main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Regrets of the Past" - A Star Wars Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Bernardo-Tejedor, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Bernardo-Tejedor

Bernardo-Tejedor Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2017
    Hey Guys

I thought you might be interested in our Star Wars Fan Film „Regrets oft he Past“ (50min).
    It was 6 years in the making and we think it´s a good piece of professional Fan-Art.
    Hope you like it.

YouTube:

Making of (subtitled):

Bernardo ;)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Welcome to the forum! :)

I don't have time to watch this right now, but I'll try to watch it later tonight. It looks to have really high production values, and I'm very curious about it!

EDIT: It is now later, and I have watched the film. First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on making such an epic fan film! Most fan films of this scope are never completed.

The cinematography in this film is among the best I've ever seen in a fan film - it's really great looking! The shot of Kaila with all the TIE Fighters is gorgeous!

The story is pretty straight forward and works well. I would have liked some more information about the Holocron, but since it's only a McGuffin it's understandable why you didn't do more with it. I found myself interested in the characters, which is always the most important thing, so good work on that!

The acting... well, since I watched the dubbed version (my German is basically non-existant) I feel a lot of the acting came across as pretty bad. The facial expressions are often there, so I suspect the acting is much better than the dubbing would have you believe.

The effects were overall pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but considering it's a no budget fan film, they're more than good enough!

I overall really, really liked the costumes in the film, but I wasn't too fond of your Vader. The costume, the body language and the voice all felt a bit off to me. But again, considering what this is, that's certainly not a big nit to pick.

Overall, I'd say this is a great fan film! One of the better ones! Again, really, really good job, and congratulations! :)