main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.15/4.16 - Family Reunion - and Farewell (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Long time no see @Seerow! I hope you're doing well. I was active pretty much every day here several years ago when The Clone Wars series was happening. I'll be sticking around again now. :D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I am doing well, just apparently finding every last thing in the world to procrastinate with including this old forum. I just was never quite hooked by Rebels the same way as with TCW. I found the entire final season of Wolf's Rain... I mean Rebels to be the best however and enjoyed the finale. I have a nasty love for fanon. It's left alot of room for fanon and I've been lurking around reading lots of it and getting the itch to share my own. I hope you are doing well also.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If you recall, she was also "bitten" by The Son as well. From what I understand, at least depending on who you talk to, both The Son's poisoning of Ahsoka and The Daughter's Life transfer wasn't supposed to have any significance beyond the Mortis arc of TCW.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Now that I've had some time to think about the finale, I feel ready to share my thoughts on it. I really enjoyed the rebellion plot, with A Fool's Hope quite possibly being my favourite episode of the season. I was so happy to see Wolffe and Gregor finally helping the rebels. It was also nice to see Ketsu and Hondo helping the rebels as well, showing the heroes with all the allies they've made really gave a great feeling of conclusion to this finale.

I didn't really like Rukh so I was kind of happy to see him die, but I'm left feeling like he didn't really serve much purpose on the show. For how unique his appearance was, I was expecting him to be more important. My biggest issue with these episodes was probably the Emperor/Ezra scenes. I was really excited for his appearance but was left pretty disappointed. I have no idea what was actually going on with that door he was showing Ezra, as far as I know it is impossible for Palpatine to bring his parents back and Ezra should have known that and certainly understood it after his decision to leave Kanan while he was in the World Between Worlds. Also, I do not understand how Palpatine thought that was a better plan to deal with Ezra than just sending Vader to capture him. Then Palpatine could try to turn him without any chance of him escaping, and if he failed to turn Ezra he could just kill him. However, I am glad that Thrawn lived and I look forward to seeing him in future stories.

I was pretty happy with the way the character's stories ended. I love that Zeb and Kallus both went back to Lira San and Kallus was able to find peace with the race he originally tried to wipe out. I was so excited to see Ahsoka at the end, I would love to see her and Sabine's adventures. I think that would be a really great team-up. I thought Jacen Syndulla was completely pointless, it is ridiculous that he is a Twi'lek/Human hybrid and yet he's just a human with hair the colour of his (hairless) mother's skin. He looked kinda goofy, and I think that Chopper was enough of a companion for Hera. Perhaps we will one day have a great Jacen story that will change my mind, but until that day I am against him. I am so glad Rebels got a proper ending on it's own terms, I will forever be disappointed with the way The Clone Wars ended too soon.

5. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    @iPodwithnomusic my take on Jacen's look is that maybe they decided 'looks pretty much like a human' was the best option in case they use him for live action further down the line. But that's purely a guess.

6. DML3

DML3 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

What did I just watch?

You mean there is a time bridge that could have prevented Anakin from turning? Let the Jedi know beforehand that Palps was the Sith Lord? Save Qui Gonn?Mace Windu?

Then on top of that Asohka is the one they decided to keep alive? I'm sorry the star wars universe is becoming more and more convoluted. The stories don't match up. There is no continuity. It would have been better to keep rebels separate from the events of the rebellion. Let asohka and ezra rest in peace. Why have them out there existing and then we have to suffer through Kylo ren and mary sue rey?

There just seems like two different directions that this star wars story is going.

One one hand you have actual storylines that make sense like Rebels and Clone Wars
    then you have storylines that are clearly to sell tickets, toys and to make $$$. That's the new trilogy and these anthology films.

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, I'm surprised people are not discussing the implications of the World between worlds for Anakin/Vader more.

Does Vader know something like this exists? Personally I think no and Palpatine would go to great lengths to prevent Vader learning about it.

The ability to change past and future is exactly what Anakin was looking for in ROTS to save Padme.

8. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Since we never saw Ahsoka fall, we don’t know if changing the timeline is possible or if this is an Eternalist interpretation of time where all time travel that ever will happen has already “happened” and was always a part of the one eternal timeline.

I tend to think it is the latter. Ezra’s vision of Kanan’s death was a Sith illusion (it is seen through Palpatine’s gate). But we won’t know for sure until someone tries to change something we’ve already seen in-continuity and we learn the rules.

Seerow and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree, however I do not see them ever going so far as to change continuity

Seerow and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Word of god only goes so far with me with these shows. I can recall a certain Supervising Director laughing at kids like they were silly at Star Wars weekend when they asked him if Maul was going to come back after season 3 of TCW. Guess what? And, that video is on YouTube.

I can't help but wonder what Vader thought when Ahsoka was pulled out of reality. I mean, Ezra stepped through that portal and grabbed her, didn't he? That would be quite a magic trick for him not to get curious. Ezra had just exited slightly younger with a bit more hair. I personally think it's an eternalist timeline myself and Ezra's journey into the TWBW is a predestined part of the timeline. Kind of a scary thought...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  11. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    It's enough to make one's head explode. Surely Vader told the Emperor about his duel on Malachor, and he sensed (or saw) that it was Ezra. Maybe that caused the Emperor to put 2 and 2 together and search for the portal on Lothal. So, Ezra saved Ahsoka, but also alerted Sidious to the existence of the portal. Yikes.

12. DML3

DML3 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015

That just destroys all star wars lore with the existance of thst portal. Sidious would use that to his advantage and would still be alive. Im sorry that was nothing more than a cheap copout to keep asohka alive. It raises more questions than it has has answers for.

They shouldve thought of another way to bring her back,

Then again the past few episodes felt rushed and off the cuff. Ezras entire plan the final two episodes made zero sense. It made lukes plan on tatooine look like einstein created it.

Rennzwerg and SienneRe like this.
  13. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Looking back at the finale, I'm feeling uneasy now about the plan of the rebels (Ezra's plan mostly) to blow up the Imperial dome. I understand time was running out and this is war but it basically came down to mass murder. Given its size there could easily have been thousands of people inside that dome. The Imperials they locked up never even had a chance to escape.

I can see Hera, Sabine, Zeb having no problems with it, but for some reason it doesn't sit entirely right with me that Ezra was the one to bring it up.

It does make me wonder how much Ezra was "shown" by the Force about the path he had to choose. He knew beforehand it would mean leaving his family behind (Chopper's recording), but the Force apparently didn't show him anything about Thrawn bombing Capital City. He seemed completely caught off-guard by it. (His horrified and shocked reaction was amazingly done though)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    MrDarth0 likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    eh, Ezra has never had any problems with Imperial casualties. "Mass murder" is a bit harsh in this context considering its a full on war for the planet and the Empire wouldn't just sit around in space after being ejected from the planet. Ezra knows this, and is pragmatic about it. They're just casualties for the other side, who happen to be evil. If the Death Star attack on Yavin IV succeeded you could bet your bottom dollar that they would've jumped to Lothal shortly thereafter and blasted it to smithereens out of pure spite. Of course that didn't happen, and the Empire had more important things to worry about than Lothal after losing the Death Star and a good swath of their top brass.

MandaloreRex2015, cwustudent and JH24 like this.
  15. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    You're right. Like I said, I understand it's a war situation. "Mass Murder" was not a good choice of words on my part. The fact it made me feel uneasy is a compliment to the writers as it does show the consequences of war. Lothal is incredibly lucky the Empire got distracted not long afterwards.

And that's my main issue with Ezra's plan. Unless a vision showed him the Empire wouldn't return it was an incredibly risky move to destroy the Imperial dome. There was no way the Lothal rebels would have been able to defend against an Imperial retaliation.

One thing I'd wish is that the series wasn't as black and white about the Empire and the rebels. I wouldn't have mind seeing some reasonable or more sympathetic characters (besides Kallus) on the side of the Empire.

V-2 likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I have a theory that Ezra actually did see the future when he made contact with the son on the Mortis Mural. We heard the Son's quote from TCW "The future by its nature can be changed" and Ezra fell unconscious as he did after having visions earlier in the show. If that did happen he might have seen Lothal's prosperous future. That's nothing more than a theory however.
    Lothal might not have had a chance against a huge invasion, but it probably did have a good chance at surviving a retaliatory attack. They still had a planetary shield, so it was safe from orbital strikes. The people rallied against the empire, so they would fight against any future imperial incursions.

I agree with you regarding the black and white nature of how the show depicts the early Rebellion, but I accepted it because this is a family friendly show in the end. There are a lot of things that some have to look past to enjoy this show. Some people are unable to do so, and that's fine. I have no problem looking past certain things because it's Star Wars. It doesn't have to conform with realities or reflect anybody's expectations.

MandaloreRex2015, cwustudent and JH24 like this.
  17. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    Could it be that during the magic whale hyper jump Ezra and Thrawn got disintegrated into particles and then merged back together into one being, who later called himself Snoke?

Alpha-Red, V-2 and revan772 like this.
  18. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
  19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    True, but many of the killed in the Dome were probably civilian workers for the Empire, similar to Minister Tua, who were just doing their jobs. Also we know the Empire is using conscripts, so even many of the killed Imperial soldiers were just innocent kids and young adults recruited into the Imperial war machine without any free choice.

So calling all the Imperials evil is extremely simplistic and wrong.

20. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    As someone who has travelled from the future, I can confirm your theory is
    true.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Who is Thrawn in this analogy?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    On top of this we know that much of the Rebellion is made up of imperial deserters. Bigs Darklighter, Kallus just to name two of the more prominent ones.

MrDarth0 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

24. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Give meee Fishyyy (Ahsoka)

25. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    Yes, they were traveling in a star destroyer convertible through hyperspace, open to all elements, and who knows how time and space warp around purgills when they activate their build-in hyperdrive. All these distortions combined exposed Ezra and Thrawn to the craziest anomalies. They couldn't survive that and remain the same.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018