main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.01-4.02 - Heroes of Mandalore - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 15, 2017.

1. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Filoni said the reason they chose this episode was because it was the most finished one.
    We are still so many months before the premiere I wouldn't read too much into it.
    There's also a chance the premiere will have some HUGE surprise they want to keep secret for now.

MrDarth0 and cwustudent like this.
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The point is though, that the Celebrations are basically giant commercials to get people hyped and to tune into the next season/product etc. They normally hint at or show there best stuff to do that. The fact they aren't showing anything from the 1st episode should have alarm bells ringing

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    If that was the case then they would have shown Trials of the Darksaber or something of its ilk rather than Steps into Shadows at last year's celebration. You're reading far too much into it in my opinion.

episodenone and Octavian Dibar like this.
  4. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
  5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    That means Ursa Wren in the trailer is misleading since she die in that episode. It also reveals Bo-Katan will end up as leader of Mandalore despite being reluctant at first.

6. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
  7. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    According to Star Wars.com this is the season premiere.

podjazd likes this.
  8. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    No Baiting.

9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Knock it off. I understand that your upset about Rebels, but arguing about it with other users isn't going to help. We don't know what happens in the first episode, so let's wait and see.

MandoArtist

And don't bait other users.

DavrelKex

Please use spoiler tags. That episode has major spoilers and has not aired on television.

podjazd

Please use spoiler tags.

10. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    So if stawars.com is right about it being the premiere, which I assume they are, that means at least Ursa found some way to escape. Since I wasn't there it's hard for me to say, but from what I've read the weapon was some sort of nuke? If that's the case I have no idea how they'll explain that... Was her armor still there after the explosion or was it gone?

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    She could have escaped, but that's going to be complicated to explain. I think it was some kind of Nuke. So at close range there really wouldn't be anything left.

12. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    You can also see Tristan if you look closely.

13. K1ng_Xeon

K1ng_Xeon Jedi Master

May 30, 2006
    Easy. There was a fridge nearby.

14. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Hm, Tristan and Ursa surviving would seriously weaken the ending of this episode. It's shocking but part of me likes this sudden horrific event that creates great emotional impact. That impact will be lessened if they are alive.

15. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    In the shot in question, with Bo holding the Darksaber you see what could also be Tristan in the front row of Mandos. Of course it could always be Sabine's father or someone else, but I hope they at least keep Tristan dead.

16. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Ursa is kinda cool but I personally don't like Tristan.

17. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    So much for the "Rebels goes very dark" thing. When Ursa and Tristan survive a nuke I can't take this serious anymore.

18. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Maybe wait till you see the last season?
    Same thing was with s3 - in one of the trailers we could see upset Hera holding a detonator. And that scene wasn't in any episode as far as I can tell. I know it's a different scale but still.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  19. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    It's definitely still too early to make any assumptions, let's try to save the criticism until we know more details, which likely won't be until we see the full episode and know where exactly this episode takes place in the season.

episodenone likes this.
  20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    To be fair, this is the same franchise from the creator of:
    [​IMG]

Not defending it, just saying it's exactly the kind of thing Lucas would do.

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Saw the episode at the Celebration panel and it's a good one. Especially if you're a Sabine and/or Mando fan.

Plenty of action, Bo Katan gets introduced to the Ghost crew, Sabine's father is rescued and he is an artist (called it), not a warrior, there are also some shenanigans with Ezra and his jetpack, some jokes with Chopper and Empire gets their butts kicked as usual.

The ending is very powerful with the implication of Ursa and Tristan being killed by the Empire using some sort of neutron bomb inspired thing that was obviously developed by Sabine while she was still in the Imperial Academy, as she immediately knows what happened.[/quote]

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What are you all talking about?
    Ursa and Tristan were disintegrated! How do you survive that? The episode obviously comes before the one st celebration

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    There was that part from the trailer with Bo, Sabine and Ursa where Bo Katan is holding up the darksaber, but that wasn't in the episode right?

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Nope.

It either happens in an episode before or we know what happens next :)

25. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Rogue One should have taught us not to look too closely at trailers!

I was at the Celebration panel as well and it seems highly unlikely that Ursa or Tristan survived. To be fair, Tristan had sacrificial lamb written all over him. But Ursa didn't, so the ending was pretty shocking.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.