main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Redundant, Counter-Productive Speculation Time Is Over: "The Star Wars" Announced

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yup. My bets are 2020. Whether DH still has the license or not.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Is that what they've said?
    I think Fire Carrier could be K'Kruhk's last arc, too.

3. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Awesome. Awhile ago, I thought it would be cool if they did this, and they are. Art looks good. Hopefully well get some better previews. And so much for ew.com breaking this news.

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Despite my earlier reservations, I actually think I would be interested in them not only doing this, but doing the whole trilogy based on earlier outlines. If nothing else, it could be very interesting.

5. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Just a funny afterthought: I just checked EW's website, still no announcement [face_laugh]

HedecGa likes this.
  6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    They will try but I doubt it. Now that we know that Dark Times final arc is coming up for Dass Jenir, and this one is the final one for Khruck. Something could be coming down before the end of the year. Makes sense to tie up anything in the event that a decision is made to bring the comic line back in house.

7. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Whoa, this sounds awesome! I've always liked the original drafts, even though they might make a bad movie, they could be perfect for the comic book medium.

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The Star Wars sounds interesting, but I am slowly losing my interest in Star Wars to a certain extent since TCW and the post-NJO came along and started ruining the universe for me, though there are plenty of things out there that I am still interested in getting such as Dawn of the Jedi, Scourge, and Scoundrels.

9. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    did they explicitly announce that its the last arc for Dass?

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I am beyond psyched for this, this is like a dream come true for me. I have loved reading all about George's earliest ideas (with a lot of help from kind folks in the Saga forum) and to see the very first script actually fleshed out would probably be at the very top of my list of Star Wars comics I'd like to be made. With the existence of The Clone Wars television show, Dawn of the Jedi comics with the earliest Jedi history ever revealed, and yes, the sequel trilogy coming up, it feels like I've really been getting spoiled with Star Wars dreams-come-true lately! I must have these comics, no way I'll have the patience to wait for the TPB.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    This is pretty cool, actually. Provided it's not an April Fool's joke.

Wellll..... no. No, I don't. I think Randy will continue to keep his pet series alive while pointlessly killing off other series that have only just begun to explore their potential. And even if they do plan to wind it down soon, it'll be four more years before Wheatley can pencil the next two arcs. So no, Dark Times is unfortunately here to stay.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Can't remember where, but they said a while back that there was one last Wheatley arc coming up to wrap up Dass Jennir's story--Fire Carrier was inserted ahead of it to give Wheatley time to get it done.

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It's interesting, but if DHC is losing Star Wars I'd rather they do something else with their time.

14. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    What are you putting in your coffee buddy? Your way too excited and too positive for my taste. I don't knwo what all these comics your talking about. We've only had 9 issues of Dawn of the Jedi with the last one to the second arc coming out in May. Who knows how long that one will last, the clone wars tv series is cancelled and no one knows for sure when, or what special content were getting, and no, the sequel trilogy is not yet a slam dunk success. But whatever your takeing I'll be glad to have some.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  15. vong333

Oct 18, 2003

we don't know for sure that the are, but I read somewhere that Disney will make a decision before the end of the year on the publishing portion. The next Dark Times arc is a final, they got this new 8 issue arc coming out which while interesting and different will have an ending. Who knows, but no really new and over bearing series coming out for the foreseeable future so one can only surmise what might happen. We know that Rebellion at least has 12 issues. As we get closer to Epiosde 7 territory we'll know. My bet is Marvel gets back and they will start covering things before, during and of course after episode 7. They may decide to leave the stuff from before alone. Who knows.

16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    My first thought was "April Fools Joke", but on the off chance it isn't:

"At WondeCon, Dark Horse announces new eight issue Star Wars series for September - The Star Wars. Based on George Lucas‘ original concept that eventually became the Star Wars films.
    Featuring Darth Vader not as a Sith/Jedi but just a General. Anakin Starkiller. An old General Luke Skywalker. Jonathan Rinzler will write and Mike Mayhew will do the art."

Darth Vader:
    [​IMG]

Luke Skywalker:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03...-concept-the-star-wars-into-comics-wondercon/

17. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I can't wait till some genius starts a canon argument over this, that'll be fun.

Well, assuming we haven't been had, it's a cool concept and I'll take it over Dark Horse digging up old story threads to give unsatisfactory endings for.

18. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    I thought the original concept was the story of Mace Windy as related to us by C.J. Thorpe.

19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Randy Stradley from Dark Horse confirmed that this is real, and not an April Fool's joke. It's an interesting concept indeed, creating a story from Lucas' first drafts. So I'm guessing this can be filed under N-canon? Or perhaps Infinities?

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    This would have been a pretty awesome ongoing story for the Tales series back in the days. Though best thing about it is likely to be the art.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If this comes in TPB I'm going to by it

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Mayhew is a very good artist.

Though, on a wider point, I can't help but see this as an experiment to see how EU fans respond to a different version of SW in preparation for the ST.

23. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Actually kind of glad I don't know very much about the original drafts, beyond some of the wackier ideas that most likely won't be used. This should be very surprising.

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Interesting choice... should be a fun read if nothing else. Says a lot about the future of the EU being standalone pulp spinoffs.

I'll be curious how well this sells though, as it's ironically something old school hardcore fans are likely to be interested in, and will just confuse the young'uns, as didn't CooperTFN make a comment just the other day about how 'well' Tales worked out?

If nothing else, at least Dark Horse might be using their last few years to tell all the hardcore stuff that will be consigned to history the moment the Star Wars brand moves forever into new waters.

25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    APRIL FOOLS anyoneß i doubt this project since the art they showed is all old and I saw it before in several other projects ;)