main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.11 - DUME - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 17, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 4.11!!
    DUME
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Monday at 9:00 pm ET on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

Wuh? No preview image? What could that mean!?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So it has begun!

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well this episode really deals with the fallout of Kanan's death very well.

The aftermath might have been sadder then the actual death.

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Seeing Hera heartbroken like that was another gut punch and then her adding him to her family totem.....yeah, pretty emotional stuff.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    awhile back I predicted that Thrawn might be captured by the Rebels to explain his absence in the OT. It seems that transferred to Rukh being captured. I thought they might have gone through with Zeb bashing Rukh to death, but thats a bit much for Disney. Though this episode seems to have solidified Thrawn's safety.
    I'm more confident than ever that the Emperor will show up to Lothal in the flesh to command Thrawn to destroy the city and to confront Ezra. We'll see.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    This episode does handle the fallout of Kanan's death very well. Great stuff for all of the characters though the Loth Wolf gets on my last nerve for NOT GETTING TO THE BLOODY POINT!

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Thrawn will show up at least one more time.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    he has to in order to give the order to destroy Capital City.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh yeah that scene with Zeb and Ruhk was powerful too, seeing him go off like that in anger.....but I liked how it played out, stayed family friendly and still stuck it to the Empire.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Gotta watch with CC on so I can understand what the wolves are saying.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    dang it.... even the second time... tears were shed over that opening scene. I cant say any Star Wars medium has ever led to this... event not the films or TCW

PongKrell likes this.
  12. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Are we going to get an explanation for the wolves?

cwustudent likes this.
  13. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    The part that got me the most was Chopper holding Hera's hand :_|=((

Slater, revan772, Noir Deux and 4 others like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Sabine murdered a squad of stormtroopers ISIS style

Alpha-Red and V-2 like this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah that, and the 100% sincere hug between Ezra and Zeb. The time for quips was over.

Slater, revan772, TCF-1138 and 3 others like this.
  16. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Well...

- The fallout to Kanan's death was even sadder. Nice to see the crew members who weren't there to witness it trying to comfort them. And nice for Hera to add a piece to the Kalikori for Kanan.
    - And I totally called it in regards to how Kanan was killed coming to bite the Empire back. Pryce just completed the Rebels' original mission for them. Between the frame-up on Batonn and this incident, Thrawn is clearly done letting her have political leverage over him.
    - Ahsoka may not be the wolf, but it appears that Kanan is the really big dog. Somehow, I predicted this too.
    - And Rukh has finally been bested. Even though Zeb and Sabine ultimately didn't go through with it, it's good to show that Zeb was willing to beat him to death. However, spray-painting a guy who has been a persistent threat up to this point and sending him back after beating him is a nice humiliation.
    - I'm predicting that Pryce is next on the humiliation block (judging by trailers, she's probably going to get captured next week and is going to beg for mercy).

17. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Chopper and Hera scene is the best shot in the whole series. Nothing has ever made me more emotional.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that was the most character development chopper had gotten in the whole series.

AV-6R7 likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I found myself liking this episode better than the first one. The first one set the stage. I can't help but get the paradox vibe in regards to the wolf/Kanan. It seems to me that Kanan has probably been the Wolf all along. "Protect the past to restore the future"

Those words need to be remembered by all of us.

20. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    That was so incredibly stupid of them to let Rukh live!

21. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Killing him would've gone against Kanan's memory. It was nice that Sabine was the one to be clear-headed when previously she butted heads with Kanan over morals. Shows development.

22. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    well... I thought it was a bit hypocritical given how many Stormies they kill with explosives etc. without a second thought. Death is death after all. Weather you bludgeon someone or trigger a bomb. So, killing by hand is wrong, blowing people up is acceptable?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Alpha-Red and Vialco like this.
  23. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Besides
    Rukh
    is a very dangerous opponent. And now he has even more reasons to destroy rebels. Letting him go was foolish.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Vialco and cwustudent like this.
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So, the Wolf's voice is kinda like Snoke.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  25. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    [​IMG]
    That's Bendu levels of massive
    I wonder if Kanan is gonna take his place?

Master_Rebado likes this.