong enough to stop Vader, Maul blinding Kanan, his impotency against the Inquisitors and inability to go the distance in destroying them, the Empire murdering his parents and friends, his fear of being killed for being weaker than his enemy ect. Ezra's lust for greater power and the ease that which the Dark Side naturally comes to him.

jc1138 and Grey Matter like this.
  11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    And the biggest one of all: Sabine not dating him.

12. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Should we assume that Kanan believes Maul to be dead?

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Something I wonder is wouldn't Kanan or Ezra have sensed had a death occurred, Ahsoka or Maul. I know maybe they were like hiding their presence or something, but its something that I am just curious about.

14. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Well Ezra didn't feel Vader coming this time (even though Maul apparently did... or did he just notice a ship approaching when he saw the rays of light occluded?), so I guess his senses were dulled.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well when they're in the ship leaving the planet, supposedly we see Ezra crying into Kanan's arms. Not sure what he's crying about; but that's for a different topic.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If you want to understand Vader's kill list Filoni has said its Obi Wan, Ahsoka, and Yoda

17. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Losing Ahsoka springs to mind.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Obi Wan = dismembered him; left him for dead on Mustafar
    Ahsoka = living connection to his past as Anakin
    Yoda = ummm. Jedi?

My point is that he had virtually nothing to do with Ahsoka; so why would he be so distraught at her death?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He lost the will to live.:p

BTW do you guys like my new Avatar?

20. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    He would've grown attached to her since the Ghost Crew joined Sato's fleet. The Rebels comic series shows Ahsoka had gotten directly involved with the Ghost Crew on missions as soon as them first joining up.

Devizz likes this.
  21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah it is rather impressive.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

So you mean offscreen. And I didn't particularly like the way they showed Ezra crying in the first place. It seemed almost forced; with no tears actually coming down. You didn't really feel anything from it. At least when you see Rex's subtle reaction, you know it's from the heart.

fett 4 likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This show loves saving money and as Filoni said Vader took a lot of budget for them.

24. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Eh, I didn't mind it.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I guess it's a matter of perspective.