main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Recruitment Must Be Low" - Dear Diary Challenge 2012 -Updated 09/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TrakNar, Jan 1, 2012.

1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Title: Dear Diary Challenge- ?Recruitment Must Be Low?
    Author: Trak Nar
    Characters: Zuckuss, Toryn Farr, 4-LOM, assorted Rebels
    Genre: Drama and action and whatever else may crop up over the course of this entry.

[I]Recruitment Must Be Low[/I]

[B]Datapad user: Zuckuss[/B]
    [B]Open word processor[/B]
    [B]Entry date: 01|01|3ABY[/B]
    [B]Entry language: Gand[/B]
    [B]Entry mode: Written[/B]

First month, first day-

Zuckuss has joined the Rebellion.

Of all the futures he has looked to, of all the things he has seen, of all the decisions he has made over the years throughout the course of his career, he has never, not even once, foreseen this. Granted, in the past, he has done some work for the Rebellion, but he never formally joined it. Due to his contracts with the Empire, he would never do such a thing, and any work with the Rebellion was done at his own peril, lest he incur the Empire?s wrath?which he has done. But, now, here he sits, on the medical frigate, a new member of the Rebel Alliance.

Though, the tradeoff is worth it. The Rebels have given him new lungs. New lungs and a new life. All coinciding with the new galactic year. Quite the fitting time frame, yes? Perhaps it was simply time that Zuckuss considered a new path? due to his failure in the hunt, his death mark from the Nardix affair remains. He would need to hide out for a time, whether or not he was still allied with the Empire, even as they desire his blood.

Zuckuss has joined the Rebellion. He still cannot quite grasp this fact, though he was the one who decided to join. Even 4-LOM cannot grasp this. Multiple times, he has asked Zuckuss why he joined, and Zuckuss has told him; he really could see no other option. He was sick, they failed the hunt, they are now wanted by the Empire? What else are they to do? There is no going back. And the Rebels accepted them without reservation.

Of all the things he saw in the mists concerning that hunt, he did not foresee this. He did not foresee those ninety Rebels that crowded aboard his ship. For that matter? how were they able to crowd aboard? The cargo bay was full, the prisoner cells are small, and the flight deck is rather meager. Yet, ninety Rebels managed to crowd aboard. The trip to Darlyn Boda was perhaps the longest hyperspace trip that Zuckuss has ever taken. It was not the time it took or the distance, per sé, it was the fact that he had several Rebels around him, breathing on him. He could smell them, they breathed in his ear, they whispered to each other behind him. Were they talking about him? One of them kept bumping his pilot?s chair. Another spilled their drink on him! And it was hot caff, right in his lap! Zuckuss just wanted to lock himself in the bathroom for the remainder of that trip?

Something happened during that trip. He had an attack. He showed weakness to the Rebels; his former adversaries. They were surrounding him, and he had an attack. He couldn?t breathe. He felt his chest become tight, and he couldn?t breathe. The mucous rattled in his chest and throat, and he tried to cough it up. But, once he started coughing, he couldn?t stop. The coughing didn?t help; he still couldn?t breathe. He leaned over to open his chest, to force the mucous up, but it didn?t work.

4-LOM thought that there was an oxygen leak, and one of the Rebels, Commander Toryn Farr, tried to help him. She sent for the medical droid. But, the ship was so full! It was hard to maneuver throughout the ship, because there were so many Rebels! It felt like hours. It hurt to cough. Zuckuss couldn?t breathe and he could do nothing about it. Eventually, he did stop coughing. By the time the medical droid got to him, he had stopped. His chest hurt, he was very tired. And he was ashamed as he had shown weakness in front of the Rebels. One shouldn?t show weakness. Zuckuss worked very hard to hide his injuries; to hide his weakness. But, now he was exposed. They saw it. They saw him have an attack. First impressions, and he has revealed himself

Kahara likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Zuckuss appearing and will you do some fanart too?

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sure, why not? I can always use more portfolio pieces and scene sketches oftentimes help me when writing. So, yep, there will be some fanart.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Wrote up another entry. By the way, this takes place pretty much directly after Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM.

[b]Datapad user: Zuckuss[/b]
    [b]Open word processor[/b]
    [b]Entry date: 01|04|3ABY[/b]
    [b]Entry language: Gand[/b]
    [b]Entry mode: Written[/b]

First month, 4th day

The medical droids did some tests on Zuckuss's lungs and gave him some medication that is making him very sleepy and it is difficult to write this. His hand feels like it doesn't want to work correctly. He will need to continue this later. Though, his lung function has [i][illegible][/i] improved!

[b]Elapsed time: 4 hours[/b]

Zuckuss had taken a nap and he feels a bit more rested and is now able to write. His lung function is improving! Soon, he should be discharged, and then after that, he will be cleared to begin training with the Alliance Special Forces. He will receive training as a recon scout and undercover operative. But, the more rigorous training will not take place until he is cleared medically. Right now, he is not.

His thorax is still healing. It is held together with wire. It is quite painfull [i][sic][/i] and he was told that his recovery will be somewhat slow. His lungs may have regrown, but it will take longer for the incision to heal, and until then?no rigorous activity! Zuckuss needs to take it easy and heal, and that means rest.

One of the reasons Zuckuss started a journal; he needed something to do. And what better time to write than while he heals?

He is glad for this, though. He got new lungs. He has his health again. He will live.

Zuckuss will live. he will live a new life. A new life given to him by the Rebel Alliance.

Thank you, Toryn.

[b]Document saved[/b]
    [b]Close word processor[/b]
    [b]Logout user: Zuckuss[/b]
    [hr]

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    This is a very unique character and way of writing their voice! Very creative. PMs please?

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Will do! The problem now will be remembering to send out PMs! XD

Anywho, updated...

[b]Entry date: 01|09|3ABY[/b]

First month, ninth day-

Zuckuss is out of sickbay! He?ll need to return at a later date for the removal of the wire in his thorax and he needs to clean the incision daily, but he is out of sickbay! Still not yet cleared for training, yet. So far, he just has been aiding in the refitting of the [I]Mist Hunter[/I]. We are installing smuggling compartments and there was talk of removing the prisoner cells, which Zuckuss opposed.

Zuckuss uses those cells. And not just for bounty hunting! The cells are air locked. When Zuckuss is transporting willing passengers, he will (reluctantly) fill his ship with oxygen. So, he keeps one cell filled with ammonia, and he will utilize it. He did the same when he was sick?stayed in a cell.

4-LOM disclosed some rather intriguing information to Zuckuss today?4-LOM has been practicing meditation and learning intuition. And he has had visions! He had read the mists and they showed him things! 4-LOM, a droid, is learning to function just like Zuckuss, and he is SUCEEDING! [I][sic][/I] 4-LOM told Zuckuss of his visions, particularly this one:

4-LOM saw himself in a Jedi temple, surrounded by Jedi! 4-LOM! A Jedi! He said it was only a brief glimpse, and he could not discern if he had learned the ways of the Force or was still attempting to learn them. But, it is a possible future.

Zuckuss is proud of 4-LOM. He has no doubt in his mind?4-LOM will succeed and learn the Force. Zuckuss knows that 4-LOM is very determined.

To think, though?4-LOM! A Jedi!

[b]Document saved[/b]

[hr]

7. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I love how Zuckass is so... is innocent the right word? He reminds me a bit about Gollum. I love his amusement about 4-LOM's visions. His thoughts are very interesting. Great update!

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Heh, well, Zuckuss has a bit of a naivete about him, at least that personality does. His other personality is a bit more blunt, more galaxy-weary, but that one comes out in high-stress situations. For the most part, he's a calm, quiet, and polite Gand and naivete in Gands is pretty common, as Ooryl Qrygg is a bit on the innocent side. Considering that a findsman's life on their isolated homeworld is quite insular, to be thrust into the galaxy with little prior knowledge would result in a wide-eyed viewpoint. Like Country Mouse and City Mouse.

Anywho, new entry!

[b]Entry date: 01|12|3ABY[/b]

Oh goodness, if only the doctor had warned Zuckuss proper about that one overlooked consequence of surgery and medication?the gas! They did not warn him about the gas! He feels like an over-inflated balloon and the feeling had only become worse since he has been active. The gas! Oh, mists of the homeworld, it is incredibly uncomfortable. He has been trying to relieve it, but he is not yet permitted to do rigorous exercise, and any stress on his thorax hurts.

And let us not forget that embarrassing consequence of passing gas! Zuckuss apologizes for his vulgarity, he is sincerely sorry. If he could control it, he would. Though, he will admit that he feels a bit better with each passing!

Earlier today, Zuckuss was assisting with the refitting of the [I]Mist Hunter[/I], what little he is allowed to do. He had bent to lift a light-weight parcel and the movement caused him to pass some gas. And in the docking bay, it echoed! Like a kloo horn! Zuckuss was embarrassed and he excused himself to the bathroom. He almost didn?t want to come out for his flagrant display of crudity, but one of the Rebels, a nice young Bothan named Fo?rev Caspe?on assured Zuckuss that no one would hold it against him, that they understood why Zuckuss has so much gas. Zuckuss returned to work and was advised to just oversee the work, as some fear that he may pull a stitch.

Next week, he is scheduled for an exam, which may result in the removal of his stitches. He should meditate on that, find out when he will be permitted to return to his normal activities and begin training with the Special Forces. Hopefully, the mists will tell him soon?Zuckuss is getting quite restless!

[b]Document saved[/b]

[hr]

9. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    ...and gassy, I bet!

Hooray for fart jokes! :D

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Heh. Well, this is a diary, and private thoughts go into a diary, and that includes laments about one's bowels and? OOH! FAN ART!

[image=http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1529/welcometotherebellion.jpg]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you are getting inside his character and the fanart=D==D= with the humor

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This is a VERY interesting view into an unexplored character. Very well done!

13. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Poor guy! I love how embarrassed he is about the situation, but some others helped him feel better about it. Funny update!

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Heh, thanks. I think that was the first time I've ever written anything about gas at any length. Hey, can't hurt to experiment with writing about weird subjects! XD

Anywho, update for the mini challenge: "Weird Weather"

[b]Entry date: 01|19|3ABY[/b]

Zuckuss was in the weight room, earlier today. He has been exercising to rebuild his strength and stamina. He still has his stitches but they will be removed next week. Until then, he is permitted to gradually return to his normal activities as tolerated. Soon, he will be permitted to begin training with the Special Forces.

Something rather amusingly strange happened today?it rained.

Inside!

Zuckuss was using the treadmill and chatting with Toryn Farr when it started to rain! We quickly took refuge in the change room, in a shower stall, where it was not raining! Toryn was soaken [i][sic][/i] wet and she looked chilled, so Zuckuss braved the indoor downpour to retrieve his cloak from his locker, which he let Toryn cover herself with. Toryn was worried that Zuckuss?s stitches may have gotten wet, but Zuckuss assured her that they were dry.

The rain continued for a minute more or so. It was revealed to be a sprinkler malfunction caused by an errant ball in one of those small, enclosed ball courts! It set off the system for the entire exercise area! Toryn and Zuckuss laughed about it?rain was the absolute last thing we expected to encounter out here in space!

[b]Document saved[/b]

15. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Awwww, that is so cute! Must've been a bit tense, the two of them alone in the shower, soaking wet...

16. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    :D That is a funny image, the sprinkler system going off on them. I love that he thought it was rain! Great update.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Heh, well, Zuckuss has a habit of using metaphor, much to 4-LOM's irritation, who can't properly decipher what Zuckuss is saying... and lets him know that. Hm... those two argue like an old married couple. I should incorporate that into a diary entry sometime...

And speaking of entries, here's a belated one.

[b]Entry date: 01|29|3ABY[/b]

Zuckuss had an examination today and his stitches have been removed! It was a bit of a painfull [I][sic][/I] process, but he is glad that they are out. He had stitches the length of his sternum?his thorax had to be cracked open for his operation. But, his stitches are out! And soon, within a few days, he will be cleared to begin training!

Zuckuss?s lung function was also assessed, and aside from some chest congestion, he is fully recovered! His lungs are healed! Without the need to clone them! To be honest, Zuckuss was starting to doubt if this day would ever come. Since he had gotten hurt, and since he was unable to raise funds for a transplant, he was preparing himself to die. And when he had that attack on the [I]Mist Hunter[/I], he was preparing himself, in case he would not make it to the rendezvous point.

Now, though, Zuckuss will live. He will live a new life with new lungs.

But, first, he must sleep, as his medicine for the chest congestion is making him very sleepy.

[b]Document saved[/b]

[hr]

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That's great, Zuckuss! :D

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see you recovering Zuckuss

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well done; easy to read and easy to like.

21. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I don't know if you meant to make me smile, but I did. He will live!...but first he will sleep. I found that quite funny. Glad he's feeling better and ready for a new adventure! Great update.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, that was unintentional, but hey. XD

Anywho, got off my butt and decided to post an entry. I'm working on cutting back on the posting schedule, possibly once a week at most. The problem is, I've gotten into a bit of a habit of actually hand-writing these entries every day! And now, I need to break that habit and determine a proper updating schedule. At least this one I don't need to analyze the entries as I type them up.

And now that Zuckuss is all better and ready to join his Rebel peers... he's gotta learn proper procedure in regards to disclosing top-secret information in his own journal. Among other things prior to the nitty-gritty of his new Rebel status...

[b]Entry date: 02|04|3ABY[/b]

If there is one thing that aggrivates [I][sic][/I] Zuckuss more, it is when people talk down to him. He does not quite understand why they do so, but oftentimes, he has dealt with others who would speak to him as if he were a human child, or even mentally deficient!

Earlier today, Zuckuss was filling out some flimsiwork prior to his training and assignments with the Alliance. The supervisor was a former Imperial administrator, whom Zuckuss was introduced to at an earlier date when he was discharged from sickbay. The supervisor was to help Zuckuss with the required flimsiwork, as Zuckuss's Basic literacy skills were described as "functional." However, during that session, the supervisor talked down to Zuckuss. Treated him as if he could not read at all, and as if he were completely unable to comprehend anything that was asked of him!

Suffice to say, that attitude gave Zuckuss the irates! [i][sic][/i]

However, he did not protest to the attitude and ignored it as best as he could, as to cause a scene otherwise would not be very becoming of his newfound Rebel status. He filled out his flimsiwork with little difficulty (some of the print was small and hard to read) and he left the office, with orders to meet with General Madine aboard the [hl=black][color=black][REDACTED][/color][/hl].

[b]Document saved[/b]

[hr]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update and yes there are people:mad: like that everywhere

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    This entry was done for a SWFanon mini-challenge. Yep, we're thinking Valentine's Day over there, too.

[b][Datapad user: Zuckuss][/b]
    [b][Open word processor][/b]
    [b][Entry date: 02|08|3ABY][/b]
    [b][Entry language: Gand][/b]
    [b][Entry mode: Written][/b]

What could have been a bad thing ended up being surprisingly good today. An inconvenience with a surprise ending!

Zuckuss and Toryn Farr were in the turbolift of the [hl=black][color=black][REDACTED][/color][/hl], on our way to meet with [hl=black][color=black][REDACTED][/color][/hl] concerning [hl=black][color=black][REDACTED][/color][/hl]. While ascending to [hl=black][color=black][REDACTED][/color][/hl], the turbolift shuddered to a sudden stop. Toryn hit the controls, but nothing happened. We were stuck! Toryn looked to Zuckuss and said that we will simply need to wait it out. So, we stood there for a few minutes, in silence, not sure what to do or say.

Toryn turned to face Zuckuss, and for some reason, got very close to him, and she traced his mask with the tip of her finger. We looked at each other for a long moment, and Zuckuss said that he is reminded of when we were hiding out in the shower stall when the sprinkler system malfunctioned. Toryn laughed and told Zuckuss to hold his breath, which he did. Then, Toryn removed Zuckuss's mask and kissed him!

Zuckuss was shocked! But, he returned the affections. It is only the proper thing to do, after all! He put his arms around Toryn's waist, and then the turbolift jerked and started to move. We quickly parted and Zuckuss put his mask back on. Once the turbolift stopped, we got out and went to our meeting with [hl=black][color=black][REDACTED][/color][/hl], without another word as to what had transpired.

Zuckuss is really starting to like his new career very much!

[b][Document saved][/b]
    [b][Close word processor][/b]
    [b][Logout user: Zuckuss][/b]

[hr]

25. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Aww, somebody likes him! His unhappiness at being talked down to is also very poignant. His innocent way of describing things makes me smile. Great updates!