main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.13 - A World Between Worlds - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 24, 2018.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, you don't really seem to derive any meaningful enjoyment from the show, or at least you haven't for the last few seasons. Yet you seem to always come back for seconds.

Personally I really dislike the Walking Dead; the writing, the pacing and the general lack of propulsion in the narrative...it reached a point where I realised that the show had nothing for me and I gave it up. It's a popular show, so occasionally I hear tidbits of what they're doing with it, but even when I hear that they've done something that really irks me, I've washed my hands of it.

I guess what I'm asking is...why do you keep up with it? Seems like an effort in masochism to me.

revan772 and episodenone like this.
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fair point. I haven’t been watching it. Yes I read the spoilers but that doesn’t cost me anything. In this case it was because of the death of Kanan and return of Ahsoka that I actually watched these particular episodes. Will I watch the finale. As the next one is the very last, I might as well, though going on past form the follow up is never as good as the initial intro.

Lol I watched the first 2 episodes of the WD then gave up. I just couldn’t get into it and I’m a fan of the movies such as 28 Days later so Post Apocalyptic zombies I should find enjoyable [face_laugh]

I’m currently watching and loving Peaky Blinders though

3. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I couldn't resist watching the episodes. They were good episodes, I'm not really a fan of the mysticism but it was presented well here. I like how it feels like a kind of a closed loop. Ahsoka is saved, the temple is gone, Palpatine is stopped, and the knowledge of this realm and time travel is lost. Only Ahsoka and Ezra know what happened here and they would never abuse or use this power if they ever end up back there.

Time travel is always a risky subject, but so far it was presented here without the usual time travel headaches. It felt like it was more about showing the extent of the Force instead of making time travel a part of the Star Wars universe. It puts Vader's words in a "A New Hope" in perspective. Destroying a planet is one thing, but time travel, timeless realms and interplanetary portals? There's no comparison.

There were some weak scenes, but the important moments felt like an emotional punch to the gut (in a good way) Ezra saving Ahsoka, Ezra accepting his Master's sacrifice and letting go, Hera thinking of Kanan, and Ezra's goodbye to Kanan in the end. It was all so well done. Filoni wrapped up so many things in these two episodes.

The secrets of the temple are safe, Ahsoka is saved, Ezra finally understands what it really means to be a Jedi and what Kanan's last lesson was. That only leaves one more question. What are the plans of the Wolves for Ezra? I found it interesting Ezra pointed out the Wolves aren't necessarily on the side of the rebels, but on the side of Lothal. Their goals and aims just seem to coincide at this point.

Can't wait for the finale. It's gonna be a long week.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    OliffWanKenobi and Son of a Bith like this.
  4. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Oh, no, that's not true.
    1. Ezra's face (without a helmet) is inside the Sith temple space when he reaches for Ahsoka. See the episode at 6:48
    2. Vader looks directly at Ahsoka when Ezra grabs her. See the episode at 6:49

kalzeth and fett 4 like this.
  5. Imagine if Palpatine traveled in time 30 years in the future to prevent him from dying
    [​IMG]
    So we'll have Palpatine as the final boss in Episode IX and with that they save the Sequel Trilogy from being a complete disaster

In the style of Dark Empire

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
    Force Smuggler, kalzeth and revan772 like this.
  6. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Nothing but dust on Malachor. How long until Ahsoka has that owl for a tasty snack?

She could save Ahsoka's life again. Take one for the team.

7. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    We'll see how this finale goes, Ezra I feel is gonna take one for the team. And maybe in those few years Ahsoka visits some old past, Lux potentially, something like that. Overall I do hope she gets to meet Luke, need some good reason to know where she was at for a long period.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    He would be God really- eternal and invincible, everywhere and at every time- republic, rebels or jedi would never exist in this new continuum- only him and his Empire

So it seems that Vader actually did saw all that and told it all to the Emperor- so it is Ezra's fault that Emperor found that passageway in the first place... It is not a problem as many seem to think- it is exactly explanation why Vader was so confused, left rebels alone after that and how Emperor found out about that secret in jedi temple- Vader found the jedi temple and really saw Ezra time jumping.

That is why he left after Malanchor- he needed to inform the Emperor about this, also he may have been interested himself in changing the past- time jump makes it possible to do what he always wanted- to stop people from dying. But he knew he couldn't keep it from Palpatine.

I agree that it is not the best storytelling maybe, but it is not illogical in any way, that is not the problem.Since nothing was changed it means that the continuum is the same as it already was- Ezra saved Ahsoka back in season 2. We actually saw Ahsoka alive after the explosion- it was not symbolic after all, we just didn't knew it at the time- it was Ahsoka who returned from the world between worlds. It seems that in Star Wars universe time travel works that way- it cannot change already existing timeline- there never was a different ending in any timeline, Ahsoka didn't ever die on Malanchor- she was saved by Ezra Bridger from the future and it always remains the same since alternate universes were not created. Time travel stories usually allow alternate universes to exist but it seems Star Wars didn't went that way- Ezra timejumped yes, but he didn't change anything- so there is one continuum still.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I agree Vader recognised Ezra, the Emperor realised at some point Ezra was going to open that door so was probably waiting for that Adept to let him know once it happened.
    Odd that the Emperor needed someone to let him in, that's probably why he's hunting Ezra in person?

So either Ahsoka returns the favour forcing Ezra to go into hiding or the Emperor kills him does that sound about right to you?

MandaloreRex2015 and themoth like this.
  10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Good analysis there. I agree with it. What happened to Vader in terms of Ezra’s meddling is what Palpatine and Vader remember now, so he would’ve been waiting for it to happen. As for Ezra’s fate, I have no idea.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  11. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    I doubt it - they've been completing Rebels episodes almost a year in advance. I doubt that they would get access would give them access to TLJ audio before release which would mean they'd need to edit in TLJ audio over 6 months after the episode and season had already wrapped.

12. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I'm fine with this not being Ahsoka's story, but they also don't need to leave her story stuck in limbo. They could have just as easily made her end definitive in the season 3 finally. I just want her story to have a respectable ending, not not be this intriguing story that just.........

13. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    They've got plans for her I'm sure, depends what Dave does for the next animated series... She will get some more story I reckon, maybe with some old characters from the past.

14. niccalas_cage

niccalas_cage Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2010
    At this point I wouldn't think Vader cares about saving people's lives anymore, nor going back in time to be involved with anything that has to do with Anakin. He's all about ruling the galaxy. I could see him wanting to go back to Mustafar to change the fate of the Obi-Wan duel so he can be Darth Vader 100% and have real shot at overtaking Sidious. He also knows he's the one who killed Padme, and she's not on board with his new power quest. Perhaps he would try to force her to understand.....Did he realize all this as a possibilty when he saw Ezra snatch Ahsoka but still reported it to his master? Oh the can of worms this new plot has opened...

kalzeth likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    According to the episode guide, Vader thinks Ahsoka died in the explosion because she was gone for a moment and couldn't find any trace of her. I don't think he really knew about Ezra saving her, he was swinging his lightsaber for the kill right before falling, I don't think he would have time to process that Ezra was there.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This is why I think Ahsoka returned to the past (not the present with Ezra) and, going by Dave's playing cards, she'll depart for the future in another portal - after Vader and Sidious are dead. She will want to maintain the notion she is dead.

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It seems like in Ahsoka's present time continued to move on without her being there, and when she came back Vader was already leaving and that's how we see the S2 finale play out with her going down the stairs.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  18. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Hard to catch up to the 13 pages already... but aside from those outright dismissing the action in this episode I noticed many of the questions posters asked are actually answered either in the Episode itself, in Rebels Recon - or nicely theorized by my fave YouTuber Star Wars Explained.

I think a lot of posters should re-watch the episodes before asking their questions - and watch Rebels Recon and the SWE Episode Review.
    I repeated myself because I know it to be true.
    And then other criticism's like why didn't Ezra go back and kill baby Palpatine blah blah blah or go to Theed etc etc etc -- pure and simple - Ezra went back to what he knew. Kanan's Death.
    Why did we hear those quotes? What a silly question. Because they were awesome and relevant to this story.
    How can Ahsoka still exist - there are no other Jedi by the time of ANH -- SHE IS NOT A JEDI
    For all we know Ezra will take that very same path in the Season finale. And thus be allowed to survive.
    30 years between RotJ and TFA -- will Luke find Ahsoka or Ezra or... who knows. Might make a lot of sense. And from my perspective - the right story teller would do it absolute justice.
    Time Travel got your panties in a bunch? Well - this is a FANTASY / Sci-Fi-esque story - whatever we saw in these 2 episodes is open to interpretation - make it yours and enjoy it for what it means to you. Some beautiful interpretations in the last 13 pages here and some argumentative gripes for the sake of gripes.
    Remember the 1st Season of TCW when nearly 99.99% of fans hated Ahsoka -- let history be your lens and analogy - give it [and Filoni's crew] some time/credit/final episodes.
    Come on guys -- it ain't hard to understand why this is what it is - just try some critical thinking that isn't biased by what you were hoping for - but what is.

To me - Rogue One and Rebels are the absolute BEST of Star Wars these days -- Rebels has given me what the ST has decided not to -- and expanded the mythos in wonderful new ways.
    Kick back and enjoy.
    It's been a fantastic ride - I'll ride shotgun with Filoni and his team ANY TIME

p.s. - I think the other portals all likely are inside Jedi, Sith, or other Force religious temples...
    But that's just MY interpretation...

19. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015

This show has had good episodes here and there, but clone wars, was much more consistent. The animation is better, and a lot more actual tension.

kalzeth and fett 4 like this.
  20. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I .......... AGREE

21. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Well the Emperor knows she's still alive!

kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How does this show have less tension then TCW? In this show out of the 5 remaining main characters, 3 of them have no future as far as we know outside of rebels. Also unlike TCW rebels has killed one of its main characters. I can understand your other points, but that last one, not really.

23. yodarulzall

yodarulzall Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 1, 2000
    Being cut in half is not ensured death. This world is littered with people with nothing from the waist down.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Very dubious assumption there. Of course LFL could make some audio available before the release of the movie. We’ve even seen dialogue used in toys months earlier.