main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Refugees from the the Official Star Wars forums check in and say hello

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    OMG THEY CLOSED!

Now welcome to the real Star Wars forums.

[image=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sw018.gif]

Edit: Thanks VadersLaMent for allowing to use his post for writing up a few advices and hints to make this forum a bit more easier to understand. :)

1. Problems with sending private messages (PM)?
    In case you need to send a PM, you need to get 20 posts first. If you don't have 20 posts already, then this thread might help you. :)

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    We welcome all of you with open arms!!

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    They're lying! Run, while you still have a chance!

Nah, I'm kidding. I'm actually hoping to see some TOS people here.

4. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Well, this is Shada checking in. Far too ticked off that they're closing the old SW.com boards. I couldn't even remember my log-in over here. lol And now I'm wishing I could change my screen name. ;)

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Welcome back at then!

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's very sad to hear that they are closing the The Official Site (TOS), especially since it's the home of a lot of fans and has a big history, like this place is as well. I don't know what I would do, if this place closes. Maybe looking for a new forum, maybe getting interested in another subject. I just don't know. But for those who like to keep up talks about SW, I really hope that TFN will give everyone from TOS a nice (second) home. :)

Welcome everyone from TOS! [:D]

If you wonder about anything, don't know what certain abbreviations mean or where to find anything you're looking for, just us ask (here in Welcome New Users or any mod around). We'll answer your questions as fast as possible. :)

If you (as a new member) feel like starting your own welcome thread, you're free to do so. You'll get tons of individual welcomes and (depending on what you write) suggestions where to go. You can also use that thread as your personal ask-a-question thread. :)

And last but not least: Enjoy your stay! :)

Welcome back Shada! [:D]

I like your name. Why do you want to change it? :confused: In case you really want to have a different username, you just need to re-register with the name you love and start posting with that one. In case you're not sure about starting to post with a new account, you can create one just for the fun of it (and maybe for later use). :)

And what I've written above, counts for you as well, of course. :)

Have lots of fun! :)

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    You can't change the name of your account, but you can just start a new one if you want a different screen name. Otherwise welcome, feel free to ask any questions and ignore some of the riff-raff you're bound to run into, they're harmless. Mostly.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome TrakNar! [:D]

I just realised that you're new and from TOS as well. Somehow I thought you had been posted here before. Sorry. [face_blush]

Have you found any interesting places already? If not, let us know. There are tons of different boards with different people and atmosphere. So you'll find a nice place to stay. :)

See ya around! :D

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Heh, I've settled in last night in the JCC. It was high time I join up anyway.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's good to hear. The JCC is a nice place, but don't forget to check out other boards as well (if you have a bit time left). :)

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Been making my rounds all evening, actually. Dropped by Gaming, SWC, LACWAC, and Lit.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok, then you didn't need my advice. ;) :) That's a good variation. :D

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The Fan Art forum has caught my attention, though I'd rather get some more board activity under my belt before I start up an art thread. Doing so on my first night just struck me as pretentious.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Welcome to the new members! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask one of us mods!

Just a note that you need to have 20 posts before sending private messages here due to the way the board system was set up by IGN. If you look up top here at the forum thread list you'll find a thread set up to get those 20 posts quickly.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was wondering about that topic. Ah well, I got my first 20 posts the old-fashioned way. Not as if I was in any major hurry to send PMs to people. Good to know, though.

16. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Refugees indeed. LFL decided to "1984" us. So what's all the rivalry between TOS and TFN? Never actually paid attention to that. Only occasional mentions.

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Getting 20 posts the old-fashioned way is the best way. But sometimes people like to pm a certain person right after joining (for example: lurkers who like to get on the PM-list for FanFiction updates or if a new member has questions that they don't want to post in public). :)

Just ask, if you wonder about other things as well. The more you ask, the faster you get familiar. :D

Welcome Good_News_Nobody! [:D]

I don't know and I don't really care about this rivalry. I'm a bit sad for you that you lose your home soon, since I can't imagine how the internet world would be without this place (my home). But of course I am also looking forward to meet you all and I hope that you start enjoying this place as well. :)

Have lots of fun and don't hesitate to ask here in WNU or any mods around, if you need help or have questions (I can't point this out often enough ;). :)

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

I think it's just a mutual "Haha! Look at those guys talkin' 'bout Star Wars in that other forum - LOLZ WHAT NERDS!" Occasionally someone will feel particularly frisky and throw out a "LOLZ THAY HAVE A THREAD ABOUT BOSSKKKKK!!!! GET WITH THE TIMES!!!" But that's about it.

19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Welcome everyone from StarWars.com. And thank you VLM for starting this thread. Your adept use of cutting-edge gifs shall be legendary.

20. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Skiara,

Thanks. I hope I'll find my niche here. Have to get used to the layout first.

Just typical "I know more than you do" thing. Civil strife is unavoidable.

21. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    I have been over here for quite some time but am posting in this thread to let any other TOSers know I am here.

The Broox = DarthBroox

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Welcome to our corner of the internet. Nostrum forum suum est

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Greetins' cretins! Mi casa su casa or however the heck that's spelled...

I'm sure it will be an adjustment for some of you. If you really miss TOS, feel free to spend all of your online time visiting our TOS: http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Terms.aspx

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Mi casa es su casa, you were close. ;)

Welcome all!

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Look at you, jumping in to have my linguistical back!

I could have pulled off Gaelic or Biblical Hebrew no problem... instead I opt to publicly fail at basic, common Spanish. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.