main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reimagining TFA/TLJ - I cut both films down into a singular 48 minute epilogue tribute to the saga

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by tiMartyn, Apr 6, 2019.

1. tiMartyn

tiMartyn Jedi Padawan

Dec 11, 2017
    https://aneworder.wixsite.com/remix

Over the past several months, I have been working on a fan edit of The Last Jedi based on an article I wrote, reimagining what the film could've been. It gained some traction elsewhere, so I contacted a storyboard artist friend and together, we're bringing this vision to life. That won't be released for some time.

But, as I was re-editing The Last Jedi, I started having some off-shoot ideas. I was inspired by popular fan edit, "The War of the Stars", a sequel to the Star Wars grindhouse edit which reimagined the Original Trilogy, reordering scenes and completely changing huge aspects of the films. Watching it is an entirely new experience. It's fantastic.

I was curious if this could be accomplished with The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Both films have scenes which feel conclusive, as if they belong at the end of a trilogy. I took advantage of this and created a "one-off" epilogue to the Star Wars saga, acting as if Disney never created any additional films and this was the finale. I made it as a tribute to the galaxy of George Lucas, and had a blast putting it together.

The list of things I've changed feels endless. Snoke is no longer Snoke. Luke is no longer a recluse. Force ghosts appear. Some characters who died don’t die, and some who lived don’t live. There's a new Force projection from Luke. There's a somewhat new lightsaber battle. There's a redemption story.

Some sequences are simply re-edited to give the impression that you are watching an entirely new film. At 48 minutes long, I intended to give a short but sweet finale inspired a bit by the EU to my favorite film series of all time.

I hope you have fun watching it. Let me know what you think!

2. tiMartyn

tiMartyn Jedi Padawan

Dec 11, 2017
    This remix is titled “A New Order,” as a reference to the fan favorite title of Episode IX as well as the literal new order of scenes.

Here are a few scenes you can preview, although I think it would be better to see them firsthand in the full remix.

The opening scene post-crawl:

A pivotal point in Luke's story, as he communicates with Leia and returns to the fight:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019