main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Recent Administration Problems

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Harry_Hill, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Could I ask those of both factions of FFUK to take any issue that isn't directly related to the thread topic to the appropriate place ie: FFUK.

I'm sorry, I just can't take that statement seriously at all. :p :D

2. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    hahahahahaha. LOL LOL LOL [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] *smirk* :D :D :D :D :D

3. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I have no idea why DDH ;)

4. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    Nathan, thanks for the apology.

It's a shame LV hasn't apologised for her usual inflammatory comments aswell.

I appreciate the reason I was unneccessarily dragged into this debate publicly. It's just a shame Harry Hill and friends points weren't actually dealt with thus avoiding the need for a personal attack.

5. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    LV rarely read Coms. Perhaps you should try PMing her or posting on the FFUK board?

6. Harry_Hill

Harry_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Well said, Nathan - what a nice young man. And as for the use of socks to back up an argument not being acceptable, don't worry about it, mate - it's not like anything hangs on the outcome of this debate anyway. But seeing as how you've been so nice, I'll stick to HarryHill for the rest of the thread.

Back on topic, I don't know if anyone's brought up the question of some Mods being quick on the upchuck yet, but now might be a good time:

Are you honestly suggesting we're somehow different from regular people? Or is this just a joke/satire?

Thoughts?

7. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Thanks Charis, but amazingly LV had no problem finding this thread last time.

Anyway, let's keep this thread on topic.

8. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    One of the problems I see is that once someone gets "colours" they cannot be normal posters.

They are required to interpret and enforce the rules, act as diplomat and negotiator between parties and, as far as I'm concerned try to always be positive and drive the JC/FF forward.

Most people try to do this but it is not necessarily required from them. It is expected of the Mods/Admins thus seperating them from the general membership.

9. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    They are required to interpret and enforce the rules, act as diplomat and negotiator between parties and, as far as I'm concerned try to always be positive and drive the JC/FF forward.

So what you're saying is, that people with colours, i.e. City Reps, should at no point publicly announce for no reason that they are not speaking to one of their representatives, who finds themselves with a problem?

Diplomatic, positive, negotiator? Agreed. Perhaps you could read the posts from the City Rep with colours in this thread and then explain to her where she goes wrong on a daily basis.

Giving some people City Rep/Modship hardly does for them what the England captaincy did for David Beckham.

10. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Isn't this going off topic again?

She doesn't represent any of you by your own admissions in threads that are still present on the FFUK board. You want to argue re CR, bring it to the board. That's a FF issue!

11. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Charis, how can answering a point raised by Stu about posters with "colours" (please read his above post) be off topic?

Stu's point is that posters with colours should have a positive attitude and possess negotiating skills and be able to recognise when it's necessary to employ them.

The original point of this thread was that moderators should posses social skills and employ them on the boards. Where this doesn't happen relations between posters with colours and regular posters break down.

The City Rep who posted in this thread has both colours and absolutely no social skills whatsoever and has thus contributed to the breakdown in relations and therefore communication between regular posters and posters with colours both in this thread and on a particular board.

I agree with Stu. Posters with colours should be able to conduct themselves in a reasonable and positive manner. It's not off topic to point out a prime example of how communications have been broken down by a poster with colours in this thread alone.

12. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Surely the British boards can accommodate this exciting conversation.

And don't call me Shirley.

13. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Why? Are there only socially inept posters with colours on the British boards?

Shirley.

14. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Aren't you talking about one particular member with regards to one particular FanForce board?

Either way, actually, I am not bothered. It's a hideous board, the British Fan Force anyway.

15. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Re: British baords. They are now. You're darn tootin.

Sure enough, the gaps in the administration were filled by resident nerds, geeks and social inadequates, resulting in the present situation of a community run by, and rules being set by, socially-backward sci-fi nerds who could argue for 15 days straight about the length of DV's lightsabre without the slightest trace of humour or irony.

Basically no, I wasn't referring only to a particular FF-UK poster. What I was doing was agreeing with DarthAsabrush that posters with colours have certain responsibilities. And showing how a poster with colours (who unfortunately does happen to be from the FF-UK)in thisthread alone chose to make inflammatory comments and abused those colours.

The initial point of this thread (above) was that this kinda thing goes on all over. You don;t have to look very far (infact just a page back) to see it. Is all.

What about Doreen? That'd suit you.

16. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Sorry TTG, but the reason you refuse to bring this to the FFUK board is that the posters on the forum know the history of this disagreement and know that it is a personal issue, not a FF one.

Take it up with D_A on PM if you wish to pursue it.

You said our CR was an example of a common problem, then your should not have problems searching through the JC to find JC colours to use as your examples.

Al - you should come over to the FFUK - it's changed quite a bit.

17. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Sorry TTG, but the reason you refuse to bring this to the FFUK board is that the posters on the forum know the history of this disagreement and know that it is a personal issue, not a FF one.

No, Charis, the reason I'm bringing it up here is that it is relevant to THIS thread, not a thread in the British Boards. It is relevant to the comment Stu just made about posters with colours having certain responsibilities.

That is why it is being discussed here.

If a CR wants to make inflammatory and unhelpful and personal comments in a thread discussing the attitude of posters with colours then where better for their attitude to be discussed.

Look at the CR comments. Look at the recations to them. They're all in this thread - and this thread is discussing socially unacceptable behaviour exhibited by posters with colours.

Take it up with D_A on PM if you wish to pursue it.

Take this up with me on PM if you wish to pursue it.

You said our CR was an example of a common problem, then your should not have problems searching through the JC to find JC colours to use as your examples.

In this thread alone there are excellent examples of posters with colours, i.e. moderators, CRs etc behaving unacceptably to regular posters.

Al - you should come over to the FFUK - it's changed quite a bit.

Yeah. It's buzzing.

18. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Well, I've PMed you as requested.

You will hopefully see what I am referring to and that it makes it clearer. CRs are not JC Admin or Mods - they are FF VIPS. They can't ban, they don't have any major powers - they arrange meets. The only difference really between them and us is that they have a CR board, the right to update the meets pages and that nice shade of blue - they can't even underline their names.

19. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Charis, doesn't pm stand for PERSONAL not posted message?

They can't ban, they don't have any major powers - they arrange meets.

Powers are irrelevant. CRs have posting responsibilities like any admin.

The only difference really between them and us is that they have a CR board, the right to update the meets pages and that nice shade of blue - they can't even underline their names.

Wrong. Also part of a CRs responsibility is to promote harmony between fellow posters. To be a good negotiator and promote positive attitude like any poster with colours, as D_A mentioned.

20. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    I didn't put that in the message though. Plus, it felt right to put it here considering how much power you appear to be levelling upon her shoulders, and it gives any lurking Mod the chance to correct me if I'm way off on that opinion.

We have harmony on FFUK and we get on well with our CR. Take a look, there are no arguments on there - not a single insult, backlash, nothing detrimental at all. True it is quieter, but it is very much in harmony.

In this thread, she has not blatantly lied, she has made some good statements of the facts - she had not shown any aggressive behaviour. Has it occurred to you that maybe you are pushing a point that you cannot fully justify on here because the earlier posts all revolve around FFUK internal affairs and most of the readers on the JC obviously do not understand what we are talking about?

21. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    er... Charis.... the FF-UK boards on the JC are not only quiet, they are now weird.

hence why i try to avoid posting there now.

22. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    We have harmony on FFUK and we get on well with our CR. Take a look, there are no arguments on there - not a single insult, backlash, nothing detrimental at all. True it is quieter, but it is very much in harmony.

You also have no posters on FF-UK anymore, because your CR made it impossible for 16 or so regular posters who'd posted there for years to post there anymore.

Plus, it felt right to put it here considering how much power you appear to be levelling upon her shoulders

I think you'll find I said powers are irrelevant, that CRs have the same POSTING RESPONSIBILITIES as any admin.

Has it occurred to you that maybe you are pushing a point that you cannot fully justify on here because the earlier posts all revolve around FFUK internal affairs and most of the readers on the JC obviously do not understand what we are talking about?

Has it occured to you, that you're the one making this about your CR, I was making a point about CRs responsibilities in general.

Has it also occured to you that readers on the JC possibly a) have enough intelligence and perspective to read a point and understand it b) are confused as to why you are constantly defending your CR when the point I have been making is about CRs in general and was in relation to D_A's above post and the initial point in this thread.

Anyone with colours should have people skills, encourage board harmony. Surely you agree with that?

23. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Well, it all adds to variety Garrett :D If every board was the same, it would be pretty bad.

Plus, we are going through some rejigging of the whole thing. As you will notice, we have no regions and are actually planning to get organised and make official Chapters :)

Seeya around Garrett :) Last post on here, gonna stick to the PMs cos it's OT now.

24. Harry_Hill

Harry_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Last post on here, gonna stick to the PMs cos it's OT now.

Translation - You're right, I don't know what I'm talking about, I can't come up with an intelligent reply.

25. The-Dude

The-Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    lmao @ harry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.