main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.15/4.16 - Family Reunion - and Farewell (SERIES FINALE!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 3, 2018.

1. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I re-watched the finale again this weekend. I only now realized I never felt the full impact of the scene with Ezra and the Emperor. (Probably because I was so focused on the latter) But now...

I'm I just too emotional? I cried when I re-watched this scene. Seeing Ezra's expressions, hearing the pain in his voice and the music. The entire scene where Palpatine tried to tempt Ezra hit me really hard. It was so unbelievably well done. "Mom... Dad... You will always be a part of me. But I have to let you go." The pain on his face and in his voice...

When Rebels hits the right notes, it hits really hard. The finale had its flaws, but man, those emotional scenes. Ezra, Sabine and Chopper... Ezra and his parents... Ezra's surrender to Thrawn... Ezra's sacrifice and goodbye... Zeb and Kallus... All those moments, they were perfect.

The Rebels series had its flaws, and I know I've posted many times about those flaws in season 3 and 4. But this ending... This ending is unforgettable. Thank you, Dave Filoni, and everyone who has worked on this series.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015