main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Flight - NJO - Author comment 5/4/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RebelMom, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Excellent ending, Mommy! Love the mush... and the last line is perfect. :)

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! It's sad that this one is ending, but I LOVED the ending line about Helaine being home. Very nice. I enjoyed the conversation between all the people. I especially laughed at the comment about Wedge spiking the punch(or whatever ;) ) Awesome! :D

3. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Yay!!!There's going to be a sequeal right?

*waves hand*

'must make sequeal'

I loved the ending!!It was perfect.

~JJF

4. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Nice ending.

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Very nice ending RM. Congrats! :)

6. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    That was an awesome story, RebelMom!! I'm impressed!

7. Rima

Rima Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    Perfect ending...

I love Mara's description of the propsal (It's ok I use it in my sig, right?)

I'm curious... what was Mara upset about when Jania described Jag's proposal?

8. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    WOW! Nicely done, RM! You've got Mara's character down perfect. I think Tim Zahn himself would be impressed. :)

I like the idea of a Jedi museum in the New Republic. Something someone should've done long ago. :)

9. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Awww, no more??? :_|

But for what it was...

YAHOO!!!! :D

Absolutely superb. :) It made me smile to see that good use had been made of Mara's discovery, that it wasn't just going to wind up sitting in the temple basement collecting dust. Need I add, the give-and-take between Luke and Wedge was priceless. ;)

This was truly a terrific story. Excellent action, spellbinding highs, hairraising lows, creamy middles... ;) But you know what saddens me? Between this, Sache's Beru fic, and "Shadows...", all the good stories are being finished. :(

Ah, well. All good things must come to an end.

PS - If you ever want to take Taren's murder into another storyline, feel free to use Ray as the primary investigator. ;)

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    padawan Lunetta: Thanks sweetie. You can pack up the thumbscrews.
    Jade Skywalker: It took me a long time to get the conversation written. I'm not much of a conversationalist so it was hard. ;)
    JediJaina Fel: There is a sequel but not written by me. Melyanna and Padawan Lunetta are writing one. **coming soon**
    Jacen200015: Thank you.
    Mariah: Thanks.
    Cheveyo: *blushes* Thank you.
    Rima: Sure, go ahead. Mara was thinking about Baron Fel and his plans during the hand of Thrawn. She didn't like his idea to shoot them and make them go into healing trances. So she doesn't like Fel much.
    wompy: Thanks. I figured it would be good to share the artifacts. palpy's museum was a bit morbid.
    Seb: Thanks. I like Ray too. Unfortunately, I'm not going to solve Taren's murder. Her Luneyness is working on that. :)

Thanks to everyone for sticking with me during the long delays. One of these days, I'll actually write a story completely before posting. And if you believe that I've got a bridge for sale. ;)

11. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Lovely, RM!

"After I said yes, I got to blow something up!"

LOL

12. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    RM This was a phenomenal story.

I would love to read more of The Adventures of Ben Skywalker
    [face_mischief] ;) :)

~Lelila~

13. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks Emily and Lelila. Ben is fun to write. Working with children gives me lots of fodder. My sunday school class were in our christmas play at church today. They were sufficiently cute. :)

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks to all who nominated Ben for Male Child in the Fanfic awards. Please let me know your favorite Ben scene so I can submit it.

15. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I guess asking a question when no one is around is kind of silly. I chose a scene myself. Actually, I got to pick 2 scenes. This story was nominated for 2 categories:
    ?Red Flight? for ?Readers? Choice Beyond the Saga Completed Story ? ROTJ/NJO?
    ?Ben? in ?Red Flight? for ?Readers? Choice Male Child?

Again, I thank all my readers - known and unknown. I appreciate your support.

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I just read this so i understood more about stuff in Lunetta and Mely's sequal to shadows of the past..

as usual RM great job!
    :)

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks Jade51999. I hope this was helpful in understanding the references in the girls' story.

18. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    Just finished this and I loved it. Great job RM. Ben was so adorable. I loved every scene with him. My favorite part is without a doubt when Luke snuck up on Troy. I always love it when Luke is allowed to kick butt. And of course I loved the mush in all it's mushy glory. :)

19. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks Joy Noel. Sorry for taking so long to acknowledge you. My notification ran out.

I wanted to thank those who voted for this story in the fanfic awards. I was runner-up to myself (how weird is that?) in :
    Readers? Choice Beyond the Saga Completed Story ? Post-ROTJ/NJO
    Winner -- ?Mirror Manifest? by RebelMom
    Runner-Up -- ?You Don?t Bring Me Flowers Anymore? by Amidala_Skywalker and ?Red Flight? by RebelMom
    Third Place -- ?You Did What?!? by Jade_Max, ?Maelstrom? by rogue11lovesjag, and ?Getting Over It? by val solo

and I tied for first in:
    Readers? Choice Male Child
    Winner -- ?Luke Naberrie/Skywalker? in ?Coming Home? by JediGaladriel and ?Ben? in ?Red Flight? by RebelMom
    Runner-Up -- ?Ben Kenobi Lenor? in ?Stars in the Darkness? by Arwyn_Whitesun
    Third Place -- ?Luke Organa? in ?And the Children Shall Lead? by Mcily_Nochi

Mirror Manifest is in the archives.

Thanks again.

20. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Congrats RM! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.