main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Rebirthing Legends ideas in new canon by transferring them to new characters, locations, eras etc.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Better yet a new force planet, a'm sure there few more. and all force planets have gate way to both Mortis and world betwwen worlds. I think Filoni wants to use both Thrawn and Ezra to go off each other, Thrawn learns more of the force through Ezra and Ezra learns how to command and be military strategy. I'm sure they will have paths together.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I’d be curious to see if Filoni remotely wants to show Thrawn in that light. Personally I don’t think so, I think Filoni really just looks at classic Thrawn and tries to bring that iteration to life, but who knows.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's why I like Filoni Thrawn the best.

4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He’s trying for classic Thrawn, but I don’t think he’s gotten there yet.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Prefer him to the new books we've gotten so.....To each there own.

6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I got to say Filoni really nailed Thrawn and their choice of Voice Actor and Thrawns theme in the Kiner score really are pure gold!

So... aside Thrawn, what about the Legends versions of Boba Fett post ROTJ? Or any Fett stuff for that matter any era.

NuCanon probably keeps ROTJ as his final death... but it is so pathetic that I want to scream. Kinda that I beg him to be replaced by someone else for ROTJ so the true Boba Fett lived on. And I usually was against any rumored replace the man under the helmet plot Mask of Zorro style they were aiming at with Fett spinoff rumors.

But I think, even if they do not continue him post ROTJ, we need some more Fett stuff aside badass villain Fett. I loved his more personal character explorations, as varied as they were in Legends. I absolutely adored his tragic tale with Sintas and Aylin. Sure they won't repeat that one, instead keeping ROTJ Special Edition flirty Fett most likely (Yikes!), but something needs to be told about him. And please not the "he is no Mandalorian" crap again. Sure he weirs their armor and all that, and probably is less Mando than Mercenary but he still is one.

Another character nuCanon canonised is Cpt Pellaeon. While marginal for now, and hardly as prominent in the future as his Legends counterpart, new canon rather kept Yularen in a similiar role and function. They even got an Isard/Daala cross carbon copy with Miss Pryce from Lothal.

Voltron64 likes this.
  7. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    What I mean is, yeah I think Thrawn works better as an antagonist than protagonist, but even in the villain role in Heir to the Empire and it’s sequels there was a lot more depth to the character than what Rebels has presented. I don’t think Filoni’s gotten to that point yet where the character feels fleshed out.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - As I mentioned in the Episode IX thread, the Sith Eternal could have been composed of members of the Sith Species.

- Rey could have lived on Lehon instead of Jakku.

9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m in the camp that thinks we’ll see Boba in Mando season 2. And I think they’ll properly address his relationship with the Mandalorian culture. Maybe we don’t get the full Legends role he filled, (I think the titular character has more or less usurped that), but I could see him serving as a meaningful mentor type that further explains what it means to follow the Mando creed/faith.

This is where I’m the most confident they’ll follow Legends. Henry Gilroy mentioned on a few different occasions that Pellaeon was one of his favourite characters and I think that whatever role they have Thrawn in post-Rebels they’ll have Pelly there as his Watson.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

I think if they do Fett they should continue more in the same vein of his Prequel self....a bit of a tragedy of the kid whose trying to be like his dad....and the fact that now in his old age when he looks at his face, he sees his dads face.....So he is his dad and isn't his dad...there is a lot of physchological stuff you could actual do with him actually using his Prequel backstory.

@SyndicThrass
    Curious if Henry Gilroy will be involved in the rumored Rebels sequel series....Granted that doesn't not mean Pellaon will not show up in some capacity...Granted you have Eli Vanto if they will pull from media's.

Here's a interesting thing.

Since we have Moff Gideon as the first real Post Galactic Civil War (Well post Endor) Splinter Warlord...How easy (Or hard) is it to bring in the Warlords in some variety without having them be repetitive but also unique.

I mean how easy could it be to bring in Ysanne Isard as the dictator of a planet filled with Bacta and she's hoarding it all because she hates the New Republic.

Voltron64 and ColeFardreamer like this.
  11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    @Jid123Sheeve I don’t think they’d go to the trouble of canonising Pellaeon just to ditch him for a newer character who is only marginally similar and whose character arc has taken him away from the Thrawn sidekick role.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fair enough...and your right that Eli has become more of a independent figure from Thrawn at this point

(Though i'm hoping for the Thrawn-Pellaeon-Eli love triangle ;))

But in all seriousness I do expect to see Pellaeon in the post Endor Thrawn story, it just seems inevitable. Though what exactly Thrawn will be doing, be it heroic or more likely villainess will be interesting, considering Thrawn can't really go full on camping against the Galaxy in Nu Canon.

I mentioned this before but I WOULD love too see a connection between Thrawn and Palpatine in NuCanon Post Endor stuff

I nice meta thing in the fact that The Thrawn story ....and the Dark Empire (ST story) are tied together. A sorta meta acknowledgment of the fact they weren't in Legends ;p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2020
  13. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    While I like Eli Vanto, I think he will die before ROTJ. That may be why Thrawn tranfers his relationship he had with him to Pellaeon.

If they are bold, have Pellaeon be jealous of it and make sure Eli Vanto is a goner in a way Thrawn won't find out... maye Pellaeon is working with Palpatine behind Thrawns back? nuCanon, new rules!

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know here's something to think about.

When (And not if) we get post 9 material....and depending on the gap of time this time between 9 and 10.....and even 10 and 11 and 11 and 12 and who knows what.

Wonder what sort of Legends stories one could rebirth, tweak, what have you in the Post 9 universe....Transfer or retell or what have you some of those stories with Rey and friends.

Like Rey vs the Ghost of Exar Kun ;p

A Black Fleet Crisis

Can't really have the FO and New New Republic make peace since I don't think Star Wars is really into that sorta thing and the FO being pure evil I think they more or less likely want it as a institution destroyed...They'll deal with the people probably on a case by case basis.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2020
    Voltron64 and PCCViking like this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe the Taung could continue to inhabit Coruscant into the movie era and have nothing to do with the Mandalorians.

16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Vanto strikes me less a Pellaeon replacement character and more of the nuCanon Voss Parck. When you look at it, he’s been given the role of early imperial officer who discovered Thrawn in Mist Encounter and who served as his human representative within the Unknown Regions combining Chiss and Imperial assets....I think, theoretically if they ever did a canon Hand of Thrawn it’d be with Vanto at the helm.

which is even funnier because Parck is canon too!

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Regarding Boba in new canon i hope he remains a lowley bounty hunter and not a mandalorian. He has no honor he fights and kills with no honor and same to Jango.

I hope they let Thrawn live close to the events of the sequel trilogy or post it. no alot can happen during this time unless the war in unknown space is never heard of or spoken off. Eli and Palleon will probaly offer as his advisors. I think Ezra will somehow be involved with Thrawn during his journey there with the chiss and what not.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

In NuCanon we know Thrawn is a Chiss Spy more or less

In Legends he was a exile because of his fist strike position

What if they transfer the part of him being a exile into the post Endor events of Thrawn's life making him a radical to the Chiss now, you can even say his time as Grand Admiral has defiantly hardened him even more than he was at the start.

Then you can go full on Villain Thrawn in the post Endor stuff even more, maybe do some tie ins with Mortis or what have you or have Thrawn join up with the First Order thinking they will be the dominant force.

Voltron64 likes this.
  19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Given the timing and circumstances we saw in Treason, I think it’ll be less that he’s fallen out of grace with the Chiss and more that the Chiss might not even be a society any more post-Grysk war that makes him go into classic Imperial Warlord mode.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

Here's something interesting.

Rebirthing stuff from Legends...But as Legends.

Like....What if the Tales of the Jedi are part of the Star Wars universe....But as just that...Tales...Stories within stories...Like maybe the stories of Exar Kun and Uliq happened but they are tales within the universe, thus perhaps the more fantastical elements from those comics can remain but as stories within the Star Wars universe itself.

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

That is actually how Legends itself presented them, preface and all, likewise the even older Great Hyperspace War era of events. You know I am a sucker for the historians point of view on SW which views everything as inuniverse adaption of a truth that is somewhere in the middle of it all. I posted in various topics and even its own about that.

Thing is, that is relatively easy to do with the Old Republic stuff in nuCanon. Post ROTJ?

Did Ben Solo have to watch media spin fiction about other Solokids? Are Fakenews inuniverse really as bad as reporting Ben Solo as Ben Skywalker? :p I like some inuniverse play with such concepts, like Harry Potter verse got Rita Skeeter providing not so correct news and fakenews to the world and making it a storyhook and storyrelevant even!
    Remember the wizards of the coast website article that actually mispelled Jacen Solo's name as Jacen Skywalker? It happened before in Legends even!!!
    I like how nuCanon has even Lego stuff like Freemakers be canon, yet Lego versions be an adaption of real events that are canon.

Well I could see Courtship of Princess Leia to exist as inuniverse romance holonovel.

But the more divergent Legends pieces are, the more I wonder why would they exist as inuniverse fiction? What is their function and purpose inuniverse? Are they really holoshows, flicks, novels... or merely holonet fanfiction and fanart (which exists thx to Aaron Allston no less!). Are there playeable inuniverse apps for datapads and smart-comms?

Voltron64 likes this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

I remember someone saying the Plagueis novel a lot of the Great Hyperspace War Tales of the Jedi Stuff, Plagueis and Sidious were talking about how it was great legends that the Sith did all these ancient spells and what not and that's why (Apart from some of the art being lost) the Sith in the more movie friendly EU can't do half the stuff the TOTJ Sith could that was pretty much just full on magic.

I think it be cool to have the old Marvel comics from the 80's be sorta in-universe tales that people would tell about Luke, Han and Leia, heck even Lando was telling his old Lando stories in Solo A Star Wars Story.

Oooooh yeah I like that.

23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I suspect the Legends designation isn't in-universe legends, but Earth legends about a supposed galaxy far far away, and only Disney has access to the "Journal of the Whills" or whatever that's the actual documentary of that galaxy.

24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Maybe within Legends, LOTF/FOTJ was inuniverse fiction based on real events as retold during the Legacy comic era by people who did not witness the original events... how though would the real events look like then to appease fans and still keep the story intact? No Jedi Council infighting and soap opera style stupidity? Saba Sebatyne does not exist and is pure fiction! Boba and Daala never dated...

Voltron64 likes this.
  25. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    I'm mean sure she was a client of his, and she also attempted to get frisky with him, but he was like no way... (AKA how I am going to interpret that)

PCCViking likes this.