main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Recognition (Missing scene from LOTF: FURY)- Jag/Jaina- Angst, Hurt/Comfort- Mutli-post COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CelseteAntola, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Sorry this is late Celsete. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. [face_blush]

You did a fantastic job showing Fel's physical injuries here and the concern that Jaina certainly had for his life.

What I loved most about this was Jaina/Leia working so well together as a team, and the way Jag would look at Jaina and how it brought him comfort.

*melts*

Fantastic job! =D= I can't wait to see what you have for me next.

Kick

2. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Just got finished reading these again, and I've enjoyed them even more the second (OK, maybe third :) ) time around. You've done such a great job with them.

When do we get more?? [face_praying]

3. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    :oops: I feel like such a bad author.... I can't believe so much time has gone by since I posted here last. [face_plain]

Solo_and_fel- Gripping indeed. You had me cringing quite a few times. Well done!
    I like how you kept Jaina just on the edge of becoming a blubbering mess.

Thanks! Reading Fury had me feeling that Jaina's sudden about-face in regards to her emotional health needed a bit more fleshing out. We all understood that Jag's near-miss with death was probably the catalyst, but I really wanted to see that transformation happening.

Thanks for reading!

EmperorFel- NICE!!!

Lovely chapter, my dear.

*bows* Thank you very much! :D

olso3856- I loved this part! It really was well done. Handling Jaina's feelings and Jag's injuries - it wasn't over the top or too dramatic. It was PERFECT. Well done

Thank you! :D I'm glad you enjoyed this bit so much. It was the hardest part for me to write thus far, exactly for the reasons you said it was perfect. I'm really happy to know I pulled it off well. [:D]

And thanks for the PM!

You're welcome! Thanks for reading![face_peace]

carr3107- Wow. Just wow.

[face_blush] :D [face_blush]

Thanks! I must give some kudos to my beta, Piper, since she really helped me to smooth out that particular passage that you quoted.

Thanks for reading!

Kailene- I was so pysched when I saw this. I've been sooo looking forward to more.

I [face_love] enthusiastic readers!! [:D]

Fantastic job, Celsete!!

Thank you so much!!

Poor Jag, your description of his injuries, pain and emotional state had me cringing. So real, but not over the top. And Jaina...as Jag once said "She doesn't learn from words"; it took something like this for her to realize that she has loved Jag all along.

Yeah, the poor guy was pretty beat up all around. In regards to Jaina- exactly. She had a slightly similar moment (or two) in the NJO as well.

Actually she reminds me a bit of myself, since I seem to be the same way sometimes. I swear I need a brick upside the head to start thinking straight sometimes. But I guess it's a good thing, being that it really helped me to get her character.

Wonderful addition to the last part. More soon

Thanks and thank you for reading!! [:D]

JFEL13- Thanks for the PM.

No prob. [face_peace]

Holy Cow! Well done!! Gripping!

Thanks! [face_blush]

I was wincing at Jag's pain (fabulously described!) and touched by their subtle yet clear reactions to each other. Their thoughts, touch, and words were so tender. Really enjoyed this!

That seems to be the general consensus. Poor Jag. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! :)

Thanks for reading!

Kick- Sorry this is late Celsete. I seem to be saying that a lot lately.

No worries. [face_peace] I seem to be going through the same thing myself, so I completely understand.

You did a fantastic job showing Fel's physical injuries here and the concern that Jaina certainly had for his life.

What I loved most about this was Jaina/Leia working so well together as a team, and the way Jag would look at Jaina and how it brought him comfort.

*melts*

Fantastic job! I can't wait to see what you have for me next.

Thanks! [face_blush] :D

You know I couldn't do it without you, though. @};- [:D]

Kailene- Just got finished reading these again, and I've enjoyed them even more the second (OK, maybe third ) time around. You've done such a great job with them.

When do we get more??

Did I mention yet how much I love enthusiastic readers? Well, I do, and here's a [:D] for good measure. :D

DRL has been pretty evil of late, but I have good news. The inroduction of new music into my collection has brought with it the inspiration for the final post of this little ventur

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I've been meaning to read this for awhile now. Sorry I'm just now getting to it, because it's outstanding! =D=

In the end, all she had wanted was to be remembered the way she once was. Her words had struck a chord, forcing Jag to think about who would remember him, if he were to die here as well.

Very good insight into Jag's character here. It's nice to see that the conflict with Alema had this kind of impact on him. After being so focused on destroying her, asking himself "what next?" seems very appropriate when he's finally killed her.

Jaina's face was expressionless as she struggled with the dilemma of telling her mother she didn't know. She reached out with the Force one last time and tried to sense any life on what was left of the asteroid... something... anything.
    Faintly, she could feel Jag's familiar presence and joy filled her heart, a smile spreading across her face. She was about to key the comm and relay the good news- but suddenly, Jag was in... agony.
    Then... darkness.
    Jaina recoiled into herself and unbidden tears sprang into her brown eyes. She swallowed hard against the tightness in her throat, and managed to choke out a reply.
    "Both dead, I think."

Poor Jaina :( Her bond with Jag seems to be letting her down here. How torturous for her.

Regret assaulted Jag next, his spirit blanching under its crushing weight. An ache unlike any other laced through his heart, breaching the very core of his existence. He regretted that he would never have the chance to tell Jaina that he had finally put aside the anger and bitterness that had tainted him for so long. He rued the fact that she would never know that she had helped him to bury those demons. Jaina would never know how she had helped to reshape him, and part of him hoped that he had been able to do something as meaningful for her.

I really like the way you're showing Jag's regrets when faced with death. I guess he's finally realizing what's most important.

And then he knew that he must go on.
    Jag pushed his broken body up from the violently quaking ground.

Go, Jag! =D=

Fel used his last reserves of energy and he pulled himself into the fighter. He braced his legs against the hull, his hands gripping the cockpit opening. Pain erupted in Jag's left leg as it protested the stress he was putting on it. He shifted his weight off the damaged leg and dragged himself into the cockpit, his chest heaving.

Love all the imagery here of Jag dragging himself across the asteroid to get to his ship. It really shows his determination.

The X-wing raced over the asteroid's disintegrating surface, and Jag gladly vectored the fighter away from its nominal atmosphere. In moments he was clear of the rock that had almost become his tomb. The asteroid exploded behind him and became an orb of blinding white light. The shock wave hit the fleeing fighter, causing it to vibrate despite the inertial compensators. Jag cursed his habit of dialing them down, his injured body jostling about in the confined space.

What would Star Wars be without last-second fly-aways from a giant explosion? :D [face_dancing]

Carefully, Jag took a few breaths, trying to cope with the wreck that was his body. His attempt to speak came out more like pained gasps.
    The comm came back to life. "Zekk, is that you?" Leia's worried voice asked.
    Zekk replied in the negative.

Uh-oh, it's one of those perverts who call and all you hear is heavy breathing :p

"Don't worry about it, kid," Han reassured him. "We'll run the numbers for you. You just catch up to us."
    "Will do, sir," he replied. It took everything Jag had to pay attention to what Han was saying to him. He locked his eyes on the data screens.
    "And don't call me sir. I hate that."
    The coordinates to the team's current position started scrolling across the data screen.
    "Understood, sir," Jag replied absently. His shaking fingers punched in the necessary information.

lol!

"Jag?" Jaina's voice came

5. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I'm really liking this. Even though LOTF wasn't my favourite series, this is great. And please PM with updates.

6. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    I jus found this. And I love it. PM with updates? :)

7. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Just found this, and wow. Wow.

Please pm me with updates!

~DLPP

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    This is great! I look forward to more. Love the missing scenes.

9. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Ack! These replies are way overdue!!

YodaKenobi- I've been meaning to read this for awhile now. Sorry I'm just now getting to it, because it's outstanding!

No worries! [face_peace] I'm just glad you enjoyed it!! :D

Very good insight into Jag's character here. It's nice to see that the conflict with Alema had this kind of impact on him. After being so focused on destroying her, asking himself "what next?" seems very appropriate when he's finally killed her.

*nods* Exactly what I had thought. I'm glad it works for you, too!

Poor Jaina Her bond with Jag seems to be letting her down here. How torturous for her.

:( Yeah. I think she'd just closed herself off for so long that there wasn't much of one left anyway...

I really like the way you're showing Jag's regrets when faced with death. I guess he's finally realizing what's most important.

Death can do that to people... :p But, seriously, thanks. This was a really tricky scene to write.

Go, Jag!

That Fel determination really comes in handy sometimes, doesn't it? :D

Love all the imagery here of Jag dragging himself across the asteroid to get to his ship. It really shows his determination.

I'm so glad that the imagery works here! It was hard to find a balance without going overboard...

What would Star Wars be without last-second fly-aways from a giant explosion?

:D I know!

Uh-oh, it's one of those perverts who call and all you hear is heavy breathing

Ugh... *facepalm*

Wow I loved this whole exchange and the way Jaina's helping Jag fight to keep from slipping into unconsciousness so he can make the jump.

[face_blush] Thanks.

Interesting that Jaina seems to sense this

She's opening herself now... I think she's really scared...

Poor guy is probably going into shock or something

*nods* Yeah. :(

Some really terrific descriptions here and throughout the story You're quite the writer.

[face_blush] Thank you!

So close Oh well, I'm sure he'll get a chance to say it later.

*nods* He will. :D

Aw. It's too bad Jag had to get beaten to a pulp for them both to realize this, but I guess it's better late than never.

*is serious* Absolutely.

This is such a great story, Celsete You've done an amazing job of filling in the blanks from Fury, and going into detail on Jag's struggle to survive after killing Alema. It's nice to see how much his point of view changes, almost instantly, after having dealt with the desire of his vengeance for so long.

I love your writing style. Great use of language throughout. Things like Jag's jetpack "stuttering," or Jaina "feathering" her starfighter's drives paint a perfect image and make things very fun to read.

I also like the way you're starting each chapter with relevant quotes from the novels. It helps give some context into what's going on with Jaina and Jag and is very effective.

Thank you so much!!! I'm very appreciative of such thorough feedback! It's so encouraging! [:D] :D :cool:

Anyway, this is tremendous, Celsete I hope you update soon, and can you PM me when you do?

Consider yourself added! :D

tahiriveilax- I'm really liking this. Even though LOTF wasn't my favourite series, this is great. And please PM with updates.

I'm glad it's working for you! :) And you'll be added to the list!

skywalkerlover00- I jus found this. And I love it. PM with updates? :)

Thanks for reading!! And absolutely!!

darkladypurplepencil- Just found this, and wow. Wow.

Please pm me with updates!

:D Thanks! And thank you for replying! You've been added!

FelsGoddess- This is great! I look forward to more. Love the missing scenes.

I'm glad you're enjoying it and thank you for replying!

-----

Well, everyone, after a long hiat

10. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_love]

Awesome News !!! Can't wait !!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy happy wriggles!

Squee!

:*

[face_dancing]

12. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Jade_eyes & Kaliene- You guys are awesome! [face_love] [:D] @};-

And as a reward for your awesomeness, here is the new, and final, post. Thank you everyone for your kind support and encouragement, and most especially for your patience!!

Also, special thanks go out to ThrawnMcEwok for very graciously betaing the last installment. :* [:D]

Enjoy, and thanks again for reading!!

~Celeste

13. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    ?I?m your friend.?

?Are you??

She heaved an exasperated sigh. ?Oh, we?re not having this conversation again.?

?No, we?re not. This is a new one. I?m not asking you to set aside your focus, to distract yourself from training for your next mission. I?m not asking you to roll the chrono back fifteen years to when we were teenagers.? Despite the discomfort, he pulled himself back so he could sit up against the pillows at the head of his bed. "I'm asking you to tell me if I have a place in your life. Someone you'd turn to if you'd ever just acknowledge that you needed some help. Someone you?d miss more than occasionally if he went away.
    Am I your friend??

Knowing the answer he wanted to hear, the answer that would help him get better, Jaina opened her mouth to offer it. Then she shut up again. He deserved better than that. He deserved the truth. She just wasn't sure what the truth was.

It took her long moments to sift out her feelings from the bewildering insulating layer of decisions and codes of conduct she's fabricated for herself. To find it, she had to look past what she had to do and be; she had to find the place where she kept what she
    wanted to do and be.

But she found her answer. ?Yes. I am.?

?Good.? He held out his hand.

She put hers on it.

-Fury, Aaron Allston, Pages 281-282

Consciousness crept over Jagged Fel, just as Endor slowly edged over the treetops, gradually warming his face and wakening the sleeping Sanctuary moon. He kept his eyes closed, and basked in the glow as the sun climbed through the clear morning sky.

Beside him, he could feel the gentle rise and fall of Jaina's chest beneath the arm he had wrapped around her. Her breaths were slow and even, indicating that she was still blissfully asleep for the moment.

He sighed contentedly, hardly believing that he had really lived to see this day. Considering that days ago he had only been a hair's breadth away from death, Jag decided that he couldn't be happier. The night before, Jaina had come to him during his new evening ritual of watching the sunset. She had finally decided what her next step had to be, and came to say good-bye. She was going to search out Boba Fett, have him train her, and then use that training to stop her brother.

It had required an almost superhuman effort to keep his emotions off of his face when she told him of her plans. He reflected, realising that a lot of his initial response was selfishly motivated. How could it not be, having just barely cheated death, miraculously finding that Jaina still wanted him as a friend... and more. He briefly smiled to himself, enjoying her warmth against him for a moment.

Still, he had managed to be supportive and express his concerns at the same time. Jaina, in classic form, had very determinedly allayed his worries... for now. He didn't like the idea of her traipsing off to find one of the Galaxy's most ruthless bounty hunters, but, he admitted to himself, it was what she felt she needed to do. He had to respect that and help her the best he could, difficult though it may be to see her go so soon.

It was the least he could do for the woman he loved.

Jag opened his eyes and looked at Jaina laying beside him. His gaze travelled across her features, appreciative of the peace in her expression. He felt a pang, wishing that he could find a way to ensure that every moment was as still and beautiful as this one. She had seen too much of the evil in the Galaxy; they both had, to be honest, and too much of it had been borne apart from one another. Jag swore to himself that that was going to change now, for good.

In her sleep, Jaina smiled, and Jag couldn't resist the urge to move closer. Very slowly and very gently he placed a kiss on her smooth brow.

"Hmm... I like that," Jaina breathed, her eyes opening to gaze directly into his own.

"Do you now?" he asked, smiling. He raised his hand, and tenderly brushed a few strands of hair from her brow.

"Mmhmm..." she murmured, snuggling closer, her

14. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [*runs into the thread and tacklehugs the first reply to steal it!*]

- The Imperial Ewok

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *scowls at Ewok*

I wouldn't be against seeing these additions appear in Fury. [face_love]

Nice to see some much needed Jag/Jaina intrigue. I think a Zekk/Jag scene during Revelation is probably the best thing next!

Congrats for such an epic little arc!

:D

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Your post flowed seamlessly from the Fury quote right into the missing scene -- but she's not his friend -- she's his soulmate -- duh! :p

Squeelicious and delightful ending!

[face_love]

A beautiful and tender tone!

:D

I will definitely read anything J&J you write in the future.
    :*
    ~~~~
    TM =D= fabulous fill in for the incomparable Pied Piper -- whom I miss to distraction! :_|

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Awwww. Very sweet ending. Love it.

=D=

18. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_love]Beautiful, touching and so sweet. [face_love]

The way it should have been.

Great job with all the missing scenes !=D=

19. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Still, he had managed to be supportive and express his concerns at the same time. Jaina, in classic form, had very determinedly allayed his worries... for now. He didn't like the idea of her traipsing off to find one of the Galaxy's most ruthless bounty hunters, but, he admitted to himself, it was what she felt she needed to do. He had to respect that and help her the best he could, difficult though it may be to see her go so soon.
    It was the least he could do for the woman he loved.

Nah, he probably should have stopped her :p

Jag opened his eyes and looked at Jaina laying beside him. His gaze travelled across her features, appreciative of the peace in her expression. He felt a pang, wishing that he could find a way to ensure that every moment was as still and beautiful as this one. She had seen too much of the evil in the Galaxy; they both had, to be honest, and too much of it had been borne apart from one another. Jag swore to himself that that was going to change now, for good.

That's a tough promise to make. I like Jag's determination here though.

Very sweet scene, Celsete :D I really enjoyed Jag's reflections on what's happening and him dealing with Jaina's decision to go it alone to Mandalore. You made great use of the Fury scene as well.

Great work! =D=

20. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    AW! [face_love]

what a great ending for a great story!

=D=

Great Job! Can't wait to see what you come up with Next!

JJB

21. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    In the door a month late, and melting promptly into a pile of goo. [face_love]

This was beautiful and honestly, would it have killed them to put it in the book? o_O

Fantastic! =D=

CJM

22. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    :oops: Och! These are so overdue!!

McE- [*runs into the thread and tacklehugs the first reply to steal it!*]

Tsk tsk. [face_shame_on_you] You've got to give it back, since you've not replied...

Sinrebirth- *scowls at Ewok*

Now, now. Be nice. ;)

I wouldn't be against seeing these additions appear in Fury.

You'll have to ask Allston about that... :p

Nice to see some much needed Jag/Jaina intrigue. I think a Zekk/Jag scene during Revelation is probably the best thing next!

[face_thinking] That's not a half bad idea...

Congrats for such an epic little arc!

Thanks so much! :D And thanks for reading and replying!

Jade_eyes- Your post flowed seamlessly from the Fury quote right into the missing scene -- but she's not his friend -- she's his soulmate -- duh!

Aye!! I just wish profic would get it right... [face_frustrated]

Squeelicious and delightful ending!

I'm glad you liked it!! :D

A beautiful and tender tone!

I will definitely read anything J&J you write in the future.

Thanks so much! [face_blush]

FelsGoddess- Awwww. Very sweet ending. Love it.

Thanks so much! Thanks for reading and replying!

Kailene- Beautiful, touching and so sweet.

The way it should have been.

Aye. I'm glad you liked it! :)

Great job with all the missing scenes !

Thanks! And thanks for reading and replying!

YK-- Very sweet scene, Celsete I really enjoyed Jag's reflections on what's happening and him dealing with Jaina's decision to go it alone to Mandalore. You made great use of the Fury scene as well.

Thanks! [face_blush]

Great work!

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying!! :D

Jaya_Jag_Ben- AW!

what a great ending for a great story!

*bows* Thank you very much!

Great Job! Can't wait to see what you come up with Next!

Thanks for reading and replying! [:D]

cjm- In the door a month late, and melting promptly into a pile of goo.

:D Need a bucket? ;)

This was beautiful and honestly, would it have killed them to put it in the book?

Thanks! :) And yeah, probably. I'm convinced they're allergic to good characterization...

Fantastic!

Thanks! And thanks for reading and replying!! [:D]

~Celeste

23. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Hello everyone!

This is LONG overdue, but I just wanted to post a BIG thank you to everyone for nominating and voting for Recognition in the Fan Fiction Awards! It's means so much to me, and you guys are all awesome!

Thanks to you Recgonition was nominated for Best Canon and Best Romance, and won for Best Canon!

[face_dancing] [:D] [face_love]

~Celeste

24. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    Congratulations, Celeste. And may I say, well deserved.

25. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    What a great read!
    I love your insights to what went on behind the scenes in the book.
    Thanks for filling in the blanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.