main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Flight - NJO - Author comment 5/4/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RebelMom, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    "Forget the Present, Just Give Him the Box" isn't part of the Neverending Solo Kids Saga, of which this is a spinoff. I believe the story that was left out was Kyrie Eleison, a story about Jag Fel before the Vong war.

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Jedi Liz: Glad to see you here. Nope as Mely said this story isn't connected to my RR.
    Mely: Got one of your fav scenes up next to finish off Ch. 1.

A light breeze rustled the leaves on the ch'hala tree. Brightly colored winged insects fluttered about, occasionally landing on the huge blossoms lining the pathway. A tall figure clad in a mottled green and brown jumpsuit pressed closer to the manicured shrubbery of the Temple Maze. The sound of pebbles being crushed beneath booted feet drew her attention and her dark eyes searched in the direction of the noise. Something grabbed hold of her braid and she reflexively swung around to hit the offender but only managed to break few branches as her fist landed in the shrub. Her target had ducked.

"Jacen! That's not fair. I'm the one practicing hiding my presence," Nadia Montaigne scolded.

Flashing the famous Solo grin, Jacen replied, "All is fair in love." He leaned over and kissed her.

Though she was savoring the kiss, Nadia was irritated that Jacen kept finding her. Every time he found her, he kissed her. The kissing didn't bother her; the finding did. She had been working hard on masking her presence and wanted to be successful. Well, two could play at this game. "And war," she exclaimed as she pushed him to the ground.

Startled at her reaction, Jacen looked up at her with sad brown eyes. Then, a feral grin split his face. "You're on, Princessness. I bet you dinner that you can't find me."

Pulling her black hair over her shoulder, she began to re-braid it. "If I find you, you will take my kitchen duties for the next week."

Jacen jumped up and brought his face close to hers. "Deal!" With another kiss, he ran off down the pathway.

His presence vanished just as he turned the corner. Nadia took a deep breath, centering herself in the Force. Instead of pulling her presence in, she began to push out and search for Jacen. Her Master had asked her to practice shielding but Jacen's ease at finding her was getting annoying. She needed to find him for once.

After half an hour, Jacen's presence was still far from her. Nadia turned the corner in the Maze and began to look under the bushes. This is ridiculous. Centering herself once more, she calmed herself and searched again. Still nothing. At least he hasn't jumped out and kissed me yet. Her eyes widened and her smile grew as she suddenly had an idea of how to find him. Going to the Jacen part of her mind, she thought about wanting to kiss him, passionately kiss him. It didn't take long before she felt his muffled reaction. "Gotcha," she muttered softly.

Jacen realized immediately that he had lost. Nadia came around the corner, her beautiful face full of excitement at having located him. Jacen sighed. "That was sneaky, your highnessness."

"All is fair in love and war, your Jediness."

Jacen cocked his head. "Jediness? That's a new one, your Worship."

"Well, you have all those names for me. I have to come up with something for you."

"It still doesn't change the fact that you cheated."

"Oh, shut up and kiss me."

Complying with her wishes, Jacen cupped her face with his hands, capturing her lips with his. She deepened the kiss, pulling him closer and putting her arms around his neck. Then she heard music. Music? Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her comlink. "Nadia here."

"Sorry to interrupt, but I need to speak with you," Mara said.

Nadia flushed slightly, giving Jacen a little nudge. "You're not interrupting anything, Master. Where should I meet you?"

"My quarters as soon as possible please. And Nadia?"

"Yes, Master?"

"Say hello to Jacen for me."

End Ch. 1.

3. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    LOL! "Say hello to Jacen for me." That was great. :D

Good post. Though I particularly like that variation of hide and seek. ;)

4. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Wow- Jacen got the girl? You don't see that often! Its nice to see him happy and not a whiny sap complaining about everything.

Maybe I should start playing that varaition of hide and seek with my boyfriend... :p

5. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Loved it, as usual, Mom.

Jaded, I figured that most of Jacen's problems could be solved by a strong woman... So I gave him one. ;)

6. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Lol! "Strong women... they'll get you every time." ;)

Truly a sweet training exercise/game. And I loved Mara's reaction to it. There are probably many occasions for embarassment when training your nephew's girlfriend. :D

~Marie

7. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Hmmm.
    Womprat: I thought that was how it is played. ;)
    Jaded Skywalker: I don't really like the NJO Jacen (except for one scene in a cantina where some bad guys want to collect his bounty). I actually liked the Young Jedi Knights Jacen - the joker.
    Mely : Glad you still like it. :D
    MarieJadewalker: Embarrassing the girlfriend? Funny you should mention that...

Here's another post.

Chapter 2: The Padawans

Nadia hurried to the Skywalker's quarters. In front of the door, she stopped to smooth her hands over her outfit. Satisfied with her appearance, she knocked.

"Come in, Nadia."

The door slid open and she walked over the threshold. The room appeared empty at first, but Nadia soon noticed Mara sitting on the floor behind the couch. "Master?"

Mara stood up, picking up Ari who was crawling on the floor near her. "Have a seat. I'll be right with you."

Nadia sat on the couch. She watched as Mara left the room, only to return a few minutes later. Nadia wasn't sure why Mara had left in the first place until she noticed the cracker that Ari was chewing on.

Keeping Ari in her arms, Mara sat down next to Nadia. "The reason I asked you here was to tell you about the trip we will be taking."

"Trip?" Nadia asked. "Where?"

Mara pulled a datapad out of her pocket and handed it to her apprentice. "Cilpar. This will tell you a little about the planet and the reason we are going there."

Scrolling through the data, Nadia scanned the information. "Jedi artifacts? These are an important find. I can't wait to see them."

"Neither can I. Ben will be coming and I'm going to ask Mirax to accompany us. She's got the expertise we need. The trip will also give us ample training time, both on board ship and planetside."

Nadia attempted to hand the datapad back to Mara, but she shrugged it off. "Keep it. I want you study the information."

Smiling, Nadia replied, "Always know your environment. Got it."

Ari squealed drawing Nadia's attention. Her eyes focused on the child and an amused look spread on her face.

Not noticing her apprentice's expression, Mara continued, "We'll be leaving tomorrow. I'll let you know the time after I talk with Mirax." When no response came, Mara looked directly at Nadia, noticed her smile, and followed her gaze to Ariella. The one-year-old had smeared soggy cracker all over her face and the front of her shirt. "Ari really enjoys her food. I better go change?"

"Mommy! Go peepee," Ben yelled as he ran into the room.

"Perhaps I should go now, Master." Nadia stood in preparation to leave.

Ben saw her and went over to her. Grabbing her hand, he looked up and smiled. "Nady stay."

With her free hand, Nadia mussed his hair and was about to sit down again, when Ben said, "Go peepee."

"Do you need a dry diaper, Ben?" she asked.

He frowned. "Ben big boy."

"Yes, I know you're a big boy. Do you want me to change your diaper?"

Mara decided to end Nadia's slight confusion. "We're training him to use the refresher."

Realization hit Nadia and her expression grew horrified. "But I don't know anything about that, Master."

"I can take Ben. Would you take care of Ari for me?" Mara asked.

Nadia was relieved. "Sure." She reached for Ari, but Ben didn't let go of her hand.

"Nady help Ben!" He started to drag her towards the refresher.

Mara hid her smile. "It will be okay Nadia. There are some targets on the shelf."

"Targets?"

"A target for him to shoot."

Nadia and Ben disappeared into the refresher and Mara no longer hid her smile. Heading down the hallway, she went to the nursery and began to clean up Ari. Using a damp cloth, Mara wiped up her daughter's face. Then, Luke came into the room.

"I could have taken Ben. Why'd you want me to stay in the kitchen?"

Pulling a new shirt over Ari's head, Mara replied, "I wanted to give Nadia a heavy dose of reality."

"She sees our kids all the time."

"Not like this. Think of it as a cheap method of birth control."

"Mara, just because Jacen and Nadia are getting serio

8. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    I saw that last line and at first I thought it said "Luney" not "Lainey." LOL!

Good post. Liked the "target practice." *snicker*

9. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Well, Womprat sometimes Luney and Lainey are interchangeable. ;)

10. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Because Lainey is looney? Or are you saying Lainey is a "Mary-Sue"? ;) It probably just means she and Luney-dearest have a lot in common. :D At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing our favorite padawan-formerly-without-a-memory. ;)

BTW, I loved the post. Nadia (Nady) is funny with the kids, but Mara's line to Luke was the best, "Think of it as a cheap method of birth control." Lol! Should be effective. :)

~Marie

11. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Excellent story, I've just printed the 2nd chapter for tomorrow. I can't wait to read it.

12. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Bens going?!?!?!?

Thats not the decision i would have made...but itll make it fun to read! :D

Yay! LUNEY!!! Yay!

13. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I didn't wait until tomorrow to read the post. (My son had a dentist visit)
    [face_laugh] Target practice... been there, done that, got the wet T-shirt from that. It will be very interesting to have Ben on this adventure.

14. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    interesting.

15. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Very good. Definately written by a Mom. :)

16. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Luney and Lainey being much alike... Hmmm.... depened on Lainey's mood ;) Great posts Mummy... Jacen and Nadia really need a chaperone in your hands ;)

17. JadedofMara

Sep 16, 2001
    Lol! Luney....i meant in my post to write "yay! Lainey! yay!" but i wrote "yay, Luney, yay" instead! Freudian slip, dont you think?

18. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I was gone all weekend and work is hectic so I'll reply to all your responses later. For now a post:

"Mom! We're home!" announced Jysella as she burst through the door.

Not even glancing up from the datapad she was reading, Mirax replied, "Really? Could have fooled me?"

"Moooommm," Jysella whined.

Mirax looked at her daughter. "Whaaaatttt?"

"Didn't you miss me?"

Putting down the datapad, she walked to Jysella and hugged her. "Of course, I missed you. I always miss you."

Jysella sighed. "Good. Just checking. Can I go to my room now?"

"Yes, I'll call you when it's time for dinner."

Running off, Jysella bumped into her father who had just entered the room. Without looking up, she said, "Sorry, Dad." Then she disappeared into her room.

Corran took off his Jedi robe, tossing it onto the couch before he pulled his wife into a tight embrace. "What about me? Did you miss me?"

Mirax kissed him. "Maybe."

He cocked an eyebrow. "Just maybe?" His mouth claimed hers, kissing her passionately.

"Okay, I missed you a lot," she said breathlessly, pulling him back into a kiss.

Helaine Trillium walked past the kissing couple and sat down in the chair vacated by Mirax. At one time, such displays of affection would have embarrassed her. Not anymore with the Horns. She had been with them for around a year and a half and was used to them. It was like having a family, a real family. Picking up the datapad lying on the table, Helaine began to scroll through the data.

Breaking from the kiss, Corran smiled warmly at his wife. "You sure know how to greet a husband. Maybe I should go out and come back in so you can greet me again."

"Sorry, Corsec. I want you to help me get the dinner ready."

"Oh joy."

Mirax smacked his arm. "I could have you do the whole thing yourself."

"No thanks, I'll be?" Corran stopped when he felt Lainey's shock through the Force. He moved away from the confused Mirax and walked over to his padawan. "Lainey?"

The young brown haired girl was sitting on the chair, her blue eyes fixed on a datapad. She was muttering "Master" and "lightsaber". She didn't seem to hear Corran.

"Lainey," he repeated. "Can you hear me? Are you okay?" He grabbed hold of her shoulder and gently shook her.

The motion got her attention. Blinking a few times, Lainey turned her sad eyes towards her Master and lifted up the datapad. "The lightsaber. It's my old Master's."

Corran looked at the picture and saw a holo of an old lightsaber. "That saber belonged to Master Lanelle Caine?"

"Yes."

"Where did this datapad come from?"

Mirax came over and answered, "Mara brought it over. Karrde gave them this manifest of Jedi artifacts available from a dealer on Cilpar. She wanted me to go with her."

"When do we leave?" Lainey stood up. "We have to get Master Caine's lightsaber."

Mirax shook her head. "We're not going. I already have another appointment that I can't break."

"Master?" Lainey asked, her eyes pleading.

Corran flinched under her gaze. "I'm sorry. I can't go either. I'm helping the NRI with a case right now."

"Oh." Lainey paused, then sat down again, and continued to scan the manifest.

An idea came to Mirax and she whispered to Corran. His eyes widened, and a grin appeared on his face. "You're a genius."

"I'll call Mara. Be right back."

Corran turned his attention to his dejected apprentice. "Lainey. I think you'll have a chance to get that lightsaber after all."

Her ears perked at his words. "Really? How?"

"I'll let you know after I talk with Mirax. Wait here." He patted her knee and went to join Mirax at the com station.

"?idea, Mirax. I want to speak with her first."

"Sure, Mara. I'll send her right over."

"Goodbye Mirax." Mara disappeared from the screen.

Corran didn't wait for Mirax to say anything and hurried back to the living room.

Lainey could feel his excitement. Keeping her stoic expression, she stood up and asked, "Master?"

"Mirax spoke with Master Skywalker. She'd like to speak to you about the ar

19. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Hee, hee, hee! Jacen and Nadia got caught... How cute!

The scene with Mara, Nadia and Ben was hysterical!

I can't wait to see what happens with Lainey and the artifacts...

Keep up the good work!

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Oooh! I like the connection of the artifacts to Lainey. Maybe she'll find something of her own? At any rate, I think you pull of Luney's OC quite nicely.

The Corran/Mirax mush was very nicely done: understated, sweet, classic Rebel Mom. :)

~Marie

21. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I like how everything is intertwined! Now this is a story arc folks. See various authors can create a story that links a major plot and keep the characters lifelike. Not like another series I can think of.

22. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Good post. Like Lainey's intro. And Corran.... uh...... just his being in there. ;)

23. JadedofMara

Sep 16, 2001
    Great post....i really wnat to see what happens now! so laineys going...when are they leaving? POOOOOOST!!!

24. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Eentersting, I wonder how the trip will go? :D Yes Marie, Mummy is handling Lainey quite well :)

25. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    So sorry for the delay. Things have been hectic.
    Marie Jadewalker: Yep, kids aren't cute all the time. Please - no Mary sues. I try hard not to do them.
    Admiral Lelila: :)
    Jaded of Mara: that's why he's going. ;)
    Jacen200015: Trying to be.
    MariahJade: I like to write about reality. ;)
    padawan Lunetta: I'm a good chaperone, trust me.
    Jaded of Mara: I've almost typed Luney several times in the story. I've caught most of them.
    Jadesaber: Thanks. Can't let Jacen and Nadia get too cocky. ;)
    Marie Jadewalker: I don't write much Corran and I'm always worried I'll do him wrong. But I do know that he's very mushy with Mirax.
    ProfDeKirk: Thanks.
    wompy: I knew you'd like that.
    Jaded of Mara: Soon.
    Padawan Lunetta: Glad to hear that. :)

Story Time

Ben Skywalker sat on the floor of the playroom, positioning his action figures. The Kashyyyk playset came with trees and Wookiees. Ben had built his own tree city, and was currently have his Wookiee climb the tree. Anakin Solo watched his cousin from the chair Ben had ordered him to sit in. The younger Solo had tried to help with construction, but Ben wanted to build his city by himself. Ben jammed his Wookiee into the top of the tree and then crawled over to Anakin.

"Ankin, play krakna!" Then he pulled on Anakin's pants leg and growled.

Pretending to be afraid, Anakin moved his feet off the floor. "Oh, no. It's a water monster."

Ben growled louder, then laughed as Anakin somersaulted away, landing on the other side of the room. "Krakna coming, Ankin!"

Crawling fast, Ben reached Anakin's position, only to suddenly be picked up and tossed over the older boy's shoulder. "I caught the krakna!"

Ben giggled with delight. "Down, Ankin."

After Anakin set Ben on the ground, he squatted and announced, "I'm the krakna now."

Ben squealed and ran for the climbing toy. Down on all fours, Anakin began to growl. Occasionally, he'd grab for Ben who'd jump away just in time. "Can't get me!" he laughed as Anakin growled again.

A small durasteel X-wing model lay on the top of the climbing toy. Ben picked it up. Holding it in his hand, he began to glide it through the air. Ben made whistling noises, then shooting sounds. "Jaya save Ben!" He threw the starfighter hard at Anakin's head.

"Ow!" Anakin rubbed his head as he grabbed for the object that hit him.

Anakin looked at the X-Wing and realized that it shouldn't be in the playroom. Angry that someone would be so foolish as to allow a dangerous toy to be in the reach of a toddler, his voice took on a stern edge. "Where did you get this?" He held up the starfighter.

Anakin's tone frightened Ben and he began to cry. Realizing his mistake, Anakin soothed his cousin. "It's okay, Ben."

Having heard the crying from the corridor, Lainey rushed into the playroom. She saw Anakin holding an X-Wing in one hand, trying to comfort Ben with the other. There was a small spot of blood on the plane. "Anakin! How could you let him play with that?"

Anakin spun around at her words. "I didn't."

Lainey pushed by him and took Ben into her arms. "Where does it hurt, sweetie?"

"I want Mommy," Ben cried.

Snuggling him close, Lainey said, "I'll take you to Mommy." Then she glared at Anakin. "You should know better than to let a two year old play with a durasteel toy! Bad idea, Anakin."

"But?"

Ben sniffled. "Bad Ankin."

The crying had stopped as soon as Lainey took Ben out into the corridor. After begging her to put him down, he ran down the hall. She never lost sight of him; his short legs didn't get him too far ahead of her. The door to his suite opened as soon as he reached it. Lainey walked in with him.

"Hello, Little Jedi," greeted Mara, scooping up her son.

"Mommy! Lainey here," announced Ben, pointing to the brown haired Padawan.

From the kitchen, Luke called, "Ben. Want a snack?"

Squirming from his mother's arms, Ben dropped to the floor and rushed to the kitchen. Mara turned her attention to her guest. Gesturing her head towards a chair, Mara said, "Hav

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.