main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Regional Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Normally, I could help you out with this, but I just packed up all my extra since I'm having to move out of the room I keep all my stuff in at home. :(

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I will also be in costume, thanks to Christina, but will also be saberless since I only have a toy plastic one without a hanger thingy on it. It wouldn't look right anyway with a Jedi using a red saber anyway. :p

3. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks for the offer, much appriciated.

I have a d-ring loop right now, if any one can let me borrow just till after the hospital and book signing

4. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I have a couple sabers, I'll have to dig them out and see if either are currently useable for hanging. If not, well, I'll see how much time I have to get them rigged. Don't get your hopes up, though.

5. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    way cool, I will keep fingers crossed for that reason something in this last week has to go right.............

6. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Sorry medic, don't know what the deal is, but I couldn't even find the saber before I left for work. Doesn't look like its going to happen.

7. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005

Thank you very much, just for taking time to look to see if you had it.:)

8. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I guess that we could go as Jedi scholars, Medic. ;)
    Our knowladge of the Force is so immence that we don't need to fight with physical weapons. ;)

9. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    There you go Frank, great idea!

Here is the final schedule, in case you didn't check the Regional thread on Midwest boards...

Regional Meeting
    June 9 ? 11

Friday ? June 9th arrival
    Meet and greet - Adam?s Mark Hotel
    315 Chestnut Street, Saint Louis, 63102 - (314) 241-7400
    Talk with Aaron Allston 7pm

Saturday ? June 10th
    Breakfast -- ?

Hospital ? 10:30am ( in costume)
    Shriners Children's Hospital (10 people)
    2001 S Lindbergh Blvd, St Louis, 63131 - (314) 432-3600

Signing - with Aaron Allston at Sunset Borders 1:00 to 4:30pm
    10990 Sunset Hills Plz, St Louis, 63127 - (314) 909-0300
    (in costumes, or SW shirts)

BBQ ? Old Carriage Shelter at Tower Grove Park (reserved till 9:30pm)
    4256 Magnolia Ave, St Louis, 63110
    Set up 5pm
    Start at 6pm

Sunday ? June 11th
    Breakfast -- ?

The Arch ? (2 hours) (opens at 8 till 10pm)
    1 Cityplace Dr # 300, St Louis, 63141 - (314) 994-2700

Saint Louis Brewery ? for those that will still be around
    2100 Locust St, St Louis, 63103 - (314) 241-2337

Departures
    --Christina (jedi_runya)

10. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    HAHA Good one Frank! I am going as a Jedi Healer but even they carry sabers I think. No braid for me either. LOL. I wanted to find one but had, then realized who wants to go through the"Padawan" stage and train all over. HUH I need a few pouches too, but eh as long as I get the belt done.

11. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Here we go! Is everyone ready??? :D

12. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, just a few thoughts. Anyone in St. Louis who is coming to the picnic, please, please, please if you have any camping coleman like chairs bring them. If you have extras bring them. I don't think we would have enough seating otherwise.

Also, the wading pool opens on Sat. so if you want to jump in the wading pool, maybe bring some towels and extra clothing.

I am sure I will think of something else, but for now. See most of you tonight!!! Yay!!!!

13. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    If you are planning on going to Shriners with us in the morning and you are not going to be here tonight, please let me know. We will plan on meeting there at 10:20. Thanks!!

14. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Wish I could be there, but on top of working this weekend, I also have a wedding to attend...

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Ok, this RAce for a Cure may cause real headaches tomorrow...esp. for the hospital...amyone got any ideas???

The 2006 Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure promises to be a record setter. With more than 60,000 people coming downtown, organizers wanted to change the route.

The new route involves wider streets so participants can get to the finish line sooner.

Walkers and runners will start at 16th and Olive, then they'll head West to Compton, then turn left on Compton to Market, heading East.

The 5K race ends at 14th and Market.

Getting downtown is half the battle.

Between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m., there are several ramp closures.

Westbound on Highway 40/64, the 2100 Market Street exit will be closed, as will the 3000 Market Street exit.

Eastbound on Highway 40/64, 20th and Chestnut, as well as the Market/Bernard Street exit will be closed. The exit ramp from Eastbound Forest Park Parkway onto Market will also be closed.

Streets at the race site begin closing around 3am.

Streets along the remaining race route close at around 7:30 am.

Here's a tip for parking. Try choosing lots that are east of Tucker. That way you'll be away from the race route. Tucker will remain open.

If you get downtown early enough, Famous Barr at Seventh and Pine is offering free parking in their garage.

However, most parking will cost either $3-4 dollars.

If you want to avoid driving altogether, you can use Metrolink or the Metro bus.

16. padawanjo

padawanjo Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2002
    Can anyone come for the breakfast....I got the impression that only ten people could come. I am going to see Phantom of the Opera this afternoon but would like to squeeze in some Star Wars stuff if I could.

Is the breakfast at Shriners or the Adam's Mark?

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The hospital asked us to limit it to 10. It's not a breakfest but a hang out with the kids there.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/MRM/GroupwithAllston.jpg]

18. starjedi9045

starjedi9045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Wow! I saw you in that pic! [face_laugh]

19. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    Let me be the first to say "Thank you" you put together a wonderful time for all of us. What a success. Thank you so much.

20. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    You are welcome! It was nice to meet you! :D

21. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I agree, yesterday was awsome and it was a lot of fun meeting some of the other fanforce members. congrats to Dajuan and Christina for putting this togehter and all. and it was nice meeting the other fanforce members, you are all cool people. hope you all have a safe trip back home.

22. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    WooHoo! We just dropped off the KC group at the train station! What a great weekend! I would like to thank everyone for their hard 'work' and gracious attitudes to our out of guests!!

I set up a photobucket account for the weekend, if anyone has pictures please post them here. PM me for the password and you can upload any pictures you have! I will get mine up once I get some sleep!!

Great weekend everyone; I think we showed that we are the best Fan Force around!! :D

23. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I had a great time Friday and Saturday. It was great to meet some of those from KC and other areas. Medic, Laura and Scott, it was great to finally meet you. I am still kind of beat from yesterday but am almost caught up on my sleep. :p

I lost power lastnight around 8 pm and didn't get it back until just a couple minutes after noon.

I want to thank all those involved in organizing the events and making them happen. =D=

24. TK-1161_Curt

TK-1161_Curt Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
    I just wanted to say that you all did a FANTASTIC job with the Borders event. We had a great time and I hope we can start working together more often.

25. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    Wow!! What a great weekend! It was awesome getting to meet and hang out with everyone. Thanks again to Dajuan, Christina, and Mike for organizing such a stellar event. Brandon and I hope to do it again really soon!

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.