main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.05 - The Occupation - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 28, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 4.05!!
    The Occupation
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Monday at 9:00 pm ET on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    That tiny shipper inside me is waiting for this episode like crazy ;)

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I think there's a slight chance for Ezrabine too.

MCAdventureCity likes this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    pretty solid episode.

The screenshot above isnt from this part, its from Flight of the Defender. Lothal is in a bad way. RIP Jho. Unalived via exposition. Watching season one after this will tug at your heartstrings for sure.

5. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Liked it pretty well. My favorite till now. Easy 9 out of 10 for me.

The Outfits for this Episode are really cool. Hope to see something like this more often.

6. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I loved it and now need to rewatch s1 :)

so good to see some faces - even pigs XD so good to be back on Lothal, where everything has started. Even if Lothal is no longer so serene... RIP Jho, but it's nice to see Rudor. Loved costumes and of course Kanan/Hera scene.

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Good episode.
    So Old Jho has been executed, I liked him.
    Return of Jai Kell. Nice new model. Loved the disguises and their ridiculous hats.
    It's been a while since we had some good old sewers action.
    The pilot became a barman? Nice job.
    The ghost crew being the only reinforcement Rebel Command is willing to give, can't afford to loose resources to save one world I guess.
    Lothal is dying and judging by the balls floating in space, it clearly has something to do with the Death Star.
    So now Ryder has a B-wing?
    Loved Kanan and Hera little moment.
    Ezra's little comment about him not longer looking like the wanted posters.[face_laugh] Plus some propaganda, love this kind of stuff, makes the world seems more real.
    Did Hera say "Caleb"?
    7/10

cwustudent likes this.
  8. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Good episode.

First half was great. Lots of tension, you could honestly feel the despair and hopelessness at the state of Lothal. The music in the background gave me chills. It was nice to see Vizago again as well, loved the mention of Hondo (I like how Ezra is still on good terms with Hondo and trusts him), and the bit of humor with the puffer pigs.

Enjoyed the bit with Kallus and Rex.

Second half dragged a bit unfortunately. There's only so much you can do with a chase scene and it just felt it went on and on.

For me personally, this episode defined part of Ezra's character for me. It showed us a glimpse of who Ezra Bridger is. I have no idea if they will continue with it but Ezra's words about wanting to stay on Lothal carried a lot of meaning for me.

I'm looking too much into this but in a way, Ezra connected his fate with that of Lothal. He will either fight and live long enough to see his Lothal and its people free from the tyranny of the Empire, or he will make his final stand and try to go down together with his home.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Old Jho! Right in the feels!!! :_|

AV-6R7 likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Death troopers are really starting to pop up everywhere. Is it because it's the last season and they have to connect with R1?

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Good episode. The atmosphere of a world under military occupation was really well done and there were some great character moments, between Hera and Kanan, Rex and Kallus, and also Ezra and Sabine. The throwbacks to first Season were nice, with the mention of puffer pigs and Lando, the Imperial pilot, old Jho, the guy from the Imperial Academy, etc. Its good to see all the threads and characters from previous Seasons coming together now. And the disguises Ghosts wore were hilarious! I wish they would have worn them the whole time they were on Lothal.

Few nitpicks:
    - Why is an elite Imperial pilot running a bar in the middle of nowhere?
    - And why is an elite Death trooper guarding the very same bar?
    - I also kept wondering during the chase in the sewers, why didn't the Empire simply start throwing incendiary explosives into the sewers? :)

12. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Wow. Seeing Lothal now compared to what it was in season 1? It's quite sad. The Empire have really killed the once peaceful planet.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  13. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Really funny episode, not great like the episodes 3/4, but really enjoable.

Also see Lothal now, it's so hard, really sad.

8/10

14. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Regarding Kanan and Ezra:

I found it a bit strange Kanan was dismissive about Ezra's feelings regarding old Jho and Ryder in the beginning. They're Jedi. Isn't having dreams or prenomitions kind of their thing?

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Jedi and their no attachments I guess!

16. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Kanan has to.d him many times visions can be misinterpreted or change.

JH24 and theraphos like this.
  17. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    In addition to this, Jedi also have normal dreams that mean nothing sometimes, just like regular people. So flipping out and running off to do whatever every time you have a dream really isn't a good policy.

Mia Mesharad and JH24 like this.
  18. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Okay, this episode was a more satisfying improvement. Good to finally get a real sense of actual Imperial oppression as opposed to the cartoony officer bullies of S1--Base Delta Zero fires, constant propaganda, instant execution of dissidents...this time, there actually were some stakes.

It also made things feel more poignant, especially for Ezra. I also like the more threatening Imperial forces this time around--hell, we even had stormtroopers dodging blaster bolts. I'm confused as to why elite Death Troopers were guarding some podunk bar, but oh well, at least they didn't go down like chumps this time.

So yeah, this time I got an actual sense that Filoni decided to put in some real punches for the final season. I approve.

19. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Not a bad episode. Would wish they would do more with Kalus this season though, it's pretty much been the Ezra and Sabine show so far. Also, apparently if you're a vaunted Imperial pilot, you moonlight as a bartender.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He did have a sweet jacket though.

Darth Pipes likes this.
  21. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Wow, they're really raising the stakes this season. Lothal looks like it really has gone to hell. Aside from the implemented fascist state, the planet itself is showing damage.

Anyway, it's nice to show that elements from the first season haven't been forgotten. They really want us to know that is the final season. Vizago is back, Baron Rudor is now running a bar (guess he got demoted after all his embarrassments with the Ghost crew), and Jai Kell is with the rebellion. Though it is sad to hear that Old Jho was executed offscreen.

Also, nice to see they also gave the kill switch from the Skystrike Academy to the TIE Defender. And you got to give it to Thrawn for being able to just casually shoot at a hijacked fighter while everything is being destroyed around him. And funny to see how he roasts Skerris for the incompetent security for the Elite Defender.

And now, we're in an arc where the crew is trapped on Lothal for the time being.

On another note, neat detail that Sabine's hair dye is fading out. Guess the Rebellion is really keeping her busy.

And Ezra pretending to be drunk in the bar? Looks like he picked something else up from Kanan. What exactly is the legal drinking age on Lothal?

Even when they have a room, Kanan and Hera keep getting interrupted. And nice to finally see Hera's ears.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ezra is 17-18 at this point, but probably 18 so he should be good. Assuming Lothal is 18.

23. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015

Still, by Earth standards, he's either still considered a minor or barely passes the legal age.

24. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    By Earth standards he's perfectly fine. Plenty of countries have a drinking age of 16.

Vialco likes this.
  25. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I enjoyed all the season 1 callbacks. Especially since I rewatched the season lately.

It's pretty sad to see how much Lothal has been destroyed. It was bright, vibrant a peaceful in Season 1. Not so much anymore.

Bar scene was cool. Rudor looks pretty good in that jacket, and of course it's nice to see him again. And yes, Wzra and Sabine should both be fine to drink by Earth standards. Ezra is 18, Sabine is 20.

cwustudent likes this.