main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Flight - NJO - Author comment 5/4/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RebelMom, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
  2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Wompy: You don't? ?
    Mighty Green Midget: She did but alas she was awaken ;-)
    Luney: When you asked for a Lainey dream you didn't say what kind of dream. You know how I love to torture characters.
    MariahJade: The forbidden guy is in Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten written by padawan lunetta. The link is on page 1 .
    Jadesaber: I stopped there cause I felt like it. ;-)

I'm working on the next chapter. Unfortunately, that was the last of the prewritten/betaed material. I got darth writers block and darth real life after I started posting so I don't have a backlog of material. Sorry. I should have something later this week.

3. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Well I know very little 'bout Lainey, since I haven't been reading luney's story. That's why I said that.

4. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, That makes sense then. You do realize that you need to start reading Luney's story don't you? ;)

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    That doesn't account for me, who is reading Luney's story still not being sure. Maybe it is just too many characters for me to keep track of. :)

6. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah she does have a lot of characters in her story. I'm keeping mine minimal so I don't get too confused writing. ;)

7. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Luney? Lots of characters? That's like saying her plots are complicated!

;)

8. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    lol, Mel. ;) I can't imagine Luney's stories having either many characters or many plots.

R_M, First, I'm sorry for being behind. But I've had a lot of fun catching up! I loved the kiss Nadia and Jacen had right before leaving -- and the way she can't shield her emotions for or from him. ;) It's good to see Nadia and Lainey/Helaine bonding, I definitely think they're good influences on each other. They'll make quite a team. :) (What's that thing Han says about strong women again? :p)

As for Lainey's dream, I loved it. Her feelings for Armand and the turmoil they're causing her is portrayed beautifully. Now I have to try to figure out what blonde girl it was that she'd have dreamed he was kissing. Danyelle? No, wait, that was Jag. ;)

I really love this story arc and the way you're overlapping each other's characters. I think RM is doing a beautiful job with both Mel's and Luney's OCs.

~Marie

PS: Mel, thanks for the explanation of the engagement saber; I think it's really cute. So Jacen never really owned it, he was just the vessle to give it to Nadia so then she trained under Mara, the previous owner, right? ;) I wonder who Nadia's apprentice will be? (Ben would be too much younger, wouldn't he?)

9. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I loved the dream, RebelMom. It was so sweet. Finally she can move on from the Old Jedi Order, and go back to the "Forbidden one". Great! :D

10. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I figure I should give an update. But first the replies.
    Melyanna: I'm in awe of her ability to keep everybody straight.
    Marie Jadewalker: Glad to see you back. I thought I scared you away. I figured I needed to flesh out the characterizations of Lainey and Nadia since they are OCs. They needed to bond in order to survive the mayhem I have planned for them. Mara is a known entity so I didn't focus much on her in that last chapter. She figures much more prominently in the upcoming chapters.
    Jade Skywalker: It was fun to write that dream. Luney had asked for one and that's what she got. ;-)

As for the next chapter: I'm working on it as I type. It is almost finished and then it will go to the betas. As soon as I hear from them, I'll update.

IN the beginning of this story I just posted one or two scenes at a time. Then I posted a half chapter. Would you prefer lots of little posts or larger ones? In my last story, I posted a chapter at a time. Let me know. Thanks.

11. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    I don't care how you space it out, as long as we get it in fairly (and I use that word losely) frequent posts. :)

12. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Scare me off? As if! (I never use that phrase... it's late.) I just got busy with DRL and stopped reading fanfic. You can thank your luney "daughters" for getting me back into shape as far as reading. ;)

Love the characterizations and am eagerly awaiting whatever you have planned. I don't care how you post, I'm happy whenever you do.

Goodnight,
    ~Marie

13. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
  14. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
  15. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Sorry for the delay. I really should have finished this story before I started posting but I gave in to impatience. For those still reading, here is the next addition.

Chapter 5: Touchdown

Opening her duffel, Lainey withdrew the outfit she planned to wear for her debut as La'Ney Tribel, independent appraiser. She laid the black jumpsuit on the bed and continued to dig through her bag. Frowning, she dumped all the contents out and sifted through them. Finally, her hands found a brushed nerf leather belt with a silver buckle. At the sound of a sliding door, she turned to see Nadia returning from the refresher.

"It's all yours," Nadia said, smiling.

After Lainey picked up her clothing and left the room, Nadia rummaged through her own bag. For her role as Lainey's cover, she wanted something non-descript that would blend in with her surroundings. According to her research, it was a jungle planet, but they would be in a major city, albeit not a very high tech one. The brown and green camouflage jumpsuit would work fine for the jungle and possibly the city. She stuffed it back into her bag, then pulled out a pair of khaki cargo pants and a drab green tunic. Twisting her long black hair with her hand, she secured it with a tie near the top of her head. She stepped into the pants and pulled the tunic over her head. Sitting down on the bed, she stuffed her feet into a pair of hiking boots. She was just finishing tying them when Lainey returned.

"I've got to figure out where to hide my lightsaber," Lainey said. "This jumpsuit doesn't have any large pockets."

"Why don't you put it in your attaché case?" Nadia suggested.

Lainey pulled the case out from under the bed. Her hands ran over the smooth dewback leather and tossed the flap up. The lightsaber would fit snuggly at the bottom. "Perfect."
    Mara tucked the white tunic into the gray work pants then adjusted the holster belt on her hips. After putting on a calf length black duster, she dropped her lightsaber into a deep side pocket on her right pant's leg. Next, she pulled a gray smashball cap over her tightly braided hair, hiding her telltale red gold locks from view. A quick appraisal from the mirror satisfied her. She left her cabin and went to the galley.

Lainey saw her first. "Good morning, Captain Rica."

"Good morning, La'Ney," replied Mara, running an appraising eye over the girl's outfit. "Good clothing choice. Once we take care of the face and hands, you'll be ready."

Lifting her hands up and examining them, Lainey asked, "What's wrong with them?"

"They're too young," Mara answered. "Christie Mavron is expecting an older licensed artifacts appraiser." She took Lainey's hand. "Don't worry. The makeup doesn't hurt."

Cautious, Lainey nevertheless followed Mara to the refresher. Half an hour later, a thirty-something La'Ney Tribel emerged in the place of the eighteen year old Helaine Trillium.

Nadia was already in the cockpit when Mara and Lainey arrived. As Mara took her seat in the captain's chair, Nadia stared at the transformed Lainey, who in turn glared back. Averting her eyes, Nadia instead watched her Master prepare the ship for reversion.

The streaking tunnel of hyperspace disappeared as Mara pulled the lever, reverting the ship to the star spotted background of real space. After making a slight course adjustment, the mottled green blur planet of Cilpar appeared in the viewscreen. A few minutes later, the communications light flashed.

"Cilpar Control to approaching starship. Identification please."

"Trader Vessel Sanguine transmitting transponder code," acknowledged Mara.

A few minutes later. "Received and confirmed. We are sending you landing coordinates. Enjoy your stay on Cilpar. Control out."

The landing coordinates were for a spaceport located on the outskirts of Coriasu, the capital of Cilpar. The Jade Shadow docked in Bay 45, between a MandalMotors Pursuer Enforcement Ship and a SoroSuub Preybird-class Starfighter. Mara disembarked, the ramp closed as soon as she stepped off the

16. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ack! What happened to Ben?! you MUST post more Mummy! :eek:

17. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    EEEK! [face_shocked] Mom! Don't stop there!

18. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Upping so you can find the update.

thanks Luney and Jade.

19. Admiral_Lelila

Sep 29, 2001
  20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Ack! Where is he??

21. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Ben's gone! Oh poor Ben!

Great post Mommy. :)

22. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Good posty. Liked all the undercover work.

Now where oh where could that ball have gone? ;)

23. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Yikes! Lost children are very scary.

But the apprasing scenes were very nice. Loved Lainey's "aging," though she's still not as old as she should be. ;)

~Marie

24. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Cool I haven't lost everybody. I'm really trying to keep on track and post more regularly, but real life is taking up more of my time. I hope to send more to the betas soon.

Luney: Why not? ;)
    JadeSaber: Take notes my Mushawan. :)
    Admiral Lelila: Hey nice to see you again.
    Mariah: Don't worry. You'll find out.
    Prof D Kirke: Thanks.
    Womprat: Where, oh where as my little ball gone? oh where oh where can it be?
    MarieJadewalker: Carbonite the new anti-aging cream. Thanks Marie. I didn't want to go into too much detail, but I thought it necessary to talk a little about what they came for.

25. Admiral_Lelila

Sep 29, 2001
    Great post. :D I shuddered when I read that Ben was gone. :eek: :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.