main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.07 - Kindred - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 4, 2017.

1. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I wonder why this episode acted like Hera and Kanan weren't together before. Like, haven't they been a thing since ghost in the machine, the very first short for Rebels? Off-screen did they have some sort of "we shouldn't get too attached, one of us is likely to die" thing that got resolved this episode?

2. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Best episode in this season.
    + Finally decent villain.
    + Hera and Kanan
    + Great visual
    - Plot armor even for side characters.
    - Thrawn fail to capture Hera. (or just let her escape since he love to do that)
    8\10

3. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Loved the intraplanetary hyperspace jump from one hemisphere to the other

Not entirely sure how that works, but hey, Space Wolves~♡

A gorgeous episode with lovely environments and giving the Empire the showing they deserve

4. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    +1 warning flag for Kanan "Dead Man Walking" Jarrus. No way he makes it out of this show. I'll be a little surprised if he even makes it to Hera rejoining the team.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This was easily one of my favorite episodes of the show! This season has become unbelievably good these past few episodes, and I imagine it will only get better.

The hyperspace tunnel was a little much for me, but apart from that I have nothing bad to say about this episode.

episodenone likes this.
  6. bergs1975

bergs1975 Jedi Knight

Jan 23, 2016
    Is it just me or is that Yoda bottom middle ?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManWithoutAStar and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh! Why yes, it appears to be.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Hmmm okay...
    decent episode, I was disappointed how little they used Rukh and didn't tell anything about his background in new canon- I expect it remains mainly unchanged then, but in EU Noghri were originally loyal to Vader- will it be changed that they are all loyal to Thrawn then? I would like to know.

+ Yeah the kiss finally- I was afraid they would continue the running joke of interrupted kisses...
    + Rukh was rather cool but I hope we see more of him- he didn't really serve any purpose in this episode, although he was bit more challenging foe than standard imperials.

- Ok there is more wolf-magic and even magical portals now....ok?- I hope they actually have some deeper explanation how Caled Dume is connected to Lothal or it's destiny and bit more how Lothal is such a special place. Otherwise these are rather cheap plot devices to explain how Rebels managed to escape again.
    - So in the last episode Loth wolves were said to be thought long-dead and only Ezra could saw them, but now that governor doesn't seem surprised at all to see the wolf...

I'm not sure that making Lothal such a special, unique and magical place is a good idea- I think it would be important for the overall plot that Lothal is just a normal planet controlled by the Empire and through development of Lothal in this series we see what the Empire is doing all over the galaxy to thousands of other similar planets. Maybe the deeper message is that all places (such as all individuals) also have something special and unique in them and imperial way of thinking doesn't respect that uniqueness. Maybe, but they are making Lothal way weirder all the time...

kalzeth likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I was thinking about that. Could it be that the Dumes are actually from Lothal? That Kanan doesn't know it, but Lothal is his homeworld too. It could explain what he was talking about earlier - that they (he?) were drawn towards Lothal even before they met Ezra.

I don't know, just a thought.

10. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    After re-watching the episode I can't help but wonder why there appears to be some kind of line (crack?) in the large picture on the wall near the end.

The episode was well done, they really seem to be building up toward something big. Both regarding the Empire and the Force. It almost feels the Lothwolf is planning to bring Kanan into the Force, permanently.

Thrawn seemed to slowly lose his composure in this episode. Both in his talk to Pryce (the way he carried himself felt different) and at the end with Hera escaping. He knows Hera will be back for the Tie Defender, and he knows there's still the threat of the rebels on Lothal.

The stakes are high for Thrawn this time.

11. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Great episode overall, but I cannot help but feel like Hera escaped a bit too easily. Thrawn did not really do anything to stop her...

kalzeth likes this.
  12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    There's also the implication that the Empire might be doing something distinct from his own plans for Lothal, what with Protocol 13. There seems to be some kind of shake-up coming for rebel and imperial alike.

JH24 likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Excellent episode.
    - It seems like Pryce is getting slowly fed up with Thrawn and his shenanigans, I loved her small rivalry with Rukh. Will she try to fight back?
    - Speeder bike chase.
    - Kanan and Hera's kiss, FINALLY. Like I already said, their relationship feels so natural that I didn't feel it was forces to please the fans.
    - Everything about the Loth-wolves and the white Loth-cat, especially the part where go through this mystical place like if it was water or something. Could it have a significance for Ahsoka's inevitable return? An I'm still trying to figure out those drawing on the walls. What could it means?[face_thinking]
    - So Ezra finally knows about Kanan's real name. I wonder if it would end with Kanan retaking his real name and leaving Kanan behind.
    - Zeb finally does something other than just standing there and being the comical relief.
    - Rukh running this way looked silly but also entertaining.
    - Hera going into hyperspace right under the empire's nose was beautiful looking.
    - Outstanding animation and score.
    9/10

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Another fantastic episode!

Kanan and Hera finally kissed... But also worrying me for Kanan now.... Rukh was very menacing. Loved his movements, and I can definitely see him dealing a fatal blow to the Ghost crew in some form. And I'm very intrigued by the Loth-wolves and what they are and what they can do. They have a big purpose for our Jedi characters, I expect. Very interested to see where it's going. Just an all around fantastic episode!

15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm not sure that Kanan and Hera's relationship was ever in doubt. I always saw it as two people who were always romantically linked, but had to submerge their feelings for the sake of professional obligations.

And I won't be surprised if that scene between them in this episode is the last time we'll see them together.

16. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    That's a cool thought that I hadn't actually considered, which is weird because I've always wondered what planet Kanan is from but I never even considered it could be Lothal. I kind of hope we do find out he's from Lothal because it would kind of make more sense as to why the Ghost crew ended up on Lothal even though none of the crew really seemed to have a connection to the planet as far as we know. And learning that Ezra and Kanan are both natives of Lothal would be kind of cool, too. And more importantly, it would explain why the loth-wolves seem so interested in Kanan, as opposed to Ezra, who we know to be a native of the planet (and also an animal guy).

17. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Yep for this.
    Naaah. The very next episode, Hera comes charging back... on an X-Wing!

I do think Kanan is destined for greatness, something hitherto never seen in Star Wars lore. He'll end up alive, but like the loth-wolves, having the ability to 'meld' into the Force...

... and he might start out on a journey, together with Ezra to find the "Center" of the Force in the Galaxy before the Empire did. Which will neatly explain his absence in the Original Trilogy.

18. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Loved it! Probably one of the best episodes so far this season. Every time we get deeper into the Force mythology and the Loth Wolves I become more convinced that, one way or another, Kanan and Ezra aren't leaving Lothal. Hera's jump to hyperspace through the Imperial ship was beautifully animated.

I'm so torn as I'm loving this season and don't want the show to end but at the same time I can't wait to see that end and where they go with it. Scarif and the stealing of the Death Star plans is meant to be the first major Rebel victory so that definitely doesn't bode well for the liberation of Lothal (or Kanan and Ezra who seem bound to the planet's fate at this point). Of course they could always run parallel with and past ANH and liberate the planet after the destruction of the Death Star, that could give them some leeway. As Kanan keep saying, all the paths are coming together now.

SienneRe and TCF-1138 like this.
  19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    This sums up my feelings perfectly as well.

20. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    WOW! Excellent job spotting that. I'd guess it ain't Yaddle or Even Piell ;)

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Interesting Princess Mononoke influences in that and last week episodes.
    Amy Ratcliffe‏@amy_geek
    Look at how these scenes from #StarWarsRebels and #PrincessMononoke compare.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah absolutely. They're exploring the mystical side of the Force a bit, and what better influence than a movie about gods and powerful mystical monsters.

23. bergs1975

bergs1975 Jedi Knight

Jan 23, 2016
    I have seen some theories that Ki-Adi-Mundi and Mace is there as well. Initially I thought the symbols may have matched the legends of Lasat riddle, but they are quite different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    My guess for what the Empire wants in Lothal is still the same. I still think it has something to do with the Death Star, there's been too much foreshadowing since season 1 with the kyber crystals and Geonosis. They'll probably never actually see it though and if they do they'll probably won't know what it is.

25. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Do we know the name of the ship that Hera pilots back to Yavin IV from Lothal in this episode? It's like a U-Wing light but with only two engines.