main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Tails - is the movie any good?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JediMasterKeno, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Schilkeman7

Schilkeman7 Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2018
    George made a “George Lucas Picture” with this one. It’s a comic book/pulpy movie, like all of his movies. I enjoyed it more once I came to that realization. I would’ve loved to have seen the other two.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's true. Many were expecting the typical war movie heavy on drama, but that's not what the movie was meant to be. The approach he took with the story and its themes are more simple, accessible and uplifting.

Even though I was expecting a more epic tone from the first trailer, I wasn't disappointed with the movie at all.

wobbits likes this.
  3. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Saw this a couple times again recently. I didn't really understand the style the first time I saw it. It's more of an old fashioned movie where stuff just happens and you go onto the next scene. I admit that before, I didn't have much point of reference. Now, it reminds me of Dam Busters.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I haven't seen Red Tails or Dam Busters in years, so I don't recall any similarities offhand. But GL did borrow a lot from Dam Busters when he made SW, so it's probable there was still a strong influence there when he made Red Tails.

BlackRanger likes this.